Mods: Fallout New Vegas

Started by PZ, October 20, 2010, 09:34:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Underground Hideout

Well, here it is at last - my favorite mod from FO3 has been recreated for FNV!

Spoiler
-Underground Hideout New Vegas

-------WARNING-------

IF you are updating from V1.6 or older to V1.9, exit the Display room before updating. That is all...

-------Description-------

This Mod adds a Player Vault on the the Wasteland near Spring Mt. Ranch State Park. The vault includes all the ammonites including a Armory, ammo Sorters, Weapons wall, water purifier, book shelf, grow area, and is Companion Friendly

-------Location-------

The entrance is located West of Spring Mt. Ranch State Park next to a boulder and pond. Check your map for the exact location.

-------Installation-------

Unzip the folder and copy the "UHNV.esp" and the "UHNV.bsa" files to the fallout new vegas data folder

-------Uninstall-------

Uncheck and Delete the Plug in File named "UHNV.esp" from the Data folder. Delete the BSA file name "UHNV.bsa".

PZ

A World Of Pain

Adds 35 intense locations to the wasteland filled with enemies and loot. They vary from small Gas Stations to huge maze-like sewers and derelict factories. Adds several hours of new gameplay possibilities. Also adds many modified weapons, armors and items to the game with enhanced stats to help and hinder you throughout.
Everything has been done using vanilla content at this stage so the filsesize should still be tiny. This is just a taste of things to come released for feedback purposes. That said everything is complete and navmeshed and there should be no gaps or unfinished interiors.
No quests or notes as of yet but there is a big quest on the plans. At the moment it's just a fight and loot mod but that's the most fun part anyway right?

Spoiler
The following locations have been added:
2x Abandoned Goodsprings Shacks
2x Cottonwood Overlook Shacks.
Abandoned Gas Station
Abandoned Military Facility
Ant Caves
Bonnie Springs Sewer
Canyon Station
Clark Field Reservoir
Devil's Gullet Cave
Drainage Chamber
Emergency Railyard Station
Fiend House
Frankie's Guns & Ammo
Goodsprings Sewer
Infested NCR Bunker
Ivanpah Maintenance Tunnels
Jean Sky Diving Bomb Shelter
Junction 15 Station
Nipton Road Gas Station
Pit Stop Bomb Shelter
Primm Sewer
Quarry Junction Break Room
Radiological Research Facility
Searchlight Bomb Shelter
Searchlight Sewer
Spring Mount Underground Station
Spring Mount Visitors Centre
Summer Springs Boarding House
Sunnytime Cigarettes HQ
Toxic Caves
Vault 40
Vault 41
Viper's Lair

Requirements:
None apart from one change to the Fallout.ini file in order to display the NPCs faces correctly.
Open the file Fallout.ini which should be found in My Documents/My Games/FalloutNV
Search for the line
bLoadFaceGenHeadEGTFiles=0
and change it to
bLoadFaceGenHeadEGTFiles=1
Without this all NPCs faces appear in default skin colour. Apart from this there are no requirements and the mod should run anyway.

Still to come:
Many more locations still to come, especially in the north and northeast of the wasteland which is yet to be altered.
Notes and terminals explaining the history of many locations (especially vaults 40 & 41).
New weapons (select firearms and armors, most likely from other peoples MODs)
Main quest involving retrieving lost and stolen holodiscs for a ghoul musician featuring original music made by myself with the aim creating a new radio station. The ghoul, Roach, will have adapted the advanced computer technology around him to create a new genre of music, known as 'Freetech'. A sound known to have scared away giant radscorpions when played loud enough.
Over the years Roach has even built up a large fanbase, some of whom will dwell in an underground city and live in peace. Others, known as 'Tech Raiders', are devoted to acquiring technology at any price and have adopted 'Freetech' as their official sound. Roach will assign you the task of re-acquiring many lost holodiscs scattered throughout the wasteland with unique rewards.
About half of the current interiors have relied heavily upon changing existing areas around (mostly as a time saving device) however, as I have grown accustomed to the interior kits expect to be confronted with much less familiar territory.

