Crysis 2; first impressions

Started by Binnatics, April 04, 2011, 04:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fragger

Cheers, Binnatics :) Not sure what it is about HL2, it just seems to stand out somehow as a linear shooter. Immersion value, maybe.

Heh - this topic started out about the Crysis games and has wound up with us singing the praises of FC2 yet again, so that gives you an idea of how much the game means to us :-()

deadman1

I agree about HL2, it´s a corridorshooter that doesn´t feellike a corridorshooter. When I play other games such as COD or MOH, I can really feel how limited they are in lateral space. I have never got that feeling when playing HL2, the fact is that some of Hl2:s "corridors" are large enough to give you a sence of "semi-openworld".

Binnatics

It's been almost a year after buying this game, and I left it on a shelf for quite a long time. Today I picked it up again. Did most of the missions I did last time (not too much) and it seems that I've succesfully installed DX11 for it, and the high textures pack. I'll check out how it works out, finally ;)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Binnatics

Some DX11 screenies:

[smg id=4097]

[smg id=4098]

[smg id=4099]

[smg id=4100]

[smg id=4101]

The big difference tat DX11 gives is the detail. A pile of dust and garbage normally looks like some piramids with textures on it; with DX11 it starts to look real. Or a brick wall; no longer sharp edges, but natural, real brick edges and groves visible. I didn't try to show these details since you'll really see the difference one the images move.
I've noticed a slight framerate drop when using these high res. textures and DX11 enabled, so I prefer to play without it in this case. 
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

PZ

That is amazing detail - the truck particularly looks like a photo of a real truck.  :-X

Tags:
🡱 🡳