(Non-Animated) Short Films (youtube, vimeo..)

Started by JRD, June 01, 2010, 02:18:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nexor

Quote from: Art Blade on March 29, 2012, 09:18:40 AM
I click on them

I know you click on them dumm kopf....!!  ::)  some people......  ;D    then what's wrong with the one i posted......... ???    :D

Art Blade

:laugh:

nothing wrong with what you posted -- just with what they did to it in my country.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

nexor

It's a HP printer advert about a bunch of toddlers having fun, wonder what could be bad about that   ???

mandru

A lot of the restrictions Art experiences seems to center around music copyrights (copyrights in general) and this clip prominently featured that piece of music "I've got a brand new pair of roller skates".   :-\\
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

PZ

Be careful of Art - he can become extremely literal at times!  :laugh:

Art Blade

:-()

Indeed, all of those YT vids that are blocked in Germany contain music which is copyright protected here and YT has not made a deal with the German music industry in those cases.

In this particular case I get to see this:

QuoteUnfortunately, this SME music-content is not available in Germany because GEMA has not granted the respective music publishing rights.
Sorry about that.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

nexor

Binnatics

"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

nexor

[smg id=4235 type=av]

This is the one Art, I converted it to flv

Art Blade

wow, thanks man.. :)  :-X

Amazing vid. How the heck did they do that? ??? :) :-X

nexor

I thought you might like it, that's why I looked and found YT converting software on CNet to transfer the clip to my pc on .flv 

Art Blade

nexor

Jim di Griz

Having done a search, I could find no mention of Freddie Wong's videos, or Freddie W as he signs himself.

As we're all gamers, here's a guy who apparently makes a living out of parodying games in delightful ways - if you haven't seen these, I hope you enjoy and they bring as much pleasure as they have to me over the past year.

Golf Wars

He has done many, many short films with his friends - all madcap and wildly inventive and usually involving lots of guns - except maybe this one  :)

Skyrim Badass

Just recently their team have begun to create a series - there are so many references in there...and a lot of laughs.

Video Game High School - episode 1
Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer  - Major Holdridge
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Art Blade

whoa, that was addictive. Watched the Video Game High School episodes, too. These guys are actually not only good, they're better than TV :)

Nice recommendation mate :)

Jim di Griz

No worries  :) there's stuff from at least the past two years on YouTube plus Freddie has his own channel - I'm glad it's appreciated as that stuff is too good not to share.

EA (yes, I know) teamed up with Freddie and Brandon letting them produce a trailer for BF3 - so those guys are going somewhere  :-X

Battlefield 3 MP
Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer  - Major Holdridge

nexor

Usually I'm not one for these motivational speeches, but this one grabbed my attention, my wife and I watched it about four times and every time I get all choked up   :(

http://www.dump.com/lookingpast/

Art Blade

I really don't like the way she promotes it, how she talks. Almost like recruiting for a sect speed-talking at 200 words per second not giving enough time to let anyone think. Her mouth a machine gun, her words the bullets. Hit us all, no captives, no survivors.

Let's put it this way: If you had a bottle of the finest wine you wouldn't put the bottle to your mouth and down the swill in one single swig and burp. You'd want to savour it, one sip at the time, and take a break between sips and after a glass. What she did was have you down all the barrels of the bloody vintage at once and drown you in it. Kind of overly motivated, almost as if on steroids.

Apart from that.. the essence of it was interesting.  :-D

Binnatics

Well, overwhelming, yes, a bit. But a nice way of promoting what's called, I think, civilization. Or at least what it should be. Having respect for others and ourselves unless and maybe just because they / we are NOT perfect. That's what makes us human and that's what makes civilisation such a weird, unnatural thing.  :)

Good one :-X
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

Art Blade

Binnatics

Amazing video!!! :laugh: :-X

"...remember the prophecy... you are the chosen one" ^-^

PZ

He must have an aspiring baseball player - he swings the sword like a bat.

Jim di Griz

As most of you like a bit of SF - here's a series pilot which is pretty darn impressive.

L5 - EPISODE ONE - PILOT on Vimeo

If the link doesn't w@&k, just click the link underneath :)

Fiach

WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Tags:
🡱 🡳