CHEATS

Started by Art Blade, April 18, 2009, 02:04:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

I have two of my own that are in particular useful for me:

One: In Bowa, with all weapons in armoury and SicknessLevel "0" (best stamina for long journeys without having to take pills every second)

Two: Still in Bowa, last mission pending (Jackal in Jail) which would mean bye-bye Maps and enter Heart of Darkness.

Both times I'm at the armoury to be ready to pick a loadout and go on a rampage :)

I prefer One if I want to take a stroll or check something out.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

RedRaven

so far have posted 5 quick-start saves for each character (in downloads section)
http://openworldgames.org/owg/forums/index.php?action=downloads;cat=5

1) pre tutorial <after drive to pala and speech by jackal>
2) pre tutorial A <slaughter house start>
3) pre tutorial B <fresh fish start>
4) pre tutorial C <lumber start>
5) pre tutorial D <cock fights start>

1 is just to avoid the start drive each time so you can get straight to it
2 to 5 are as follows -
> start of the tutorial - repair the car.
> saves from v1.02 with DLC and codes to activate Predecessor, all are on easy difficulty but you can change that to any level in the normal way.
> see the enclosed image in each RAR file for more info about each save. Will w@&k on post-tutorial saves following on from the saves already posted.
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Art Blade

wow, thank you for all the effort you made and everything :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

RedRaven

no probs, its actually quite enjoyable, get to try different aproaches to those areas. not posted them yet tho cos dont want to tie up forums space (each is approx 1.5mb)
and now i`ve started it got to do all 9 characters just to observe any differences and random factors.
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Art Blade

cheers matey, thumbs up, and have fun  :) :-X

PZ

Yeah, post away - while file size is somewhat of a concern, let's at least get some high quality saves online like the ones dke58 has documentation of - what a great place to start from!  :-X

RedRaven

sweet, will stick them up tomorrow in download section.

Art Blade

Did a full edit on the "unlock weapons" cheat. The mysteries are solved now :)

(see first post).

PZ

Great set of cheats Art, and you did a fantastic job of keeping things organized in the first post for easy access.

Art Blade

thanks, and welcome :)

Art Blade

edited the first post again... I think now it should be crystal clear how to do it and why not to use godmode/unlimited ammo during the tutorial.

That's stuff I thought was clear, but then again, it was clear to me because I had experimented a lot already.

Now... hope you all have fun with it. At least the ignorePlayer cheat is nice if you want to explore the map in peace and quiet. additionally godmode helps to survive insane accidents while driving down a mountain or jumping off of cliffs etc... I find it very relaxing to cruise around with my car, switch on some favourite tunes (game music off, mediaplayer or something like that on) and enjoy the landscape... without mercs interfering. Or peacefully enjoy a hang glider trip without getting shot down every two seconds.

Alright then, have fun :)

PZ

Excellent w@&k, Art!   :-X

The ignore cheat and the God mode are two that I'm going to try this weekend - remember all the complaints on the other forums about re-spawning too quickly?  This solution is at least a way to explore the FC2 world like a tourist.  Too bad the same is not available on the consoles - I'd love to be able to do this on my PS3.

Art Blade

Finally added "-GameProfile_timescale". I think "fooling around" with it is not so much of a cheat, but setting it to zero actually allows you to preserve time and weather. Description to be found in the first post :)

PZ

Soon Art will have the nick name "Cheats master"   ;)

I think that it's great you exploring and testing the cheats!  :-X

Art Blade

hehe... the Art of cheating  ;)

PZ

Well what can I say, us old fArts have similar tastes and styles!

Dweller_Benthos

Timescale is fun when you crank it up and the sun & moon whip around the sky.....

Another one to add is zombieai which makes all bots stand still doing nothing. It's what I use to keep them from moving around while making panoramas.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

that's good use for zombieai, panorama shoots... I'll put it into the main post. cheers  :-X

Art Blade

I don't want to mention the trainer again. I don't use it much (I use those command line cheats with different combinations as a shortcut) but when it comes to do impossible things such as monster jumps, "speed runs" and... vehicle jumps. What you can do with those, see here: hang glider & trainer

Dweller_Benthos

Hey, Art, I can't seem to get the timescale one to w@&k now. I've tried the command line:

"D:\Games\Far Cry 2\bin\FarCry2.exe" -GameProfile_timescale 20 -GameProfile_SkipIntroMovies 1

And I've tried this in the actual GamerProfile.xml:

TimeScale="20"

Like this:

<GameProfile etc etc etc TimeScale="20">
      <FireConfig QualitySetting="VeryHigh" />
   </GameProfile>

Still no go. I know for sure I had it working before, I wanted to get a vid of the really fast weather effects, but can't seem to get it working now. Have you tried a high number to get the sun to go fast across the sky?

Never mind, wasn't setting it high enough to notice, gotta go 200 or 2000 or 20000..... and it takes a few seconds to kick in.....
D_B

RedRaven

hi dweller, not tried any of commands yet but does the order make any difference ? (i.e. putting nointro first?), or does the timescale w@&k on its own ? will try them on my system and let you know if get any luck but reckon Art may be the best font of knowledge.

Art Blade

I haven't tried yet but I think dke58 is right, timescale probably needs to be put last. That's how I did it. I have tried values like 24 and -12 but didn't see a difference... only the third test, 0, worked nicely, and that was what I wanted :)

Dweller_Benthos

I don't think it makes a difference what order they are in. I was just using a setting (20) that was low enough that you don't really see a difference unless you sit and wait, and I wasn't patient enough. :-) A setting of 200,000 is like, well, see for yourself:

[smg id=567 type=av align=center]

Dang, I just remembered I didn't try burning anything to see how fast it grew back. I might have another one tomorrow.
D_B

Art Blade

wow... very helpful and entertaining video, D_B!  :-X haha, looking forward to speed-fires :)

I'd never have thought of values that high LOL. At 2,000 it looks cool, like in the film TimeMachine...

JRD

.. and at 200,000 is like a World Rave party in Africa

ggnnnnnaaaaaahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa  :D :D :D :D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Tags:
🡱 🡳