FO3 mods <index updated>

Started by deadman1, October 21, 2009, 12:19:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

RobCo Certified

RobCo Certified adds a new three-rank perk with the same name. With the perk, if you have a spare Fission Battery and some scrap metal you'll be given the option to repair any robot you destroy, turning them into a loyal ally who'll follow you anywhere. Each rank allows you to repair bigger and better robots to command. RobCo Certification is designed to allow non-combat sciency characters to be viable, letting them unleash a horde of robot minions against those who would threaten them.

RobCo Certified

PZ

Green World

Tired of the gray, desolate landscape?  This one may be for you - see lots of green foliage.

Green World

:-X :-X :-X :-X :-X
EDIT: I installed this mod on 11-09-09 and it has made the largest impact on the appearance of the game so far.  It has turned a landscape almost completely devoid of color into one that has some green trees, grasses, and other foliage.  FO3 appeared almost like a black/white movie before this; was desolate enough so that I actually appreciated seeing a few rusty things.  Now there is color! /PZ

Works great with Fellout mod /Art

PZ

SVD Dragunov

Adds a SVD Dragunov rifle to the game as well as a unique version called The People's Dragunov. It has been added to some of the loot lists and Talon Company's leveled lists. There is also one in minefield next to Arkansas's ammo stash. It uses .308 ammo unless you use the CALIBR version. The unique variant is hidden somewhere near a radio tower out in the wasteland. It can be repaired with other SVDs and Sniper Rifles.
[smg id=1650 type=av]

SVD Dragunov

Art Blade

I made this mod for my own amusement, but I gladly share it with you.
exclusively and free for members of OWG :)

new UPDATE!

The basic idea is to have one and a half perfect bodyguards, Charon and dogmeat.

Charon's own weapons modded. He'll be devastating when ordered to fight melee combat style. No more degrading of the modded weapons, and Charon now looks how I like him best:

Art Mod v.004 (Nov 21, 2009) <- download: click

[smg id=1668 align=center width=400]

so far, no problems known if used with other mods. Except if those mod Charon, dogmeat and Fawkes, then you might consider the load order using FOMM.

Brief mod summary:
(ArtBlade001, again, is the current file version)

- Dogmeat turns immortal once you call him "good boy"
- Fawkes is immortal
- Charon is immortal
- added a modified .44 scoped Magnum (pistol) sounds like a gun, looks like a laser...
- added a modified smg (about 5,000 rounds per minute...) Muzzle flash? More like a jet engine...
- Charon is a lot taller, and looks somewhat like DukeNukem3D (if you excuse, err, remove his wig and suit). He carries those two custom weapons that you can get from him by trading items with him.

Quote from: PZ on November 11, 2009, 01:16:49 PM
where might one look for Charon?

Just find the Undercity (inside the Museum of History). There you need to find The Ninth Circle (kind of ghoul club). Talk to the bartender... and if you're good at convincing people, you might cut a good deal, but you will be able to purchase Charon's contract -  whoever owns it will be Charon's master, or the other way round, Charon will follow whoever has the contract. :)

Here's me with Li in the back, and my (meanwhile differently dressed) version of Charon.
[smg id=1593 align=center width=400]
Charon will make a star ship trooper look like kid Tarzan in comparison  ;D

Release notes:

If you already have the older versions:

please replace it with ArtBlade001.esp (zip file ArtMod_v004) in your fo3 data folder. If for whatever reasons you lose items after the update, can't be much. Just the guns. You can get the guns again using the "additem" command (yes, I did finally check again how it works) -- see
this post in the cheats topic :)

There are two modded weapons. New in v003: they won't degrade any more. Also new (v004) Charon's own weapons modded, especially his knife. Try his melee combat style :)

Anyway, new in this mod is that Charon comes equipped with both weapons so you can fetch them from him. He keeps his own old shotgun, though. He will also be carrying ammo (.44 magnum) which is used for both of my weapons.

The good thing is, my weapons are magic... They have ZERO weight... very useful... and once you have enough ammo to fill them up (you need to load them with .44magnum ammo) they will fire without using up any of the ammo LOL. Oh, the pistol has an advanced scope (you can see much farther with it than with a regular scoped magnum).

