Interview with dev

Started by deadman1, October 22, 2009, 08:57:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadman1

Here´s a link to an interview that eurogamer did with Codemaster´s Sion Lenton, they speak among other things about the upcoming DLC for OFP:DR. The second part is another interview with former US army major Neil Powell, he is quizzed about how Codemasters has succeded in makin OFP:DR as real as possible.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/operation-flashpoint-dragon-rising-aftermath-interview

PZ

Looks promising with regards to increased content!  :-X

Art Blade

Thanks for the link, deadman  :-X

Just finished reading. Codemasters are on for a long term development based on this game. That means sequels, too :)

The army guy basically said that the game was more difficult than real combat (compare how you can move your head quickly and have all your senses in real life and how you lose those abilities while staring at a monitor) and also that he didn't like the suboptimal weapons (you have to look for better weapons instead of starting with top notch gear) and their sights.

"The optimal sights that are attached to most high-quality weapons now mean you can see very clearly at 300-400 metres. And that scenario seemed to be about 150 metres."

That's basically what I thought, "damn, I can't see much with these." Funny remark was, a dedicated game-trained couch-potatoe would always win against a real spec ops guy who was untrained at FPS games. He also thinks the game works in favour of the enemy, hehehe.

I like his statement:

"The key to any of these games is nothing to do with military service, it's to do with dexterity; it's about hand-eye coordination; it's about practice."

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

I like that army guy's comment. I think I'm reasonably good at PC combat; in the real thing I'd probably be one of the first to get body-bagged ;D

Tags:
🡱 🡳