FO3 latest content

Started by PZ, November 08, 2009, 09:19:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Here are a few screen captures of Fallout 3

At night - the moon is beautiful in the game - the screen capture does not do it justice.
[smg id=1612]

Me and my dog, Dogmeat in Washington DC.  He is a good mutt - always eager to protect me from the evils of the wasteland, and coming to me for a pet once he has finished clearing out the foes.  He is surprisingly gentle with me considering how vicious he is against all others.
[smg id=1611]

... a closer view of me and Dogmeat
[smg id=1610]

A nice view of the Potomac
[smg id=1609]

PZ

Interacting with my friend and companion

[smg id=1616]
[smg id=1619]
[smg id=1614]

PZ

You can search the dead bodies of your victims and take whatever you want.  These items may be sold to various scavengers or merchants

[smg id=1621]

PZ

Using the grenade mod - hold the "G" key down and you'll automatically equip a grenade - release the key and you'll throw it.

[smg id=1622]

PZ

My dog ran ahead of me to take on these two super mutants
[smg id=1615]

Using the .50 sniper to do away with the super mutants - one shot kills.

[smg id=1617]
[smg id=1618]
[smg id=1613]
[smg id=1620]
[smg id=1623]

PZ

Here are a few screen captures of the hideout mod - this is one of the best mods I've installed to date - a real cozy home for me, my dig, and a couple of friends.

Here is where you can purify meat (called wonder meat)
[smg id=1624]
You can take a dip in this purified water coming straight out of the rocks into a beautiful pool
[smg id=1625]
Here is a view of the science lab equipment - you can decontaminate yourself as well as create chemical compounds
[smg id=1626]
... another view
[smg id=1627]
The computer terminal contains all the information you need to run the place
[smg id=1628]
... a view of the wall nest to the computer terminal
[smg id=1629]
You'll eat well with these hydroponically grown foods!
[smg id=1630]
My bedroom - quite cozy
[smg id=1631]
Another view of my room
[smg id=1632]
Creating a compound
[smg id=1633]
A hidden wall behind which are special weapons
[smg id=1634]
The main entrance to your lab
[smg id=1635]

fragger

Nice, PZ, cool collection of screenies, mate :-X :-X

This game does look intriguing, even though I'm not normally into RPGs. From what I can gather by reading all the posts here, it's doesn't seem to be like a typical RPG in that it has more FPS aspects to it. Would you agree?

Btw, that flag on the wall in the bedroom appears to be the 13-star flag that dates from the War of Independence, as first seen at the Battle of Cowpens, South Carolina, in 1781. The actual flag now hangs in the Maryland State House. I guess your guy must have swiped it on his way to DC ;D

Just a bit of historical trivia for you :)

Ricamundo

Nice screens PZ. 8) Where is this hideout located? Does it show up on the Pipboy?

@ Fragger, even without any mods, you can totally play this game like an FPS. Like FC2, you can slow it down a lot by simply exploring the huge envronment, and talking to the many NPC's that you encounter. it's from these conversations, that you get many quests. Finding a family member, collecting various objects for caps(cash) delivering messages, and yes killin...lots of killin. ;) Like FC2 you can also fast-travel from one destination to another, as long as you have previously visited that destination. Saves a lot of walking. Oh and speaking of saves, in the PC version, you can quicksave/load as well which is handy, believe me. :-X
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

PZ

@fragger - yes, I'd agree with Ricamundo - you can play the game according to your style.  While the plain vanilla game can be played like FC2 (kill everyone) it becomes a bit more immersive when you slow down to talk with people.  The bad thing for me was that once you killed the foes in an area, they would not re-spawn when you returned (i.e., you'd eventually kill everyone) - a mod took care of that and re-spawn is now part of my game.  You can also get mods to change the weapons physics to your liking (I downloaded a silent .308 sniper last night and the sound effects are great).  I'd say that for my gaming style, this is probably holds my interest the most.  I like all the other games that I've posted about, and return to just about all of them, but this one is becoming more interesting as I learn how to adjust it to my liking.  The hideout mod is just great.  As I mentioned in another post, the graphics are not nearly as good as FC2, but nice.

@Ricamundo - the opening is near Rivet City - in a lot with wrecked cars and planes - it shows up in PIP as the Underground (something).  You enter the portal and open the hatch leading down - there is a large locked vault door - the key is in a box behind you.  Once through the first door you enter a decontamination area and second door that opens smoothly.  I just found that there is a hidden switch just to the right as you enter the facility that leads to a long hall with mannequins that you can dress with the apparel you have collected - really cool to see your stuff on something else.  The coolest part is the armory - bars like a jail and a wall where you can store your weapons - there are dozens of shelves with any ammo, bomb, mini nuke, etc that you have at your disposal.  A workbench to create new things, and lots more that I'm just beginning to discover.  It sure was nice to teleport to the hideout and refresh myself.  Everything you need - food, water, sleep , medicine, weapons, ammo can be created/found/stored here.  When you leave you can close and lock the doors as well.