Bugs:
Exiting the Ant Caves to the wasteland seems to result in an unshakable graphics blur bug which I can't seem to solve. To get around this access to the wasteland from within the caves has been blocked though you can still get in from the outside.

Conflicts:
Changes to the exterior wasteland have been kept to an absolute minimum, mostly to avoid conflicts but also to avoid heavily changing the exterior navmesh which can be very awkward at times. As a result conflicts should be minimal. Goodsprings has been changed slightly so anything that alters certain Goodsprings interiors will conflict. The same with certain Stations, shacks etc... I don't think it will crash any games if you play with both mods running but you will only end up in the overriding mods interior.

Installation:
Drag AWorldOfPain(Preview).esm' to the Fallout NV data folder. Select from the data menu on startup or use FOMM in the same manner. Launch game & enjoy.

PZ

RustTown

Spoiler
I hereby give you, my last month daily hard w@&k, Rust Town. It is a lore friendly town complete with everything one will ever need. It is packed with amenities and numerous places of interest to explore and immerse yourself.

My goal while working on this project was to provide a realistic town, full with detail and a unique fallout feel.

HOW TO REACH THE TOWN

The town is currently located to the far South West of the map west of Mojave Outpost. You can not reach it by foot at first because of the blocked road, but only by train.
Travel to the Vanilla EMERGENCY RAILWAY STATION, located in your pipboy. It is just southeast of POWDER GANGER CAMP SOUTH, and follow the railway tracks. A train will be waiting for you in the station to take you to Rust Town. After one trip, you can use fast travel to travel fourth and back, or keep using the railway stations. Walk to the second wagon behind the engine train and interact with it to travel. (I have included an extra, ready to use explored, map-marker near the station for those who might be having problem locating the vanilla one.)

THE TOWN

Current population: 28

So far, current .esp consists of:

1. Rust Town Outdoor Environment. Full of detail, themed lighting, dark mood, and lots of beautifully created unique environments and sections all packed in a single monstrous cell, fully navmeshed.

2. Dynamic NPC Population. A wide variety of NPCs, like Sheriff, Deputies, Merchants, Barkeepers, Guards, Residents, Engineers, Doctors, Bums, dogs e.t.c., most of which keep an everyday schedule and some of them have extensive dialogue.

3. Services. Certain NPCs will offer services (Buying/Selling, Repairing, Healing e.t.c.)

4. A Restaurant, to sit and grab a bite. Pick your table.

5. A Bar, to sit and enjoy your cocktails while admiring the view.

6. A Clinic, to stop by and heal your addictions, cleanse your radiation or patch up your crippled limps.

7. A Wildlife Exhibition Gallery, to check out captured wildlife, like cazzadors, geckos, mongrels, ants, rats etc.

8. Players House of course, for you to store your fancy equipment and get some rest.

9. Sheriffs Office with Jail. Behave and leave the prisoner alone.

10. Community Hall. This is where the townspeople meet and discuss their issues.

11. Barracks and Armory. All the guards and deputies need some rest too, right? Now with an implemented armory but not easy to reach.

12. Power Station. The town requires a steady supply of electricity. An engineer attends to this place everyday.

13. Five (5) unique Resident Houses (for the lucky ones that managed to secure a place with a roof, the rest have other means of housing)

14. Livestock Pen. Provides a steady supply of milk and meat.

Also, as a necessary part of the mod, i included:

15. Train Station with guess what� a train fully operational so one can travel back and forth to the city if you don�t want to make use of fast travel. (Currently the train station is located in the Mojave Region, at the vanilla EMERGENCY RAILWAY STATION outer cell, which I had to modify a little and bring it back to life in order to accommodate the train wagons). Also you�ll have to use it at least once to unlock Rust Town�s map marker.

16. Rust Towns Train Station and outer Gate, trains need to travel from station to station right?

Installation:
Unpack archive, copy the extracted RustTownV1.esp file into your Fallout New Vegas DATA folder and enable the .esp using the vanilla launcher or FOMM.

