Beyond the payoff at the refugee camp

Started by seasalt, April 08, 2010, 05:41:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seasalt

Dunno if anyone else tries  this.

Sometimes I try to climb places you shouldn't be able to get to. I got in beyond the end hut, which is an interesting spot.

Basically you climb the rocks to the right of the path, follow the face around right, and end up with the token group waiting to leave the country.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Prison Buddy: Has been taken to another underground cell, is still alive, and can be rescued. Go upstairs to the jail yard, and the entrance to the cells where your buddy is now held is half way along the corridor near the available guns that expose you to the courtyard. You go downstairs and through corridors following blood. The only benefit appears to be "enhanced reputation". Go down the steps and follow the blood on the floor. Kill guards, rescue buddy.

If you go down to this cell just before the Jackal meeting, when you come back up, you'll have a gun, but it will not fire within the prison.

edit: downsized the pics /Art

PZ

Although I have tried all sorts of places that I shouldn't be able to get to, this is one I've missed - nice find  :-X

Welcome to OWG  ;)

eor123

Nice find.

I have always wondered if there was something weird in that area.
"Seriously...f@#k it. This place is like an airplane with the engines falling off. The pilots are too busy choking each other to see there is a problem. "  -- Marty Alencar

Art Blade

Welcome to OWG, seasalt :)

Nice finds. Although I reckon some of us know that the "prison buddy" can be rescued (indeed, you don't get any benefit worth mentioning), to my knowledge only our venerable member Dweller_Benthos had managed to get behind the fence in the endgame, and he used a trainer for it. I tried to get there myself, without a trainer, and never managed to find a way.

Well done, matey  ;D :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mandru

Very nice find of that area beyond the crossing fence seasalt.  :-X  :-X  :-X

I've spent 20 or 30 minutes trying to accomplish that very trick but had given up.  Now I'm going to have to give it another go.  ;D
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

fragger

Nice find re: the refugee camp, seasalt :-X It never even occurred to me to try that. Cool - another new thing to check out. The surprises never seem to end with this game!

And welcome to OWG! Hope you have a great time here :)

And I just have to say it - it's good to hear from another Aussie at last ;D

seasalt

Climb the nose of the rock. The final diamond case path and meeting place is around that to the left.

You walk along that on left to above where path turns in, climb the knife edge of the rock on right where the ledge runs out, up and over. Really hard to hit the sweet spot, but can be done.

Looking back down once it's managed.

Keep following round. If you go alongside the hut you will hit the invisible walls. When you come to the rock where you can go left or right, go right, and use the W and S to traverse where no footing evident. Even when you do get on the ledge in front of where people are waiting, you still have to go further over before you can walk in to where they are, including Reuben.

I think this is that spot where you can go right, hugging the rock/cliff face.

Nearly there. Just keep going across the front till invisible walls stop.

Made it!

edit: downsized pics so they fit into the board /Art

Dweller_Benthos

Yep, that's a pretty good trick, I never bothered to look if there was a way to do it without the trainer, I take essentailly the same route, just using the high jump. Here's a video I took of my adventures beyond the border:

[smg id=332 type=av align=center]

"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

Thanks for the walkthrough, seasalt :)

And yeah, D_B  ;D Love that vid  :) :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

seasalt

mandru

- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

eor123

Those refugees are tough.

They'll be okay.  ;D
"Seriously...f@#k it. This place is like an airplane with the engines falling off. The pilots are too busy choking each other to see there is a problem. "  -- Marty Alencar

PZ

Truly unique avatar, eor123  :-X

Great job with the end-of-game special feature walk-through

JRD

Indeed... nice find seasalt  :-X

And great avatar eor123...  :-X
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

fragger

Art Blade

wexer9

Wow, this is a pretty cool find, I gotta try this sometime.

Tags:
🡱 🡳