EDIT: to put some of the above into perspective for the FC2 fans that have not played Fallout 3 with this mod - here is a comparator list:

Item in FarCry 2          Item in Fallout 3
Safe house          Underground hideout
Cot where you sleep          Queen-sized bed in your room, and two guest rooms - you decide how long to sleep like in FC2
One health pack on the wall          Collect as many as you want and store them in your medicine cabinet
Ammo, fuel, grenade piles          Floor to ceiling shelves with all imaginable ammo types
Primary, secondary, tertiary storage crates          A complete armory - collect your weapons and display them on the walls of your locked armory - looks better than the FC2 armory and it is in your own safe house!
Nothing available          Subterranean spring water to drink and bathe
Nothing available          Ability to create chemical compounds and food
Nothing available          Mannequins to display different uniforms and armor you can wear
Nothing available          The ability to order and pay for new items that are delivered to the crate outside your hideout door
Nothing available          A personal teleporter - have not figured out this one yet
Nothing available          Grow (and harvest) hydroponic vegetables in your underground chamber

Talk about immersion - I've never encountered this level in any game I've ever played, and there's lots more - the above is what I discovered in 20 minutes of wandering around in my hideout.  In summary, my ideal game would be to have the FC2 beautiful graphics in a game engine like the modded versions of Fallout 3 - very impressive game.  :-X

Here is a short video:
[smg id=1638 type=av]

PZ

Here are a couple more screen captures of the hideout:

The entrance to your place neat Rivet City
[smg id=1642]

You can harvest the fruit on these trees
[smg id=1639]

The shelves containing ammo, bombs, grenades, and everything else you need to kill people
[smg id=1640]

This is the wall where your weapons are displayed - much like FC2
[smg id=1641]

Ricamundo

Very cool PZ. 8) 8) I did install the Hideout mod, but it isnt showing up in the data list along with the other mods i put in(.50 cal sniper, and the weapons vault @ Holden Armory in Fairfax.) BTW im stumped with that weapons vault, i have to use locked(very hard) terminal next to the vault door, and im crap with PW. Anyone know it?? >:(
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

PZ

Quote from: Ricamundo on November 09, 2009, 09:55:30 AM
Very cool PZ. 8) 8) I did install the Hideout mod, but it isnt showing up in the data list along with the other mods i put in(.50 cal sniper, and the weapons vault @ Holden Armory in Fairfax.) BTW im stumped with that weapons vault, i have to use locked(very hard) terminal next to the vault door, and im crap with PW. Anyone know it?? >:(

It could be an installation directory issue - you might check to be sure that you find the hideout mod file in xx\Fallout 3\data.  Also, I use the Fallout Mod Manager (FOMM) to make it easier to control and manage the mods.  The last step is to do the archive invalidation step recommended below.

Add the contents of this file into the C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Fallout 3\Data folder and overwrite all previous files. Activate the "UndergroundHidout" plug-in in FOMM or Data Files in the Fallout 3 Launch Screen.

---WARNING- If you are upgrading from v2.4 DLC or older to v3.0 DLC or newer, please remove the weapons from the DLC weapons walls and the T51B power armor. They will be lost in the update if you do not.

I recommend the installation and use of ArchiveInvalidation Invalidated to avoid any problems with textures.
http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=944

I don't know the password to the weapons vault - have not done that one yet.

Ricamundo

Its OK about the terminal pw, i fugured it out, so i now have some pretty impressive new toys. 8)

About the underground hideout, its located in the right folder, and it should w@&k, but its just not in the Data files window with all the other mods. ill have to look for that FOMM thingy.

Ricamundo

Ok i tried the FOMM thingy and the Underground hidout doesnt show there either, so ill try v3.0 the slightly older version.

fragger

:-X Thanks for the responses guys. I was in a game shop today and saw FO3, but then I spotted Modern Warfare2 and ended up getting that. Big mistake (see my post on MW2 in Other Games)

If I'd read your responses here first, I might have been happily gaming now with FO3 instead of fuming :D

Art Blade

You know, fragger, you could have read our responses here first, and you might have been happily gaming now with FO3 instead of fuming.

Aaaaaaaaaahhhrg sorrrrry  ;D ;D ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

Ricamundo

Quote from: fragger on November 10, 2009, 08:00:34 PM
:-X Thanks for the responses guys. I was in a game shop today and saw FO3, but then I spotted Modern Warfare2 and ended up getting that. Big mistake (see my post on MW2 in Other Games)

If I'd read your responses here first, I might have been happily gaming now with FO3 instead of fuming :D

Well fragger, Chrissy's coming..just drop a hinty hinty to your better half. ;)

PZ

Yes, especially since the price is so good - purchased my copy of the Game of the Year edition for $26 at a local retailer.

fragger

Quote from: Ricamundo on November 12, 2009, 04:50:36 AM
Well fragger, Chrissy's coming..just drop a hinty hinty to your better half. ;)

Good thinking, mate! Time to buy some flowers and bung on a candle-lit dinner ;D

Ricamundo

Quote from: PZ on November 12, 2009, 08:27:28 AM
Yes, especially since the price is so good - purchased my copy of the Game of the Year edition for $26 at a local retailer.

ARGH! When i bought mine just after rel of the GOTY, i paid $60 Cdn. >:(  Good old Canadian prices.... :D

PZ

I'm having fun trying out different mods.  Here are a few screenies of my adventure so far - nothing spectaculat, just fun:

Me and dogmeat swimming in the hidden part of Vault 101
[smg id=1658]

This is what my map looks like using the satellite map image
[smg id=1657]

That weird guy in Arefu
[smg id=1660]

Ricamundo

I tried to re visit Vault 101 but its locked and i need a key??? BTW now that ive seen the new look of that pipboy screen i want it!

Art Blade

Rica, that is a mod (too) where you get to visit the hidden part of 101. It's another "player's home" mod.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Ricamundo

Quote from: Art Blade on November 14, 2009, 04:31:50 AM
Rica, that is a mod (too) where you get to visit the hidden part of 101. It's another "player's home" mod.

Ahh ok, ill have to check that 1 out. Thx Art. ;)

Tags:
🡱 🡳