Mass Effect 3

Started by Fiach, March 16, 2012, 09:53:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fiach

Well, at least now I know why the achievement5 is called Insanity :) Good job mate :)

Just got the book King Rat and a couple of other Clavell novels for my Kindle  8)
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

KingRat

George Segal as Cpl. King....one of the better POW movies :-X

KingRat

Noticed the free DLC was out last week. I have it downloaded to the 360, but it will have to wait till I get my fill of KoA... :)

Fiach

When you consider all the btching I did about it, I havent bothered to d/l it, I'm on my third Dragons dogma character now and loving the crap out of the game.

I think its a game you might enjoy KR as the game really comes into its own the more you play and then replay (infinite NG+), you can also farm loot in a place called Everfall at the end of the game, prior to doing NG+, so you will be will kitted out, but I think replayability is a major factor for you, so the different classes and their uniqueness compared to other games almost make replaying the game mandatory.

There are two Hybrid classes that really make the game shine, Magick Archer, where you use a magic bow that fires kinda like heat seeking missiles, targetting multiple enemies, or multiple parts of bosses and Mystic Knight which is a great mix of defence and shock and awe. You can eg. Enchant your teams weapons, for a monsters weakness, then draw a sigil on the ground made of that element, then plant a magic cannon on the ground of the same element and shoot the beejeesus out of anything within 100 yards...and it auto targets!

Dragon's Dogma Gameplay - Mystic Knight - OXM

DRAGON'S DOGMA - Drake Gameplay Video

Dragon's Dogma Gameplay HD - Magic Archer Vs. Chimera

KingRat

Finally took a break from KoA and loaded up one of my ME3 saves. Not bad, and probably should have been done originally. Wouldn't have prevented all the negatives, but still better than what they gave us.

Also, I have a copy of Dragon Age Origins Ultimate that I got awhile back. Loaded it all up and just can't get into it.....went back to KoA with a 3rd character build.  :)

Fiach

Shame about the DoA, I loved the game, someone else got it here too, but I dont think they took to it either.

What did you not like about it, it's generally held in high esteem.

I had a great character on one save, I think it was called Arcane Warrior, a mage with a sword, it was pretty cool and OP as hell.

The dlc was a pile of suck, no mage love and a kick in the teeth with the Morrigan DLC for any fans of that character.

DAO 2 was less liked for a number of valid reasons. but it had a very fluid combat system.

KingRat

Nothing specific, I just didn't have the feel for it after so many hours with KoA. Happens with a few of my games; for example Gears of War I've never gotten out of the tutorial. Just ordered a guide for that so maybe do the same for DAO and try again....that Arcane Warrior build sounds more my style than the elf I built  :)

Fiach

Well there is only one sword in the game, so make sure you pick it up, its not in the main areas of the dungeon, but any dilligent search will find the side cavern, its equipped on a mage that will attack you, so make sure to loot the body, its not in a chest.

http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Spellweaver

KingRat

Quote from: Fiach on July 20, 2012, 12:23:33 PM
Well there is only one sword in the game, so make sure you pick it up, its not in the main areas of the dungeon, but any dilligent search will find the side cavern, its equipped on a mage that will attack you, so make sure to loot the body, its not in a chest.

http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Spellweaver

Had that sword and the AW memories, but I must have screwed up somewhere because I never got to use that specialty. Finished at 91 hours, and actually played the last 30 or so straight through  :) Thought they did a great job with the companion conversations. I would just stop and listen to the banter  :-D

I was going to start Awakening today, but I need to see if I should do some of the other DLC first....

Fiach

I would do it for completions sake, but dont bother with witchhunt or whatever its called, its crap.

The conversations really make the game with Morrigan ripping the piss out of Alister :)

KingRat

Probably should be posting in your DAO thread, but PZ's last post was 8 months ago...

Anyway, about Witch Hunt, Morrigan and my female mage were best pals  :-X So if that quest has me doing anything adverse to our relationship, then I don't think I'll play it.

Just ordered DA II off Amazon for $17 and had to add some points to my xbox account for the extras  :'(

Fiach

Well, depending on your ending in DAO, you could have been...intimate with morrigan for a certain reason, then she disappears, People expected Witch Hunt to resolve that plot as it seemed very important to Morrigan that she sleep with you, possibly to get pregnant, but the end of the DLC was just so pointless and stupid and added nothing to the plot of the game or the DLC, people were rightfully pissed as she was such a strong character.

PZ

Quote from: KingRat on August 01, 2012, 02:33:52 PM
Probably should be posting in your DAO thread, but PZ's last post was 8 months ago...

A post is never to old to resurrect; we (I) do it all the time.  :-()

Art Blade

agree.

Err, not about PZ doing it all the time but about a post never being too old to be resurrected.  :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Art Blade

I spent a couple of days watching so called "full movie" films on YouTube that were comprised of all cutscenes of the game and edited together so I got an idea of what the game was all about.