Uninstall:
Just delete RustTownV1.esp from your data folder

Compatibility:
There should be no conflicts as Rust Town consists of vanilla assets only and the city is located in a secluded place. May conflict with mods that alter in any way the
EMERGENCY RAILWAY STATION, but I have yet to see one.

Issues:
While travelling with the train to Rust Town, and upon arrival, your companions will spawn at some distance outside the Town Train Station for some reason. SOLUTION: Just fast travel to your current location (RustTown mapmarker) and they will spawn right next to you. Same if you travel back to Mojave. I will need to look more into this.

On a side note:
1. As the city is heavily populated and full of detail I experienced some small frame drop issues while beta testing in certain parts of it. Though take note, my computer is two years old. I expect some feedback on this frame drop by you guys. Maybe I will add a lighter version too if enough downloaders request it.

2. Because of the Cazadors behavior and flying animation they sometimes seem to momentarily noclip through their holding tank. But it�s just visual, they can�t get out.

3. The doctor goes to her resident every night to rest. Check back in the morning if you need her services.

4. Tom the handyman, does weapon and armor repairs, if you need his services he will either be wandering, sleeping or, during morning hours, working in the power station.

5. The merchants, barkeepers and restaurant cashiers w@&k 24/7.

6. There are no quests involved as i am not familiar with scripting. Maybe if i get some help something can be worked out.

7. A workbench and a reloading bench can be found inside the Power station.

8. Some doors in the town are inaccessible as I have future plans implementing more stuff.

9. Town lighting is part of the mood I wanted to create. Though screenshots may seem darker than the actual environment, if enough people request a brighter environment I may upload an extra .esp file.

10. The lawmen in the town are a little toughened up in comparison to usual vanilla npcs, so take notice.

11. I excluded npcs carrying energy weapons and spiced em up with wild west weaponry as part of the town�s concept.

12. I had to place a few collision markers in some tight spaces that would get player character stuck behind houses and walls at the outer perimeter of the town. I would have closed all gaps with visual references but, by the end, the mod had already become a little heavy for my cpu and maybe for others.

13. Zero use of scripting. Use of G.E.C.K. provided tools only. I wish I did use scripts for the mod to be more interactive and dynamic but I�m not familiar with scripting.

Things to come:

1. More dynamic NPC behavior, more dialogue. Also, maybe voice overs (if I have the time and courage. The voice actors are no issue as I have already gathered enough candidates).

2. Right now I am planning on paper for an adults only kind of themed interior cell and the Town Library, maybe later a place of worship and an underground cemetery.

3. Possibility of extending current town infrastructure to the third level up. Of course if, as is, the town is giving people bad frames per second I will scrap that idea.

4. Extending the Wildlife Exhibition Gallery to contain more animals and insects, add more rooms and sections.

Personal notes:
The heaviest w@&k: Town inner outdoor Environment (not taking into consideration the inner cells) ~ 8 straight hours working on paper, ~118 straight hours to complete in G.E.C.K. Not a stone unturned.

The best way to create new environments is: (A) Plan ahead, draw your ideas on the paper considering what assets the game can provide. (B) Knowing exactly the vanilla assets. Knowing where to find what you need and the variations of it. (C) Master the controls of G.E.C.K. (D) Do not let yourself down.

Working with G.E.C.K. is surely creative and gravely time consuming. If you love what you�re doing, believe in it, and want your imagination to come to life through a game mod, you occasionally find yourself working around the clock creating unique environments, doing night swifts.

UPDATE: RustTown is an addon area in the southeast corner of the map - claimed to be un-used by the vanilla game.  So far, I've not had any problems at all - the NPCs behave properly, all the textures and meshes w@&k flawlessly, and the town is pleasing to the eye.  Because this part of the map is inaccessible in the vanilla game, the mod developer created a transportation system similar to the fast travel in the Pipboy - you approach a train and are presented with the option of traveling to RustTown.  The graphics are well done, and I've enjoyed visiting this expanded area.

