Games you'll get in the rest of the year ?

Started by ninzza, September 08, 2011, 05:17:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ninzza

Which games are you planning to get in the last months of this year ?

There's a ton of games coming out in the last quarter of 2011 but there's only 1 game that I'm really excited for is The Elder Scrolls V- Skyrim. I've never been a fan of RPG, I played TES IV Oblivion a littile bit earlier this year but I got bored of it, however Skyrim looks so good in terms of  both graphics and gameplay.

Trailer:

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Official Trailer(HD)720p

JRD

1-Batman Arkham City
2-Assassin's Creed Revelations
3-Far Cry 3

Not necessarily in that order, of course.  ;D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

??? ??? ??? That trailer was awesome!  :-X

Currently not planning anything but I want

FC3 and can I imagine getting DeusEx Human Revolution. Skyrim sure looks fantastic, I was very fond of Oblivion already. :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

I'll bet that FC3 is on the top of most OWG members list, mine included.  The only other game I'm planning at the moment is AC:Revelations

deadman1

1.Battlefield 3 (Oboy OboyOboyOboyOboyOboyOboyOboyOboyOboyOboyOboyOboyOboyOboyOboyOboy)
2.Rage
3.Deus Ex:HR

Here´s a sneak peek at BF 3 SP

Battlefield 3 - Full Length "Fault Line" Gameplay Trailer

And some MP (watch in 1080p)

Battlefield 3: Caspian Border Gameplay

Fiach

I have Rage (Anarchy ed.) preordered.
Gears of War 3
Mass Effect 3 (2012?)
Skyrim
Uncharted 3
Saints Row 3

Crikey alot of threequels there! :)

(on my radar but not a guaranteed purchase) :

FC3 ( I hated FC1, but loved FC2, so its a wait n see for me)
Resistance 3
Dead Island
Batman Arkham City
Warhammer Space Marine
CoD (dunno what number it will be)
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

JRD

@Fiach... I wish I have more time to play as many games as you!  :-\\ ... CoD MW 3 if I remember correctly!  ;)

@deadman... wow  ??? nice vids there, mate! Battlefield looks great. Don`t know about gameplay though, I`ve seen many military shooters like that being just a 6 hours shot of adrenalyn, rinse, repeat ad eternum. It can be a great game (good looking for sure) but I would buy this if on a sale. Hope you enjoy it!  :-X

Fiach

Quote from: JRD on September 09, 2011, 05:52:59 AM
@Fiach... I wish I have more time to play as many games as you!  :-\\ ... CoD MW 3 if I remember correctly!  ;)

@deadman... wow  ??? nice vids there, mate! Battlefield looks great. Don`t know about gameplay though, I`ve seen many military shooters like that being just a 6 hours shot of adrenalyn, rinse, repeat ad eternum. It can be a great game (good looking for sure) but I would buy this if on a sale. Hope you enjoy it!  :-X

I wont be getting them all at the same time mate :) They will probably have a month between them, the radar ones I will be getting in bargain bins next year if I do get them :)

spaceboy

too many and like others some will have to wait a month or 2 or 3

I'm currently playing  Resistance 3
next up:
God of War Origins (psp remakes on PS3)
Ico and Shadow of the Colossus (PS2 remakes on PS3)
Batman Arkham City
Battlefield 3
War in the North
Uncharted 3
Skyrim
AC:R

I'm very curious about Dead Island for some reason even though I never play zombie games.  The open world idea is intriguing but I can't get myself to pay for it, maybe a rental, but then again starting right now with R3 there is nearly a never ending flow of games I want.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

JRD

Quote from: Fiach on September 09, 2011, 07:28:22 AM
I wont be getting them all at the same time mate :) They will probably have a month between them, the radar ones I will be getting in bargain bins next year if I do get them :)

Too bad, I was about to offer some help to finish all those games  :-D

@spaceboy..... no FC3? Really?  ????

And to add a game I`m tracking for a while that can be quite good

-Max Payne 3

I skipped MP2 but MP1 was great fun!  8) This time around he`s older, angrier and working as a body guard in São Paulo, my hometown!!!  ???

spaceboy

lol of course FC3, but I thought that is some way off yet and not due this year.  If the question is the next 12 months my list will be longer....and definitely include Tomb Raider  :)

ninzza

The reason I didn't mention FC3 in my list because I'm talking about games coming out this year.
It's a must buy for me and "almost" everyone here in OWG :) (except one heratic that is Fiach. Why you dare saying it's not a guaranteed buy ? I'll burn you on stake  >:D

JRD

I understand Fiach. He`s an RPG player rather than an FPS player. Besides, if you think like him, FC1 was crap, FC2 was great, it gives an average franchise so far. FC3 will - hopefully - change the balance towards a great franchise!!

spaceboy

I like the use of the word heretic!

FC3 to me is actually something I have a shaken faith based on the trailer with that crazy guy.  It just seemed too forced and turned me off.  I never played FC1.  So despite my love for FC2, I'm a bit unnerved by this character.  The Jackal was way cooler, and I never saw him anyways until the game.  What made FC2 great was the environment/the map.  I'm afraid they're trying to make it about an interesting character that is actually just annoying.