It all started with an afternoon browsing YT and for some reason happening upon a full movie on ME(1) which is the only game of the franchise that I've got but I've never completed it. So I watched it and eventually got to see what happened after the point where I had stopped playing. Interesting. So I watched ME2. And a 7-hour version of ME3's extended cut. Now that I know what it was all about I can see why people disliked the ending. It was.. out of place, out of character and unexpectedly cheap. However, if you watch the credits all the way to the end, there is a cutscene which hints at a sequel, ME4.

One part of ME3 cracked me up, more or less around when the crew was on holiday and ended up throwing a party. There were so many gags around that part of the game I sometimes thought I was watching a parody but apparently it was part of the game  :) And the battle at the end with various fleets in space was truly epic. Just the bit at the very end was.. well. s#!t.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Fiach

Yeah due to the outcry that nearly broke the interwebz, they made a new ending, which I think people were happy with.
I stopped playing when I heard about the ending and intended to return if they replaced it, but I forgot, so thanks for the reminder Art :)

Also I seem to remember seeing a character from one of the previous games (ME2?) the girl that looks like Sinead O'Connor on one of the maps and didnt pass much heed til I was done there and she had disappeared, apparently I should have spoken to her or something.

Anyway, dunno why you didnt finish ME1, but I really liked it (I disliked the driving bits, but they were few and far between), ME2 was really good I think, 3 was pretty OK from what I played, I think there was a mechanic I didnt like where you have to gather assets for multiplayer or something which was useless to me as I cant play MP on my 360, so I couldnt get the proper ending...this actually makes me wary of buying another one of their games tbh.

A game you should really check out as its kinda similar, is Knights of the old Republic, there is one character called HK47 and assassin robot tha can join your party, he is worth the admission price alone.

The only game "movie" of cutscenes I ever watched was for Anachronox, (which is a pretty awesome JRPG type of game), I really enjoyed that! :)

Art Blade

:)

At first I was enthralled and couldn't get enough of ME1 until it started to annoy me. For instance, the same you said, I hated the side mission log that kept filling to the brim and no chance of getting it all sorted in a leisurely way as I too happened upon timed missions or stuff I couldn't find or didn't know whom to go to in order to turn it in. Or, having to visit planets in order to find stuff which took forever; both getting there and getting it over with. Then there were gazillions of poop armours and only very, very few really decent ones but even then, every species needed their own armours. Trying to get the proper gear for my crew was a nightmare. And I had to take care of them as if they were some dumb muppets without any brains at all. Basically: TOO MANY options, really, and too little time to make use of it or to find out how to do things properly as in how to develop their skills and what not. Weapons? You could make a damn awful lot of wrong decisions and get guns you were better off throwing them at the enemy. Back and forth and forth and back and forth.. to the citadel and away and back again.. During fights, my crew often got right smack in the middle of my line of fire or did other "funny" stuff. Taken the wrong guys with you on a mission? Sorry, deal with it. Great. -- Got the picture?  :-()

Fiach

Quote from: Art Blade on September 04, 2013, 06:29:53 AM

At first I was enthralled and couldn't get enough of ME1 until it started to annoy me. For instance, the same you said, I hated the side mission log that kept filling to the brim and no chance of getting it all sorted in a leisurely way as I too happened upon timed missions or stuff I couldn't find or didn't know whom to go to in order to turn it in. Or, having to visit planets in order to find stuff which took forever; both getting there and getting it over with. Then there were gazillions of poop armours and only very, very few really decent ones but even then, every species needed their own armours. Trying to get the proper gear for my crew was a nightmare. And I had to take care of them as if they were some dumb muppets without any brains at all. Basically: TOO MANY options, really, and too little time to make use of it or to find out how to do things properly as in how to develop their skills and what not. Weapons? You could make a damn awful lot of wrong decisions and get guns you were better off throwing them at the enemy. Back and forth and forth and back and forth.. to the citadel and away and back again.. During fights, my crew often got right smack in the middle of my line of fire or did other "funny" stuff. Taken the wrong guys with you on a mission? Sorry, deal with it. Great. -- Got the picture?  :-()

TBH I dont remember any issues like that, but I guess it was a long time ago, I do remember I played it at least twice though, but maybe I'm just more fogiving as RPG's are my preferred genre :).

Art Blade

I do like RPG elements, for instance Oblivion (The Elder Scrolls IV) I played the living daylights out of and that about a dozen times, and you know I nearly ran the Alpha Protocol board all on my own :) and FO3 was great, too. However.. ME1 is one of very few games I haven't finished.

Fiach

Yeah, I remember you fighting the good fight for AP :)

KingRat

Quote from: Art Blade on September 04, 2013, 06:29:53 AM

:laugh: Thanks for the laugh Art! I just finished my 31st play of ME and started ME2 with my imported Vanguard. Made level 55 on this run w/o getting out of the Mako to much; I've made level 59 on one run before, but that requires hunting down all thresher maws and finishing them off on foot :)

Art Blade

My pleasure  :-D I like your dedication -- you're a nutter  :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