(Non-Animated) Short Films (youtube, vimeo..)

Started by JRD, June 01, 2010, 02:18:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Binnatics

"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

Some lead CGI artist presents the making of "Drunk Aliens" from scratch to rendering and the final picture. He used Zbrush for main models and Modo701 for rendering and texturing.
Nice to watch :)

The Making of 'Drunk Aliens' on Vimeo
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

So much w@&k.... cool description though :) :-X
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

mandru

That was pretty cool.  I'm always on the look out for interesting random data bits.  :)

(Instead of data bits I was going to say trivia but I didn't want to imply by inference that Germany was in any way trivial  ;)  :-X )
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

don't worry, I got you.  :)

Before posting that clip I watched it myself and it's pretty accurate. The only thing which was wrong was around friends and their homes.

His comment was misleading that, being invited to someone's home, it was inappropriate to say something like "I like your kitchen" or similar things to someone you're not close to. That's nonsense. Then again, the people living in the area around Stuttgart have a very special mentality..  ;)

Basically we don't invite any people over to our homes at all unless we've already established some sort of mutual friendship or are obviously already well on our way. There is a chance of inviting people to one's home with a business background, an appointment of sorts. In any case, it will be considered polite if someone offers a nice remark about your home or details of it, why wouldn't we like it if someone appreciated our taste in furniture and interior design?  :) (I know that it is different in other countries, like in the orient.. people may feel obliged to give you what you like as in, "oh, such a nice vase.." -- "here, it is for you, take it. No no no, I insist, you must take it..")

Indeed we don't show strangers around but it is quite common to show friends around e.g. after moving house and "old" friends come pay a visit for the first time. Any first time visit (also a friend's new home) requires bringing a gift, usually indeed a bottle of wine (if you don't drink, you may offer it to guests or use it as a present for someone else). In case of a new home we often bring a traditional present instead, bread and salt.

By the way, it would be rather unusual and very uncommon to open the bottle that day. We often showcase gifts, including wine bottles, as long as the guests are there and stash them away later. That's probably because opening them right away would look kind of greedy or showing no respect like, what about it, it's just a beverage.. We do whatever we want with them once the guests are gone. I admit, many a time those bottles were opened regardless, but it was always very late at night and never right away and never by any guests :)

Binnatics

Very interesting watch indeed! We have lots of things similar in Holland, and other things different of course. Something that made me smile was the houses not having closets ^-^
In Holland there was a rule once that you have to pay extra tax per window in your home. That's why you can still see lots of old houses with blinded walls where you can most certainly see remainings of a window walled up there to avoid extra taxes :-D

Binnatics

:) :-X

My brother in law has Apple TV. Not something to get right away, but we had much fun checking Just for Laughs pranks;

Magnetic Spoon Prank

I almost stayed in it when I watched this one for the first time. These guys are hilarious, enjoy and you may surf along more of their product ^-^

Art Blade

:)

do you want that vid to stay in this topic (it is reserved for animated short films) or maybe move that post to the non-animated topic?

Binnatics

Oh, well, let's move it. Didn't know there were two separate topics :-D

Art Blade

done :) Oh yes, you did know :-D Just check out the author of the last post before your video post.. we're all growing older and some of us have to pay with their memory :-()

Binnatics

I tend to realise my memory is the bottleneck when we're talking of ageing  :-D

mandru

As a study of two different approaches towards solving the same delicate problem in the development of their offspring I found this video to be an interesting summation of the distinct differences in psychology between dogs and cats.

Link here: http://www.wimp.com/usestairs/

Spoiler

I particularly appreciate the intriguing finesse behind the feline's direct method of teaching their kittens to not be a pu$$y.

I'll also toss this one in here just for fun.

Doritos: Guardian
- mandru

Art Blade

2x :laugh:

Spoiler
The dog bit is obviously OK but I doubt the cat bit is. To me the "baby" cat doesn't look like a baby at all (long tail, long legs, small head by comparison) although it might be a young cat. If so, the other cat is supposedly of the same age or a little older. I think the person who uploaded the vid hates cats. :-D You don't teach someone how to do it by just pushing them over the edge; a cat would do the same as the dog: go first and wait for the kitten.

mandru

I am a cat fancier preferring cats over dogs though I've had many good dogs as pets.  Dogs have to seek approval and affection as they are pack animals and can't help it but to be befriended by a cat you've had to earn it and continue to reinforce the bond.

It's either that or they are trying to con you out of something.  :-\\

Spoiler

I knew the cat that gets knocked down the ladder wasn't a kitten.

I overlooked that detail in choosing to post the clip because the disparity of concern in the opposing methods was too irresistible to ignore.  Besides the crash when he hits bottom was pure comedic gravy!

- mandru

Binnatics

The cat teaching method was hilarious :laugh: :-X

A dog has a boss. A cat has personnel :-D

Art Blade

mandru, agree :) I had to watch the ending about 10 times for that crash sound. :-D

nexor

Art Blade

mandru

Isn't that cute.  ::)

Spoiler

A mother trying to regain control as a parent after letting that little spawn of evil become comfortable in calling her by her first name and thinking he has grounds for negotiation rights.  She could use this clip to defend herself in court as to why she had to kill this one before it could get loose an run amok outside.

No means no and sometimes "Because I said so!" is what's needed to draw the line on who's in charge.  Apparently (or should I say non-parentally) these are both concepts this future felon has never been forced to stretch his tiny little brain around.
- mandru

Art Blade

I'd have found it cute if it had lasted 10 seconds. But that little s#!t-for-brains seriously trying to negotiate with his parents who film it, talk about spanking him OR someone else, and then publish it.. that's where I draw the line. I didn't even watch it to the end, too annoying.

fragger

Just watched that clip. Oooh, you little ba$t@rd... Thank your lucky stars you're not my kid, you wouldn't be able to sit for a week >:((

Art Blade

Binnatics

He even calls his mama "darling" :laugh:

Wonder what kind of relationship his parents have. Probably not much brighter than the idea of publishing the little bugger on the net like this ::)

Tags:
🡱 🡳