So yeah I'm interested of course, and it is assumed to be a must buy, but honestly I'm not as stoked as I thought I would be.  Then again, I haven't spent much time looking into it yet either.

Fiach

Quote from: JRD on September 09, 2011, 02:09:53 PM
I understand Fiach. He`s an RPG player rather than an FPS player. Besides, if you think like him, FC1 was crap, FC2 was great, it gives an average franchise so far. FC3 will - hopefully - change the balance towards a great franchise!!

This ^^ :)

deadman1

Well the main focus for BF 3 is the multiplayer as the BF series has always been MP first, but judging from the SP campaign the did for BFBC 2 I have high hopes for BF3. The good thing is that the MP has a ton of weapons which can all be customized in various ways, the devs estimate that it will take about 100 hours af gameplay to unlock all customizations for just one gun  ???. So I won´t have any problems filling up my spare time in the coming years  ;D.

Binnatics

For me, One purchace is sure:
Batman: Arkham City.
If FC3 arrives this year, that will be a sure purchase as well. I understand some have their doubts, but I'd just love to participate in discovering the game from the start; not with some years of disadvantage like in FC2 8)

On my radar are:
Deus Ex HR
Bioshock Infinite (not sure if it comes this year)
Rage
Saint's Row 3

And maybe more. There are indeed coming truckloads of games. I'm looking for a game that will entertain me for months. Not just a few weeks fun. I'm affraid Batman will be like that, but it's become a musthave for me :)
FC3, Rage and maybe even Saint's Row 3 will supply that amount of fun.
I've actually never played Saint's Row 1 and 2 much. Only a few hours on PS3. Wasn't impressing enough to me, but that has all to do with the controlers. I can't do without my mouse in shooters ;)
SR3 kind of intrigues me: Despite the fact that I don't like it because I would choose GTA instead, this new SR3 looks totally different. Just having fun overload!  >:D
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

spaceboy

Quote from: deadman1 on September 10, 2011, 02:41:05 AM

Well the main focus for BF 3 is the multiplayer as the BF series has always been MP first, but judging from the SP campaign the did for BFBC 2 I have high hopes for BF3. The good thing is that the MP has a ton of weapons which can all be customized in various ways, the devs estimate that it will take about 100 hours af gameplay to unlock all customizations for just one gun  ???. So I won´t have any problems filling up my spare time in the coming years  ;D.

I concur 100%!  Plus the beauty of Battlefield games is that, between the destructive environments and many vehicles the MP experience stays really fresh as it's never the same.

Art Blade

Great vid, deadman. ??? :-X  Incredible how much games these days look like Hollywood movies.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

Quote from: Art Blade on September 10, 2011, 08:24:39 AM
Great vid, deadman. ??? :-X  Incredible how much games these days look like Hollywood movies.
Indeed!!

I was shocked too by that movie. It sure looks like a great MP. I'm totally not into wargames (have had my portion after COD: BO). But that online warfare looks great. Totally different from the deathmatch-like games COD MP offers. Indeed real warfare.
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

mmosu

Well, if the question still is "what games are you getting the rest of this year", then my one and only answer is the Ico and Shadow of the Colossus HD re-release.  I was pumped when I heard it was coming out because Shadow was one of the only reasons I kept my PS2, and with the game now coming out for PS3, well, let's just say I'm running out of reasons to hang on to the old hardware  :-D

Actually there is one more title - my daughter has absolutely fallen in love with Little Big Planet (in fact, I'm watching her play it right now as I type this), so we're getting her LBP2 for her birthday.  So, not really a game for me, but it's fun to watch what she does with it  ^-^

spaceboy

yep - the ICO and SOTC collection is on my list and pre-ordered already!  I never played them but am excited based on what I know.  Also, I'm surprised your not adding the God of War Origins collection (coming out tomorrow) unless you already played them on PSP and don't need/want them.

As for LBP2, yes, and jump in on that game with your daughter for cryin' out loud!  Lots of fun LBP games are and most fun when played couch "co-op" with your kids.

mmosu

The GoW Origins looks cool, and I'll probably do it eventually, but it's just not high on the list right now.  I've been having somewhat of a gaming renaissance right now - giving some of my older games like Gran Turismo 5 and GoW3 another spin. 
I didn't realize you can do same-screen co-op on LBP!  :o  I'll have to give that a try!  Space, I think you're really going to like Shadow.  From what I hear, Ico hasn't aged as well, but Shadow is still an absolutely breathtaking experience, especially for those who haven't played it before.  I shall say no more [zipping motion across mouth] but I expect to hear from you as you play through it!  :-()

spaceboy

my man, you can do 4 player same screen on LBP, or any mix of 4 player local/online actually.  We've had me and two of my kids plus someone from our friend's list having a grand old time on LBP.  You can drop-in/drop-out as you wish.  I've been doing the renaissance thing a bit too lately with GT5, Motorstorm Apololypse, and BC2.  But I've been playing Resistance 3 on a rental - fun campaign! 

Good to hear about Shadow too!

mmosu

We tried LBP out this afternoon and it was great!  I didn't say anything, just powered up the second controller and dropped in - my daughter got so excited when she realized what was happening!  The look on her was priceless  ^-^

Tags:
🡱 🡳