Art Blade

that was a huge text between spoiler tags. Interesting "personal notes" there :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Indeed - the modder appears to be a planner  :-X

PZ

New Vegas Bounties I

The interesting thing about this mod is that it includes 436 lines of fully-voiced dialogue

Spoiler
"New Vegas Bounties I" is the first installment in a planned series for Fallout: New Vegas. Upon initiating the quest, you'll be tasked with tracking down the most malevolent and vile assortment of outlaws in the Mojave Wasteland.

Your targets will include rogue rangers, fiends, raiders, drug smugglers, cannibals, and pistoleros, to name a few. Your opponents are all designed to be boss-caliber, akin to the fiends in "Three-Card Bounty", and became gradually more difficult as you progress.

At its core, New Vegas Bounties is an action mod; extreme violence and profanity are ubiquitous. In lieu of mind-boggling puzzles or "go collect x or y resource"-type quests, you will be confronted with dangerous opponents who are designed to frustrate and kill you. You will be harried, ambushed, outnumbered, and outgunned. This is the path of a bounty hunter - take it or leave it.

This is my first mod for New Vegas, but I've released multiple action/adventure plugins for TES IV. If you leave comments or suggestions I will always respond, and make every effort to correct bugs or conflicts should they arise.
This adapts several characters and elements from JarheadWriter's mod, Potomac Breaks (FO3), with his permission.

It includes 436 lines of fully-voiced dialogue (as of version 1.2). I will continue to polish the lip-syncing in future updates, as it is a time-consuming process (and I've gained new respect for voiced mods!).

If you love it, hate, or are just indifferent, please post comments. My mods live and die by users who provide feedback!

Balancing:
This is an ongoing project, and I will adjust difficulty and rewards based on player feedback. Currently the mod will grant the player an addition perk for increased DT upon completion. (+ 2% DT)

As of version 1.2, the mod includes the [Taunt] speech option in confrontations with the final boss; when this is selected it will dramatically enhance the difficulty of the fight.

Compatibility:
- I try to ensure that my mods are as low-impact/conflict as possible. Besides a handful of remote bunkers and a shack, this mod only consists of NPC's, so it should be conflict-free. Please let me know if anything arises.

UPDATE: After trying this mod, I can say that I'm really pleased.  The mod adds a shooter aspect to the otherwise RPG game - now in addition to quests in which you speak to people, collect goods, and other sometimes tedious tasks, you are given assignments to assassinate certain unsavory characters in the FNV universe.  Additionally, the mod creator evidently plans to expand on these quests, which are loads of fun, and profitable at times.

PZ

Wasteland Defense

Want to build your own fort?  This is the mod for you.

Spoiler
FEATURES

• Fort Construction System: Acquire plans and use them to place objects within your fort. Objects can be placed in any manner you desire.
  • Guard System: Recruit guards to patrol your fort, defending it from enemy invaders. Specialized guards such as Snipers are available at a higher cost. Robots more your thing? Construct Securitrons from supplies you scavenge from raids.
  • Plan Market System: Allow a fort merchant to set up shop and offer various plans for necessities/defenses. The market's stock changes day by day, and special plans may become available.
  • Raid System: A remote activated system that can trigger a raid across three difficulties. Supplies are scavenged after fending off a raid, which can be used for future upgrades and defenses.
  • Automated Turret Defenses: Plans are available for automated turret defenses to assist your guards in defeating enemy raiders.
  • Light System: Be wary of shadows in your fort. Construct lights to keep your fort protected even on the darkest nights.
  • Power System: A destroyable generator that powers the lighting around your fort.
  • Stationary Guards: The ability to place guards at locations and have them hold their ground.
  • Random Raid System: Raider attacks will be randomized, coming when you least expect it (toggle-able in user options)
  • Scavenger System: Recruit scavengers to pick across the remnants of your enemies and salvage their equipment.
OTHER NOTES
This mod is very much a WIP still, so you may come across bugs or features that aren't fully implemented. However I ask that if you do find something of note, please leave a comment so I can look into your issue and hopefully solve it fast.

UPDATE:  I tested this mod by building a fort near Goodsprings, both on a flat area and on the hillside near the water tower.  It is probably best to choose a relatively flat location because some of the buildings will look like a corner is off the ground, or if you place it deeper, a corner will appear buried.  Additionally, don't place the item on plants or other items because they will end up inside the structure.

