R.U.S.E (beta)

Started by RedRaven, November 27, 2009, 05:09:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedRaven

That's on the top of my list, along with a mate's copy of FC2 & FUEL ;D
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

RedRaven

RUSE finally came out a couplke of weeks ago (so much for the Q1 release Ubi originally had!).

After taking part in the Beta on the PC I was looking forward to the full release. Due to my gaming rig having rendered its last pixel and passed to the other side I ended up getting it for the PS3.

As some of you may know my PS3 controller skills are somewhat underdeveloped compared to the good old mouse & keyboard combo of a PC. When it comes to FPS its like being a completed novice. All this left me a little apprehensive about trying to play an RTS, expecting regular failure and death.

In the beta the only game options open were 2vs2 and 4vs4 so the first game I played was a simple Player vs AI in order to get aquainted with the controls before moving on to the first couple of campaign missions. And I am pleased to be able to report that it is still a brilliant game.

Contrary to my expectations I found the interface with the PS3 controller easier to use than a PC. Nice and easy, intuative and well layed out.

The first stages of the campaign also act as a tutorial with some nicely done split screen / cut scene sections. Not played far into it yet so will save further coments until I,m deeper into it and able to report more.

Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

JRD

Looking forward to it, Red.

Real Time Strategies and Turn Based Strategies seems to be finding their way to OWG lately  ;)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

Indeed - I look forward to reading of other's experiences in the games they enjoy.  It does seem like there is much more than "open world games" going on at OWG

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Jim di Griz

I only played the PS3 demo back last year as I really liked the look of the game. I didn't go for the game though as I was somehow disappointed at the inclusion of an artillery nuke - I suppose I was expecting a more realistic WWII strategy game. Nonetheless it was very impressive, especially the zoom-in/out ability and fine graphics.

Another thing I found a bit irritating (but I suppose that might be me not being familiar with RTS games) was the apparent punishment for not advancing acording to what the game perceived of as 'the correct way'. Like I say, more than likely just me trying to prove that my tactics could win the day...when in fact I'd probably just get everyone killed  ;)

Is there anything more to report on the full game?
Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer  - Major Holdridge
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

PZ

I haven't played the game, but am looking at it for a potential acquisition.  My current problem is not enough time, and when the time issue resolves, it will likely be in the fall when FC3, AC3, and a couple of others come out that I definitely want to immerse into.  ;)

Tags:
🡱 🡳