Once you meet Charon AND get his contract (making him your buddy) you can trade items with him, give him clothes or armour of your liking (New: Charon now wears Tenpenny's suit and Button Gwinett's wig. His own weapons are brutal now, especially his combat knife) and take one or both of my weapons and 50 rounds of ammo from him.

Then you can test them, keep them, or return one or both to him. He'll be a bloody tank with any of those weapons hehehe. And I have to admit, those weapons are planet killers. 1,000 hitpoints for each pistol round, and about 5,000 damage points per second for the MP...

The moments before you gain a cool new buddy...
[smg id=1594 align=center width=400]

The mod has a mini description (you can see it in GECK or FOMM):

Quotenew ArtBlade .44 Pistol ID 0x003d31- OK
new ArtBlade .44 ultra MP ID 0x004a7e

The ID codes you see is what you need if you want to place them into your inventory, but the starting two digits (01) may change depending on what ever else mods you have. Those ESP files tend to w@&k like 00 game file (standard), 02 esp with latest file date, 03 second youngest esp and so on. So, if you modify an ESP, it will come first after the game file, and thus shifting the 02,03,04 etc starting digits down. If my mod were the third file by age, you'd have to add an item ID with 04xxx and so on. Best you use FOMM and check the mod# there :)

Enjoy :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on November 10, 2009, 05:40:08 PM
Hmm, a mod post without my mod?... needs to be fixed...

ArtMod here on OWG :)

Oh dear, splitting the one original "other games" fo3-topic into several topics screwed up all my interlinks quite badly, I'll fix them tomorrow (bed time now).
Quoted by PZ before the quoted post was edited /Art

Download ArtMod 2
http://openworldgames.org/owg/forums/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=110

info descriptions
http://openworldgames.org/owg/forums/index.php?topic=1152.50
http://openworldgames.org/owg/forums/index.php?topic=1127.msg16732#msg16732

Yours was the first mod I tried and is what prompted me to get more  ;D

I didn't even think about the internal links to the posts - my apologies that it has created extra w@&k - I guess that is why it will be important to create new boards as soon as there is interest in a game.  Keep it in mind everyone - if you have a game that you want to talk about, forward your request and we'll install a new board - takes only a couple of minutes and is well worth it if it helps prevent issues like this.  :-X

PZ

Artorps Zooming Scoped Weapons

You can zoom your scoped weapons in and out using your mouse wheel.

Artorps Zooming Scoped Weapons

:-X
EDIT: a nice mod that allows you to use your mouse wheel to zoom in and out using your scoped weapon.

PZ

Enhanced Night Sky

This mod creates a night time sky that is full of stars, and has a beautiful moon.

Enhanced Night Sky

EDIT: Installed this one on 11-09-09 and it works like you would expect it to - the moon has always been beautiful in the game, but now the stars and general appearance of the sky has been significantly improved.

PZ

Better Living Through Chems

This mod adds several dozen fictional and real-world alcoholic drinks and chems, many with unique effects, to all chem and liquor related leveled lists of Fallout 3. So, they spawn everywhere the vanilla chems do, and in locations appropriate to the chem in question.

Chems affect the body and the mind. Like all good things, too much is bad.
Some of these chemicals can be used to fill empty syringes, or Dart Gun toxin feeds, to be unleashed upon your enemies. Others may be used to fill up empty hypos left over from Stimpak use. They can help save your life or help end another's.

Alternatively, you can sell them - chemical assistance is in high demand by the suffering remains of humanity. Maybe you'll just keep them, and use them to help you save the world... or destroy it. Maybe you'll just have fun with them. Be warned, addiction and death may await the unwary.

Where to find these spawns of modern medicine? Good old Doc Church won't sell you cocaine, but he'll sell you some Coldturkene to cure your habit. You'll have to get your buzz from a dealer.

Unlike a Pre-War street drug, these chems are often medical grade and very pure. After the bombs fell, the street trade withered, but more than enough chems survived in hospitals, pharmacies and laboratories for the survivors to scavenge and make use of them for ages.

Better Living Through Chems

PZ

MTC Wasteland Travellers

Wasteland are forgotten lands, but really they are to much empty. Why citizens stay forever in their own cities? And Why you're the only one that explore the wasteland?