Creating a raid is fun - you choose that function from the fort menu, which you bring up by pressing the "h" key.  A short while after the system tells you that a raid is coming, they will appear in the distance, and run toward you looking for a fight.  After this initial contact, your fort setup is complete and you can access the terminal inside the headquarters to set random attacks, but you always have the option of digging yourself in and creating a raid on your homeland.

This is a great mod for anyone that likes to experiment with building things, and is quite reminiscent of the RTS (real time settlement) mod I tried in FO3.

PZ

Extended New Vegas Radio Generator

Spoiler
This is both a mod and a utility based on the idea of Gamerzworld's Radio New Vegas Extender. It's purpose, just like his, is to extend the amount of songs that play on New Vegas Radio. Instead of being limited to the 20-25 original songs, you can now generate a mod to have up to 32,000 songs at the push of a button.

Features

• A program that generates a mod file from scratch using your specified amount of songs you want (from 1 to 32,000).
  • There are batch files that perform the w@&k of converting your music to a working format, filenames, and mono tracks. Convert your music from WAV, MP3, OGG, and FLAC to a compatible MP3 format.
  • You can add songs from Fallout 3!
  • Compatible file and folder-wise to Gamerzworld's Radio New Vegas Extender
  • Can set how many songs the game keeps track of for less redundancy and set the number of songs that play before Mr. New Vegas's next announcement! (5, 10, 15, 20, 25)
  • NEW!* Import songs from other stations into Radio New Vegas including 5 songs not found on any station that were made especially for this game! (ex. "Home On The Wastes" and "New Vegas Valley")
  • NEW!* Change all world radios and jukeboxes that use Mojave Radio to NVR increasing the number of radios in the world to well over 70.
  • Modder resource editing!
Installation - Basic

• Drop mod files into Fallout NV's base folder (i.e."fallout new vegas\")
  • Copy your music to "Fallout New Vegas\Data\Sound\songs\radionvextend\MusicToConvert"
  • Run "[1. Convert to MP3].bat" in the "radionvextend" folder.
  • Run "[2. Rename to xxx].bat" in the "radionvextend" folder.
  • Run "[3. Convert to Mono Ogg].bat" in the "radionvextend" folder.
  • Run "NVRExtended.exe" at the base folder of Fallout NV. Set number of songs in "radionvextend". Click Generate.
  • Enable mod using whatever you use for mods. Play game.

I don't know about you, but I get tired of hearing that same old "Johnny" song as I wander the wastelands, so I searched for a mod in which I could add my own songs as well as play the vanilla ones from FNV and FO3.  This mod does it all, and adds your content to the existing radio stations so you can have up to 32,000 mp3s in the play list!  Because someone developed a large list of pre-war tracks for FO3, I imported those into this mod, and it worked perfectly.  I even did a manual installation into a fake Data folder, and created a .fomod so I can easily uninstall if I need to.

The FO3 pre-war tracks can be found here.

UPDATE: The FO3 tracks include music, but more importantly for me, old commercials from the 50's, and even public announcements relating to atomic attack.  For instance, last night I heard Pat Boone on the radio telling us what to do in case of an atomic bomb attack.  I recognized his voice so I wondered if it was authentic.  After a bit of research I found that it was, and here is a transcript of what he announces:

"Civil Defense is common sense! This is Pat Boone. In case of enemy attack, you must know your warning signals. A steady blast of 3 to 5 minutes means tune your radio dial to 640 or 1240. A 3 minute wavering tone or a series of short blasts – take cover immediately!"

Here is a link to the site where I discovered the transcript.

There are all kinds of advertisements and announcements which adds hugely to the sense of immersion when wandering the wastes.

