THE BEST GAME IN THE WORLD EVAH!!! Saints Row 3

Started by Fiach, July 01, 2011, 12:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fiach

Mostly known as GTA's cheeky kid brother, the sand box game, Saints Row has finally come of age, with its current iteration, due out 15/11/2011, So, if your significant other doesnt get you a purple dildo for christmas, this is the game for you :)

You may have to sign in to Youtube to watch this trailer, due to age restrictions. Enjoy :)

Saints Row the Third Open World Gameplay Walkthrough [HD]
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

mmosu

I'm not even sure where to begin with that  :o  It's an unbridled, testosterone-fueled playground of epic proportions!!  ???

Art Blade

As long as the vid stays embedded while watching, I can watch it without registering. Once I click it in a way YT pops up, I see the refusal message there. So I watched it embedded.. Cool, hehe  :)

Whoa. Mindless bashing, head-banging and dildo-slapping innocent pedestrians. Shooting people across the city or at large chimneys after having sucked them into that cannon first.. nice red mark they leave on the bricks when they hit. >:D

Not sure if that is enough to keep up one's interest for long. ????
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Fiach

Ummm... theres a story too Art lol :D  :-X >:D

RedRaven

well I know what I want for Xmas. Apocafist has just made it to the top of my list.
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Art Blade

Quote from: Fiach on July 01, 2011, 12:50:48 PM
Ummm... theres a story too Art lol :D  :-X >:D

That made me chuckle, then  :-()
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Ricamundo

Hilarious to watch, but honestly i cant see any replay value at all. Does the AI ever fight back? They just stand there or run straight ahead. What is the goal or main mission?
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

JRD

It looks cool and all but I agree with Art and Rica... what's the point in all that mayhem? Is there a story to keep you playing?

It clearly follows the GTA line but in GTA the story is one of the strongest points. Your character goes into an odissey throughout the game reaching many climax points in all chapters of the franchise I played. The violence and car theft, bank robbering and killing spree is just a consequence, not a purpose.

It seems to me that they took what GTA had best and dumbed it down putting violence as a main objective regardless of the story.  ????

Don't take me bad Fiach, I respect your opinion and I'm not trying to rain on your parade with my comments, but it seems quite a silly game to me.
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Fiach

No offence taken guys :)

Yes, there is a story, that was just one of the developers showing some of the games features and some of the more outlandish moments, hence no reaction from bystanders, it was just a showcase.

Its the third game in the series and yes, its VERY like GTA. Basically the series follows the trials and tribulations of a gang called The Saints as they (in each game) take over a city. Usually there are three gangs, Saints being one of them, as you play the game, you do missions to take over "turf" from the other gangs, to build your empire, but the gangs fight back too, so its not just a one way street.

From what you guys are saying, I'm guessing that you havent heard much about the series before, well most reviewers tend to describe it as GTA, but much more fun to play, each game would score maybe 8+/10 in reviews from magazines.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to it :)

mandru

Uhh...

Naked mode combined with trashing a city in the VTOL jet may violate some of my parole conditions.   ::)
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Fiach

Quote from: mandru  on July 05, 2011, 10:23:05 PM
Uhh...

Naked mode combined with trashing a city in the VTOL jet may violate some of my parole conditions.   ::)

May?.... May?.... I'm not even in jail and they would violate MY parole conditions! :)

mmosu

^+-+

I think just watching the video violated mine!

JRD

Quote from: Fiach on July 06, 2011, 12:27:57 AM
Quote from: mandru  on July 05, 2011, 10:23:05 PM
Uhh...

May?.... May?.... I'm not even in jail and they would violate MY parole conditions! :)

They would NEVER take me to jail if I`m on a VTOL... specially if I`m naked  ;D

Fiach

^+-+ >:D

I dunno which is worse, getting assaulted by a purple dildo, or imagining JRD naked  :o 8-X

JRD

Quote from: Fiach on July 06, 2011, 06:28:44 AM
^+-+ >:D

I dunno which is worse, getting assaulted by a purple dildo, or imagining JRD naked  :o 8-X

... flying a VTOL, mate, don`t forget it!  ;D

mandru

Only if that VTOL's Wonder Woman's invisible jet would you be considered naked before landing.   ????
- mandru

Fiach

Mandru.... you put a bit too much thought into that....... I'm getting a bit worried now lol :)

mandru

I just worry a lot about repeating stupid old mistakes.   ;)
- mandru

Art Blade

Just another day in any random asylum and you'll get used to slapping people with purple dildos without worrying too much any more about all that.  :-D

JRD

Quote from: mandru  on July 06, 2011, 09:07:35 AM
I just worry a lot about repeating stupid old mistakes.   ;)

Like flying naked in Wonder Woman`s invisible VTOL?

Have you done that before?  ????

mandru

^+-+

No, fortunately it wasn't that VTOL.   >:D
- mandru

mmosu

Wow, just reading the conversation this has produced makes me worried what would be going on if all of us actually had our hands on the game!  ^+-+

Art Blade

there would be a lot of slapping hands going on, "MINE!"  :-D

Binnatics

After reading most of the topic and watching the trailer, I'd like to make a few comments.

I think I can have an awful lot of fun in this game, it looks shiny and userfriendly and the stuff they show is funny and seamingly easy to do. But...

In the first place, it seems that they try to make a parody of the game where they got their whole idea from; GTA. I agree with the fact that GTA has normally a good, solid storyline which makes the game accessible throughout the campaign. I think it's not completely fair to make a parody of a game where you had your major ideas from in the first place. Saints Row 1 and 2 were practically copies of the earlier GTA versions, and might have been only competing the original with better looking graphics.

Second, the original stuff shown in the video like the pink dildo, the tank, the superyet, the hookers, the dancing, the fighting, the gimpsuit and other clothing, have all been done in earlier GTA versions. Especially San Andreas had loads of these funny things.
Only the giant fists and the "people-launching-canoncar" look original to me. They seem to make these attributes more commonly accessible through the gameplay and they seem to have maxed out the smoothness of all these features.

One of the most important parts of the original GTA formula was, imho, the free roaming ability: Walking or driving through the city while destroying or violating whatever you wanted. It's still a big part of the game in the latest version, GTA IV. But it has allways been just a part of it. Besides there was the solid storyline and a huge variety of missions involving shooting, driving, searching, flying, cycling, swimming and whatever you could imagine in a free openworld city or even countryside. 
Amongst evolving the game through various versions they built their own GTA cities with all the funny and typical content. They somehow created their own world, well known and adored by the GTA-junkies.
This new Saint's Row game seems to highlight this free roaming ability and max it out as far as possible. What they forget is that it ain't so original, and that it is not a stand-alone formula. I think they try to 'win' a battle against their great idol, without having really understood what was the main succes of the game.

Having said that, I think I will get the game on some special offer, or so. It DOES look cool to play and I'm sure it will entertain me. It just hasn't that typical... GTA feeling in it  ^-^
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

mandru

One of the GTA episodes had the "Hot Coffee" scandal that was connected to it.

I remember weeks on end of screeching and complaining in the news from different government officials and parental groups and yet this game will probably slip right through with little notice from any of them.  Most likely because it's so tame compared to some of the scenes I've encountered from Kratos God of War and others like it that have stretched the envelope so far out of shape it can't really be called an envelope any more.

We've come a long way, right?   ::)
- mandru

Tags:
🡱 🡳