This mod aim to create a more credible wasteland, adding NPCs which travel between cities, engage battles, living an dying in the wasteland. Wasteland and cities become more alive, removing the feel that the wastes are there only for the player.
All the aspects of the mod are fully configurable.

MTC Wasteland Travellers

:-X :-X :-X

EDIT: Installed this one on 11-09-09 and instantly the game became more alive.  Open your PIP and configure the spawn rate, the density of NPSs you'd like to see, and more.  Fallout 3 without this mod is like Farcry 2 - you're mostly alone except for hostiles, and the few "buddies" you meet along the way.  Imagine FarCry 2 in which you had native dwellers wandering the roads who can get involved in your battles, might be hostile to you (or friendly).  I had one even pick my pocket when he bumped into me!  (We got into a fight over that incident  ;D) / PZ

The mod contains an optional mod, both may be used together. The main mod populates the world outside cities, the optional mod inside cities./ Art

The crowded cities optional mod replaces some descriptions, like instead of "Door to Rivet City Market" you get an Italian description so I read "Door to mercato di rivet city" /Art
Quote[V2.1]

* "Wasteland" not localized Again (I've forget to translate it in the optional files)

PZ

Amplified Crippled Effects

New from Vault-Tec, Amplified Crippled Effects, or ACE, works towards making crippling limbs a very viable thing to do in combat.
Cripple an enemies legs, and they slow to a crawl. Cripple the arms, and their aim goes way off. Cripple the head to reduce their aim by
half blinding them. Cripple the torso, and their strength and endurance drop sharply, the enemy stumbles when you hit their already broken ribs and pound their guts.

Amplified Crippled Effects

PZ

Destroyable Environments

In a nut shell this is what this mod does, it essentially gives objects a health value. As you shoot the object and it reaches a certain health percentage it will change its looks, explode, or even both. This will help in creating a destroyable environment.

The overall feel for this mod that I'm going for is a very good immersion experience to help provide more realism and entertainment to the Fallout 3 environment.

Most of the time you will not even be able to notice that this mod is working. That's the way I want it. Overall the experience you get from this mod is better combat and more realistic combat that you will be able to better strategize in. It's cool too now be able to kill a raider by shooting the Nuka-Cola vending machine right beside him and have it blow him to pieces. Or to even drop a fission battery on a nearby table and wait for a super-mutant to walk by and have it blow off his arm after only shooting the battery once. Not to mention just being able to see more explosions.

This now will introduce a brand new aspect into the fallout world. You can now turn off of the lights, with your weapons that is. You can now shoot out lights and make the world a little darker. Perfect for all of you stealthy guys out there wanting to sneak up on some raiders. Even sneak through the enclave lines if you so choose. Make sure you keep a silenced pistol with you at all times.

Destroyable Environments

Ricamundo

Wow, i cant keep up with all these mods. ;D I have the xtra 12 weapons, the .50 cal sniper(awesome) the Dragononv, for that right at FC2 home feel, the underground hideout(even with the fix, i still have texture isues, doh!) and the starry night sky(havent tried that 1 yet) Im a lil aprehensive to try too many more for now. ;)
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

PZ

I know what you mean, but using FOMM has eased my mind a bit (that and another guy who said that he uses FOMM to load 60-80 mods routinely).  It allows you to easily control which mods are added into the game.  By the way, any mod you see listed with a green edited comment is one that I've tried out and is working properly with all of the other mods I've tried.  I'll comment on anything that I've found to be conflicting.

PZ

BuildableBotsV0-3a

This mod adds a new room to the Robot Repair Centre near canterberry commons, containing the equipment required to build your own robots.

Building robots requires parts that can be scavenged off robots you find and kill in the wasteland. Certain junk objects can be modified via your robot workbench into useable robotic components (such as conductors).

Once built, each robot has the basic functionality of a companion NPC - they can be told to follow, wait, or patrol the area.