For a trip down memory lane where you'll find hundreds of old time radio recordings, this is an excellent site.  You can download these mp3s and add them to the extended radio mod for FNV

PZ

Serial Killer Merc Beta A World Of Pain Addon

QuoteMerc has hired recruits and they are taking over they are very dangerous and will try to kill you on sight. As of now they are at war in a few places and they will be expanding. The wastelands are not going to be safe anymore. Brings lots of guns, ammo and companions there will be lots of bloodshed. Special thanks to David LeMaistre for A World Of Pain.

Ricamundo

I installed the RustTown mod a couple of days ago, and decided to start a new game after finishing off the Legion at the Dam. It seemed to w@&k pretty well, with a bit of lag, but quite managable. However, after wandering around, amd initiating some conversations, there's realy not anything going on here, except a handy gun merchant with lots a caps. For whatever reason, he doesnt do repairs, making me look around for the town engineer to get some w@&k done.

Today, i wandered up to Novac, and something was amiss. The motel was completely missing. ::) I use the room there as a home away from home, so i wanted ti find out and fix this glitch. I deactivated the RusTown mod, and lo and behold, the Novac Motel was back good as new. So, i guess i'll have to do without that particular mod, unfortunately. Sigh, bloody FO and glitches, CTD's and conflicts. Some things never change. :D
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

PZ

I've RustTown installed and was just at the Novak motel - everything was OK - it might be the combination of mods you are using or their load order, difficult to determine.  I've found that the best way to have mods that behave well with one another is to use FNVEdit and create your own override patches - however that is kind of a pain, and as you mentioned, RustTown is not all that exciting yet.

PZ

Project Nevada

This has to be one of the most ambitious mods created for FNV.  It combines many different mod ideas written from the ground up, into a unifying theme that makes the game behave more like a FPS.  Because these creators did all the w@&k, there is far less mod conflict.  The core of the mod is complete, and planned are: rebalance and equipment modules.  This one is a "must see" - check out the video:

Project Nevada - Trailer

Spoiler
Details

Head Implants
* AR Scanner: Real-time target analysis
* Bionic Eyes: Enhanced vision modes
* Empathy Synthesizer: Charisma +1
* Logic Co-Processor: Intelligence +1
* Optics Enhancer: Perception +1
* Probability Calculator: Luck +1
* Voice Modulator: Speech +2(3,4,5), Barter +2(3,4,5)

Torso Implants
* Adrenaline Booster: AP regeneration bonus for kills
* Hypertrophy Accelerator: Strength +1
* Monocyte Breeder: Health regeneration
* Nociception Regulator: Endurance +1
* Reflex Booster: Agility +1
* Stealth Nano-Bots: Controllable stealth field
* Sub-Dermal Armor: DT +4
* Synthetic Lungs: 25% lower Sprint AP drain, water breathing

Arm Implants
* Kinetic Accelerator: Attack and reload 25% (50%) faster during bullet time
* Nanobionic Weave: Limb regeneration
* Hand Stabilizer: Lockpick +2(3,4,5), Repair +2(3,4,5)
* Motor Memorizer: Guns +2(3,4,5), Energy Weapons +2(3,4,5)
* Neural Datatool: Science +4(6,8,10)
* Razor Nails: Unarmed critical chance and damage increased by 25% (40,55,70)

Leg Implants
* Kinetic Accelerator: Surroundings slowed down by 25% (50%) during sprint
* Tread Damper: Sneak +4(6,8,10)
* Weight Absorber: Carry weight +10(20,30,40)

Tech
* Enhanced vision modes for power armor helmets and other advanced headgear
* Stealth Boy field is controllable and status is displayed in the HUD

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

deadman1

??? deadman wants it (gollum voice)

Art Blade

(gollum voice)

my PRESHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHIOUS! [sic!]

deadman1

PZ

M110

This is a great sniper rifle - removable flash suppressor, and silencer.  The best part: one shot kills rather than the cheesy weak RPG weapons.

Spoiler
Update: I've re-uploaded a file, that I've tested on my machine to be free of the DSR-1 master file (removed it from FOMM and run m110, no problem)

There is also a just ESP file in optional, so if you already dl it before, just get this esp file and replace the original

Update: Removed a useless master file.

The mod add a M110 Semi-Automatic Sniper System into the wasteland. It fires .308 rounds, and have 20 round mag for it.

