A couple of new pizzas - indoor oven

Started by PZ, November 26, 2013, 09:51:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Weve started to par-bake all our crusts because that almost gives a grilled crust crispness.  We did four pizzas this evening, and a couple of those were new ones

Fresh ingredients - tomatoes from the store, and basil from the Aerogarden, which is now producing an abundance of the fresh herb
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

One of our standard favorites, nothing but fresh mozzarella, fresh basil, tomatoes, salt and pepper.  We also add a bit of feta for more salt goodness

Sun dried tomatoes, fresh diced tomatoes, fresh basil, mozzarella, feta roasted red peppers, and red pepper flakes

The basic tomato and mozzarella pie this time topped with kale instead of basil, which turned out crisp and salty - a perfect complement to the acid of the fresh tomato

Dweller_Benthos

<Insert Homer drooling sounds here>

Dang, those look yummy!
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

goodness gracious! That looks incredibly delicious. <drool>  :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Thanks guys - par baking the crusts makes them almost as good as cooked in the wood fired oven

Binnatics

Kale on a pizza..... interesting choice ????

I'll have to try that out for myself :-X :)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

PZ

You might like it - they are light and crisp as potato chips.

Next time we'll toss lightly in a bit of olive oil and sprinkle with coarse salt.

Binnatics

I will definitely try it out. Over here in Holland we make a "mash-pot" with Kale. We cook it for around 40 minutes together with potatoes (crumpy ones) and then mash it all together with butter, milk and salt to become a creamy mash. Traditionally it's combined with smoked sausage, but I prefer to combine it with some fried cheese soufflés. Excellent ^-^ :-X
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

PZ

Sounds like something similar we do, but not mashing the potatoes.  We use a chicken soup base, diced potatoes, Italian sausage, and kale (plus spices of course)

fragger

Binnatics

Quote from: PZ on February 06, 2014, 04:15:00 PM
Sounds like something similar we do, but not mashing the potatoes.  We use a chicken soup base, diced potatoes, Italian sausage, and kale (plus spices of course)

Which results in? A curry plate? I mean like all mixed to a single plate?

PZ

Quote from: Binnatics on February 07, 2014, 09:10:32 AM
Which results in? A curry plate? I mean like all mixed to a single plate?

It is actually a soup - there is a chain restaurant here that serves what they call Zuppa Toscana - the recipe is below, and is very tasty  ^-^

http://www.food.com/recipe/olive-garden-copycat-zuppa-toscana-38298

mandru

And I must say their Zuppa Toscana is very good.  Mrs mandru and I will drop in there occasionally for the soup and salad lunch which is all you care to eat including the freshly baked bread sticks.  :-X

Mrs mandru has also cobbled together a good imitation that I like when made with plenty of garlic and a hotter Italian sausage than the original.
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

PZ

When I went to w@&k this morning, my wife mentioned that she was going to cook up some kale we had - I remembered this post, of course.  I planted the seed of the soup and she thought it a wonderful idea.  However, she took changed the ingredients considerably to suit what we had in the fridge.

Binnatics

PZ

Tags:
🡱 🡳