Campaigns

Started by PZ, August 06, 2009, 09:30:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

This is a good place to post campaigns that will w@&k with ARMA2.

PZ

Fedain - functions in ARMA2
Here's what appears to be an excellent campaign from ARMA1 that works with ARMA2.  The campaign includes 5 missions, and uses the Sahrani ARMA1 map:

Description:
--------------
Being short of hydrocarbon resources, the U.S. government decided to occupy an independent country, Oilland, to get access to its oil wells. The people of Oilland unified in fight against the aggressor...

Check out this photo - reminds me of FC2
[smg id=1130]

Download Fedain

EDIT: the campaign instructions inform you to place the .pbo into your Campaigns folder.  I don't know about you, but I didn't have a Campaign folder until I created one (off the ARMA2 folder).  When I copied the fedain.pbo into the newly-created campaign folder, it appeared in the campaigns when I started the game.

RedRaven

Looks good but it doesnt seem to want to go futher than menu screen :( .

also when ever attempting to play ADCS i get this message
"You cannot play/edit this mission;it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.sara "

anyone else had this or know how to fix it ? all files in the download are there, nothing has been deleted.
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

PZ

Did you do that huge (2 mb compressed) download/install of Sahrani, Porto, and other maps that gvse recommended?  This campaign depends on that install.  One thing I'd recommend is to use the downloader that is available on the site.  It is actually an installer that properly decompresses the files and puts them in the correct folder structure.  Plus, it gives you any error messages regarding to download/install.

If you don't have it or if you think it might be a corrupt install, here is the link to gvse's initial post for quick reference.

http://openworldgames.org/owg/forums/index.php?topic=913.msg12113#msg12113

RedRaven

cant recal its origins, but may of taken short cuts :-\ . (to be honest my memory isnt that good so probably forgot had been told about that...soz)

have looked into using that installer but my game is not on same system as this and it doesnt seem to like not having an EXE location for arma2..... but will figure something out with a USB modem if needs be.
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

PZ

Here's a cool tip - you don't need to do the download on the computer with ARMA2 installed.  You can take some kind of portable media to a PC with fast Internet connection and follow these steps. (you need portable media like a flash drive with at least 4gb storage for transport (a regular USB HD would be faster).

• Create a folder called ARMA2 on your storage media.
  • When the installer asks you to input your ARMA2 installation folder, use this folder.
  • Have the installer do it's thing - it will create a folder called "x" on your media and "install" all of the files in it.  The installer gives feedback about successes or failures.  The structure will look something like drive:\Arma2\x\....
  • Go home and copy folder "x" into your ARMA2 folder on your ARMA2 computer
  • Use the -mod command line parameter supplied on the mod site to start the game
  • See the new maps listed along with Utes and Chernarus.
An added benefit - the maps are tons faster than Utes of Chernarus.  You'll experience a significant performance increase.

Good luck - it is simple and you'll appreciate ARMA2 like never before.   :-X

PZ

SP Mission: Sahrani Cops M02 - Hostage rescue

This is episode 2 of the S.C series. You must free hostages held by terrorists.  I enjoy the Sahrani map more than the "stock" map that is packaged with A2.  If performance is an issue, Sahrani, Porto, and the others in the map package are definitely worth looking at.  Although the mission requires the following addons, it looks interesting.

- 2005 Ford Crown Victoria P71 and P72 Police Interceptors
- SWAT Units (binarized)
- Taliban pack

Download Sahrani Cops

Tags:
🡱 🡳