The weapon comes with two detachable kit, suppressor and thermal sight. They are digestible, activate suppressor in your inventory will holding the rifle will give you a suppressed m110, activate flash suppressor will remove the sound suppressor. Same thing with thermal sight, activate scope will return m110 with normal scope on it.

To use thermal sight just zoom in and you'll see the effect, now don't anyone of you even think about call of d...

***NOTE**** Thermal sight needs NVSE to w@&k.

There are two sets of the weapon and mod, one in helios one observation tower, one in black mountain supply room.

Bug: Well not exactly a bug, it seems stealthboy covers infra-red spectrum too, so you can't see nightkins with thermalsight.

Ricamundo

I just noticed that the AWOP (A World Of Pain) mod has been updated and hugely expanded, going from 48 added locations, to 90!! 8) I think that warrants a new playthru. :-X
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

PZ

I installed it the other day but forgot to mention it - my map is full of icons.  Thanks for the reminder  :-X

PZ

Deja Vu Vegas

QuoteI present the first public release of a New Vegas/Fallout 3 merge mod, Deja Vu Vegas.
Frolic in the blasted DC wastes with your New Vegas character!
Explore an only-slightly-buggy world, bringing with you all the advantages New Vegas gives!

If you have both Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas, this will allow you to travel to the Capital Wastes from Fallout 3 while playing Fallout New Vegas.

Details:
Spoiler

MIRRORS:
http://rapidshare.com/files/452016204/Deja_Vu_Vegas-Beta_1.10.rar
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NSY6JQZW

FEATURES:
All weapons have been replaced with their New Vegas counterparts.
All weapons which do not have New Vegas versions have been rebalanced and changed to use New Vegas ammo.
All armour has been replaced with its New Vegas Versions.
All ammo has been replaced with its New Vegas versions.
All food and drink has been replaced with its New Vegas versions.
All chems have been editted to match their New Vegas equivalents.
All object based water-sources (toilets, sinks, etc.) have been changed to their New Vegas versions.
The buggy distance views have been fixed by extracting the DC lodsettings.
The invisible Super Mutants have been fixed by editing their model files to avoid a conflict with the Vegas version.
Fixed multiple cells in New Vegas which would Crash To Desktop when you entered.

KNOWN ISSUES
Loading the mod resets your character to its default state.
At around noon each day, there is a total solar eclipse.
Bodies of water such as rivers and lakes are still DC versions, and will not quench thirst.
Chems will not stack in your inventory.
Vendors do not sell all NV ammo types and items.
Some cells in New Vegas may now suffer from performance issues relating to the previous crash bug.

NOTE:
At this point, there's no way to transition between Vegas and DC except using the "coc" console command to teleport yourself.

I suggest using "coc Springvale" to put you in DC fairly near Megaton.

KingRat

Quote from: PZ on February 04, 2011, 08:29:32 PM
Project Nevada

This has to be one of the most ambitious mods created for FNV.  It combines many different mod ideas written from the ground up, into a unifying theme that makes the game behave more like a FPS.  Because these creators did all the w@&k, there is far less mod conflict.  The core of the mod is complete, and planned are: rebalance and equipment modules.  This one is a "must see" - check out the video:

Project Nevada - Trailer

Spoiler
Details

Head Implants
* AR Scanner: Real-time target analysis
* Bionic Eyes: Enhanced vision modes
* Empathy Synthesizer: Charisma +1
* Logic Co-Processor: Intelligence +1
* Optics Enhancer: Perception +1
* Probability Calculator: Luck +1
* Voice Modulator: Speech +2(3,4,5), Barter +2(3,4,5)

Torso Implants
* Adrenaline Booster: AP regeneration bonus for kills
* Hypertrophy Accelerator: Strength +1
* Monocyte Breeder: Health regeneration
* Nociception Regulator: Endurance +1
* Reflex Booster: Agility +1
* Stealth Nano-Bots: Controllable stealth field
* Sub-Dermal Armor: DT +4
* Synthetic Lungs: 25% lower Sprint AP drain, water breathing

