Remember Me

Started by Jim di Griz, August 17, 2012, 12:20:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim di Griz

During the past three days Capcom have pushed out three pieces about this new game due out in May '13. It's a third-person action adventure set in a world where memories are bought and sold: due for PS3, Xbox360 and of course for PC.

Set in Neo-Paris sometime in 2084 (hmmm...) it looks very unusual. Here's some of the official pre-release blurb.

QuotePersonal memories can now be digitized, bought, sold and traded. The last remnants of privacy and intimacy have been swept away in what appears to be a logical progression of the explosive growth of social networks at the beginning of the 21st century. This memory economy gives immense power over society to just a handful of people.

Remember Me is a 3rd person action adventure where players take on the role of Nilin, a former elite memory hunter with the ability to break into people's minds and steal or even alter their memories. The authorities, fearful of her knowledge and capabilities have arrested Nilin and wiped her memory clean. After her escape from prison, Nilin sets out on a mission to recover her identity, helped by her last and only friend. This search for her past leads to her being hunted by the people that created this surveillance society.

The launch trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_VYA_gvk5Q4#!

And some gameplay to whet the appetite...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3M1xygED0Sg#!
Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer  - Major Holdridge
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Fiach

Looks like something I could sink my teeth into, thanks for the linkage mate :)
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Jim di Griz

No worries  :) 2013 is starting to look like a busy year (even if the world doesn't end)
Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer  - Major Holdridge

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Jim di Griz

:)...and we'll be well prepared if it does for aliens, zombies, cyberisation as well as every other form of apocalypse  :-()

JRD

It looks very promising!   :-X :-X

I like the Blade Runner-ish feel of that game! A little bit of stealth here and there, freedom to climb and interact with the environment... really cool.  8)

The mini map shows a corridor like, narrow area to play but I take it's because the game is a w@&k in progrees... hopefully it will get wider in the final version!

It would be great if manipulating memories could have different outcomes in the game. Imagine if you could change a memory in three or four different ways and each way would enable a different path in the story which in turn would present another branching point with two or three possibilities and so on. Even if somewhere the branches converge to a couple different endings (otherwise the multiplication would create so many branches it would take ten years to finish the game ::) )... that would add a lot of replay value!

I'll definitely keep an eye on this game... thanks for the heads up Jim Di Griz!  :-X
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Jim di Griz

Quote from: JRD on August 18, 2012, 09:57:49 PM
...It would be great if manipulating memories could have different outcomes in the game...
My pleasure JRD - this is my hope too, but as news has only just started surfacing about this, I suppose we'll have to wait on a dev-diary or somesuch. Plently of other games already out or soon to be released have started providing this model to some extent, so we can certainly hope with confidence  :)

Art Blade

Almost started a new topic  :laugh: It is out now.

QuoteNeo-Paris, 2084: Personal memories can now be digitized, bought, sold and traded. The last remnants of privacy and intimacy have been swept away in what appears to be a logical progression of the explosive growth of social networks at the beginning of the 21st century. The citizens themselves have accepted this surveillance society in exchange for the comfort only smart technology can provide. This memory economy gives immense power over society to just a handful of people.

A visionary 3rd person action adventure, Remember Me puts players into the role of Nilin, a former elite memory hunter with the ability to break into people's minds and steal or even alter their memories. The authorities, fearful of her knowledge and capabilities have arrested Nilin and wiped her memory clean. After her escape from prison, Nilin sets out on a mission to recover her identity, helped by her last and only friend. This search for her past leads to her being hunted by the very people that created this surveillance society.
Remember Me - Walkthrough Part 1 [1080p HD] - First 90 Minutes! - No Commentary

Not sure if this game is actually out or going to be out on PC but it is out for PS and Xbox.

Reminds me a lot of of Mirror's Edge, only this time it is very combat-orientated. Generally linear but very cool graphics and a clever combat system: you can use several combos that are comprised of elements which you can arrange almost freely (there are a few limitations) and a couple of special "Sensen" options that basically have a wide radius and do things like stun opponents. I watched the entire playthrough posted above, it was very entertaining and I was tempted to get the game. I think it is optimised for controllers so keyboard and mouse are probably not half as cool regarding how to use those combos and some such. You should check the vid :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Fiach

Have it on PC, it's OK, not great, bad camera, combo thing is only OK, there is a mechanic where you have to rearrange peoples memories by rewinding a memory sequence and interacting with different aspects, but it's never quite clear what each interaction will do, so its all trial and error.

The world immersion is quite good and tbh seems wasted on this game.
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Art Blade

wasted on that game, is a good way of describing it. I too thought it looked way too cool for a beat 'em up game which it is.

Tags:
🡱 🡳