Game rating: Far Cry 2

Started by Art Blade, August 24, 2010, 03:59:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRD

Indeed... if it wasn't for OWG, maybe FC2 wouldn't last for so long on my PC.

Members reinvented the game and found new possibilities of having fun!  8)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

my point exactly  :)

With that in mind, I hope other games that are not so popular with other people will have a chance with OWG. I am sure with a creative bunch like this, we can turn many a game into more fun than it offers at a first quick glance. :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Well, I can tell you that OWG itself probably wouldn't be in existence if not for FC2, so our organization owes it's foundation to that famous game!

Most of the core members already know this, but for those that aren't aware, this is what transpired:

D_B's fantastic maps, and how to get them properly displayed was the impetus for the formation of the original farcry2maps site.  I was in the middle of creating the map hosting site, which did not have forums or any other means of communication.  Then when the site we used for forums went down, I was "in the dark" so to speak - literally days before farcry2maps was scheduled to go online.  I quickly threw an SMF board set together hoping that someone would be able to find their way to the maps - spaceboy was the first.  He and I were literally a forum of two when we started, and JRD found us - as I recall, I'd posted a link announcing the opening of farcry2maps on the forum site just before it went down.

D_B found the site not long thereafter, then others, and finally we even enticed Art to join  :-()

Of course, we hosted D_B's maps, and then other files, and so outgrew our free hosting solution - premium hosting was the best option.  But what to call ourselves?  JRD came up with the idea "open world games" and because we wanted it to be a non-profit organization, the name openworldgames.org was born.

We finally grew enough so that spaceboy decided to spin off in another direction and founded mygamepages.com, one of our affiliates, and here we are, over a year later having discussed dozens of games, and topics ranging from cuisine to how to build a computer - imagine that all of this started because of a video game  :-()

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

spaceboy

memories!   See, who said gaming is an antisocial activity???
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

PZ

Quote from: spaceboy on August 27, 2010, 05:07:07 AM
memories!   See, who said gaming is an antisocial activity???
You are so right!  Gaming keeps us off the streets and out of trouble  :-()

Art Blade

Art Blade

Last change (I think) - replay value "upped" from 7 to 8.

Tags:
🡱 🡳