Modding downloads

Started by PZ, March 06, 2012, 09:03:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

I thought we might start a collection of xml downloads that members can use to more easily mod their game.  Some of us are quite experienced with working deep into files and disc structure while others are more novice.  This list of mods should give everyone the chance to apply mods to the PC version of FC2.

Here's a quick one I put together a while ago - not really great, but is fun for me when I want an overwhelming firepower advantage.  I actually put it together more to see if I could make it w@&k.  :-()

The 6P9, MP5, and dart are maxed out with power and accuracy.  All weapons and manuals cost one diamond each, and all are available right from the start.

Download

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

nexor

Excellent idea PZ   :-X  :-()

Diwas Amatya

Do you just extract the files to your main folder or what? How does this w@&k. I recently downloaded the Far Cry 2 rewards mod from "moddb". All you had to do was extract it to your far cry 2 folder and replace the patch.dat/fat files. Here it is http://www.moddb.com/mods/far-cry-2-rewards

PZ

What exactly is the contents of the file?  xml?

nexor

Quote from: nepdyse on March 07, 2012, 07:52:26 AM
Do you just extract the files to your main folder or what? How does this w@&k.

I think he was asking about your download PZ

PZ

Ah, I see....

Here's the short answer - we did not compile individual patch.dat files, but instead made gamemodesconfig.xml files that members can use to create their own patches - you simply copy it into the proper folder in your mod creation area and build the patch.  I don't know how far you are in to modding, but below is how to get started (if you haven't already):

The first thing to do is install gibbed's tools - here is an article.

Here's the knowledge base article on how to change parameters in gamemodesconfig.xml

Tags:
🡱 🡳