Arm Implants
* Kinetic Accelerator: Attack and reload 25% (50%) faster during bullet time
* Hand Stabilizer: Lockpick +2(3,4,5), Repair +2(3,4,5)
* Motor Memorizer: Guns +2(3,4,5), Energy Weapons +2(3,4,5)
* Neural Datatool: Science +4(6,8,10)
* Razor Nails: Unarmed critical chance and damage increased by 25% (40,55,70)

Leg Implants
* Kinetic Accelerator: Surroundings slowed down by 25% (50%) during sprint
* Tread Damper: Sneak +4(6,8,10)
* Weight Absorber: Carry weight +10(20,30,40)

Tech
* Enhanced vision modes for power armor helmets and other advanced headgear
* Stealth Boy field is controllable and status is displayed in the HUD

Hi Guys,

I D/L FNV Ultimate from Steam a month or so ago and just started with some mods. I probably have several thousand hours into FO3 & FNV on my x360, but wanted to try some of these cool mods. Anyway, I've installed NMM and have quite a few mods running OK....however Project Nevada is not one of them, and not because I haven't tried  :D I keep getting a 'script exception' error when trying to install, and it even locked up NMM several times so I've just left it inactivated...

So, mods that I like so far are> Rancho Villa, Darnified, Nevada Skies and Unified H.U.D. Project......I had installed NVSE, but I'm thinking maybe the fnv4gb_nvse might have been the better option?

Also, last night I'd d/l a couple mods and the game wouldn't start. I found out it was the 'underground bunker home' which probably conflicted with the Villa? After deactivating it the game started fine....OK, off to see if the latest mods are running ok  :-D

PZ

You're going to have a blast with the mods KingRat  :-X

One thing I'd recommend before you get to far into modding is a method of keeping things realy organized, and easy to get back to vanilla without having to do a reinstall.  Read about it in our Knowledge base here.

As to conflict resolution, I'd recommend FNVEdit, which allows you to go into the guts of the scripts to do editing - it is really simple to use once you get into how it works, and even allows you to build your own patches so you can run mods that supposedly won't run together.  I've even drilled down far enough to change the clothing, hair styles, and facial appearance on NPCs.  Check it out on the Nexus.

KingRat

I'm having a blast figuring out which ones w@&k  ??? NMM does a good job of keeping them sorted, and its easy to activate/deactivate.

After my last post the game wouldn't start again, and I had to deactivate WMX. Played for a couple hours and just had a CTD....going to try again and see how it goes.

The details on the 'script' error I was getting with PN took up a whole page  :o I wouldn't know where to begin :) There was an issue with the d/l because when I used the NMM d/l it said 'file not found' even though it was in my download folder. Once I pointed NMM to the file it got unzipped, just couldn't activate it?

Off to try again  :)

PZ

Quote from: KingRat on May 07, 2012, 03:47:54 PM
... Once I pointed NMM to the file it got unzipped, just couldn't activate it?

Off to try again  :)

That is odd - I've not encountered the condition where I could not activate a mod, because the function of FNVMM is to simply copies the files into the proper place and activate the proper scripts.

The other thing that matters is the load order - sometimes you can play with that and give the problematic one the lowest (last) in the load order to help mitigate fatal conflicts.  However, the only sure cure is FNVEdit.

KingRat

Quote from: PZ on May 07, 2012, 08:12:10 PM
That is odd - I've not encountered the condition where I could not activate a mod, because the function of FNVMM is to simply copies the files into the proper place and activate the proper scripts.

The other thing that matters is the load order - sometimes you can play with that and give the problematic one the lowest (last) in the load order to help mitigate fatal conflicts.  However, the only sure cure is FNVEdit.

It appears NMM has a problem with 'Archive invalidate'...I tried copy/paste the suggested change, but that didn't w@&k either :D I've been changing the load order as recommended in the various 'read me' so I get to test that again today....also, I do have FNVEdit installed but haven't figured out how to use it yet  ???

It's pretty obvious to me the main issues stem from the 'adult only' mods  ;) :angel:

Tags:
🡱 🡳