BuildableBotsV0-3a

PZ

Drivable Motorcycle

Adds motorcycles to the Wasteland for you to repair, cruise around on and upgrade and pimp with weapons, awesome textures and crazy inventions. - "Nothing is better than first cripple a raider with your dual miniguns then crush his skull under your wheel!"  Now at last we have wheels  ;D

DRIVING INSTRUCTIONS:
==============================================================

• Drive with WASD or whatever you have chosen as up/down/left/right.
  • Use Jump (Space) for turbo boost.
  • Use Use-key (E) to get out.
  • Z for toggle light.
  • H for toggle free camera / steer with mouse.
  • Fire weapons with left mouse button.
  • Turn weapons with right mouse button.
Drivable Motorcycle
[smg id=1652 type=av]

Art Blade

just a sidenote, PZ, I fixed all broken links to and from my mod, including cheats topic and download section. The broken links only result if you split a topic and then split the remnants again, causing multiple topics. It doesn't happen if you split only once. :)

For those of you who missed it, I have created some space for my own mod here ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Thanks Art, and I can vouch for how cool it is - I always have it loaded when I play (just can't stand the thought of losing my dog  ;D)

EDIT: where might one look for Charon?

Art Blade

Thanks, PZ :) No conflicts, I hope :)

Just find the Undercity (inside the Museum of History). There you need to find The Ninth Circle (kind of ghoul club). Talk to the bartender... and if you're good at convincing people, you might cut a good deal, but you will be able to purchase Charon's contract -  whoever owns it will be Charon's master, or the other way round, Charon will follow whoever has the contract. :)

PZ

Sharing and Caring Companions

The SCC master file allows you to easily recruit any NPC you can open dialogue with. Recruited companions will follow, sneak and fight alongside you. Sharing and Caring Companions also allows you to trade with your friends and give them simple orders like 'wait' and 'dismiss'.

Sharing and Caring Companions

:-X :-X
EDIT: Installed this on 11-09-09 and it works flawlessly.  You can go to just about everyone in the FO3 world and induct them into being a follower.  I was able to recruit several of the Tenpenny Tower residents (the ones that usually only utter the Stepford wives lines) into actually doing things for me.  I was even able to recruit one of the security guards at Rivet City into following me and acting as my body guard.  This one greatly increases the number of companions you can recruit (I wonder how large I can grow my "army"  ;D )

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on November 11, 2009, 01:44:44 PM

Thanks Art, just what I needed to get started!  ;)  (Man, this game has depth)

Art Blade

hehehe,

here a tip for Charon with my mod:

As long as Charon uses the modified weapons, they won't degrade. Maybe give him the smg

Oh, could you please rate my mod as causing troubles or not causing troubles with other mods?

PZ

I load your mod with every play and have never found it to conflict with any mod I've tried, and works exactly as you advertised.  In fact, I guess that I must sail under lucky stars because all of the mods I've installed have worked just fine  :-X

Ricamundo

Just installed a couple more mods. The fellout thingy is in but im not sure what difference there is yet, as its overcast, and im in the middle of DC atm. I did also install the starry night mod, and i think i saw some earlier when i poked my head out the door of the Museum of History.

I found Charon, and talked to his owner whazzizname, and bought him, although im not crazy about buddies, i figure he can carry the extra gear that i scavenge till i can sell it on. :-X

I also found Art's guns on Charon, so i swapped them for some other weapons, because i wanted to try them. Art that smg is awesome! What a ROF! Found a pack of Mutants just outside the museum, and we took care of them pdq, ill tell ya. 8)

So far no issues, although unfortunately, the Underground Hideout still has texture problems, but it does w@&k ok. FYI, if you install the Dragonov mod, make sure you only have one or the other guns activated, or FO3 wont start! ::) I doubt if ill keep that one anyways, as the Dragonov doesnt have nearly the punch that the wonderful .50 cal sniper does. I wish i could repair it. That, and other unique weapons will eventually degrade.
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

PZ

I'm not sure about fellout either, but I'm going to peruse the documentation a bit more to see if there is a more dramatic change that is possible - I recall several different themes when I first examined the mod.  You might consider Green World as it adds a wonderful splash of plant greenery.

I agree about the Dragunov - reminiscent of FC2, but that .50 sniper is devastating in comparison.

Strange about the hideout - I've not had any issues with it at all - you have FOMM and FOSE installed and are starting the game using FOSE?  (It does make a difference how you start the game evidently)

PZ

TheOutbreaks Wasteland Moods Series

This mod features several different themes which you
can use to customize the look of the Fallout 3 outdoor
environments.

TheOutbreaks Wasteland Moods Series

Tags:
🡱 🡳