Modding Borderlands (links, tips)

Started by mmosu, July 29, 2010, 11:26:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

I'm sure you'll immediately see its benefits (the shotgun) :)

The weewee boost is my sanctuary. I have never died since I started to wear it. (erm, except once, but that was due to a glitch when I got stuck and fired at with rockets constantly)

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mmosu

My Hardened Ironclad was that way for me - once I started wearing it Crawmerax was pretty much the only thing out there that could kill me without getting lucky.  Knowing that you have something like that in your inventory tends to give you a little extra swagger when deciding how to deal with a given situation  :-D

Art Blade

Quote from: Art Blade on December 25, 2010, 01:02:19 PM

And here my shield:

Impenetrable Panacea Shield
-- massive shield with very fast shield regeneration --

fast health regeneration
-- no more need for med packs ;D --

Just needed to tell you that this shield, in the end, is better than wee wee's power shield. It doesn't regenerate just as fast but it has a lot more protection to offer ("bigger" shield) and at any level it's practically unbeatable. I resorted to that one once I realised how wee wee's shield literally wore thin when under real pressure  :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

Just another weapon I'd like to share.. combined with a gunslinger class mod that regenerates ammo (or another revolver that regenerates it) it will be of use.. I had a lot of fun across Borderlands with it. Please keep in mind that it is a level 61 revolver.. >:D

AX300 XX Savage Unforgiven
------------------------------
DAMAGE:           337.56 x 7
CLIP SIZE:        6.00
FIRE RATE:        1.16
SPREAD:           1.57
RECOIL:           5.90
COST:             $7,695,302
RARITY:           80 (Dark Orange)
ACCURACY MINIMUM: 0.47
ACCURACY MAXIMUM: 7.50
CRITICAL DMG:    +300%
RELOAD:           2.27 sec.
TECH LEVEL:       2.00
TECH POOL:        8.00
ZOOM FOV:         14.0
DPS:              1899.03
AMMO REGEN:       0.
BURST COUNT:      0.00

gd_itemgrades.Weapons.ItemGrade_Weapon_RevolverPistol
gd_manufacturers.Manufacturers.Jakobs
gd_weap_revolver_pistol.A_Weapon.WeaponType_revolver_pistol
gd_weap_revolver_pistol.Body.body5
gd_weap_revolver_pistol.Grip.grip4
gd_weap_revolver_pistol.mag.mag4
gd_weap_revolver_pistol.Barrel.barrel5_Jakobs_Unforgiven
gd_weap_revolver_pistol.Sight.sight5
gd_weap_revolver_pistol.Stock.stock3
None
gd_weap_revolver_pistol.acc.acc2_Masher
gd_weap_shared_materialparts.ManufacturerMaterials.Material_Jakobs_3
gd_weap_revolver_pistol.Prefix.Prefix_Quality3_Savage
gd_weap_revolver_pistol.Title.TitleM_Jakobs1_Unforgiven

PZ

Dang, I wish you could mod FC2 like this!

mmosu

Nice  :-X
I usually put the 2-shot cylinder in all of my revolvers.  It comes with a big damage bonus and Mordecai reloads pistols so fast when at a high proficiency level that you can still almost fire it continuously despite the small capacity.     

Art Blade

There are times when I am just happy that I have a 6-shooter, and this particular one deals a LOT of damage per shot. Those 3 times you'd have to reload a 2-shot gun always cause you to lose aim and you'll have to watch how in those moments a horde of enemies gets closer and closer.. if you miss, you're screwed. So I keep a 6-shot revolver at hand and only my chimera stays in my holster in case I can afford that 2-shot with elemental damage. Those two revolvers basically are all I need.. the rest is for fun and giggles  ;D

Art Blade

Quote from: mmosu on January 20, 2011, 07:03:48 PMMy biggest issue with rockets is the really slow projectile speed.  For some reason I can never judge a moving target well enough to hit it with a slow rocket, and sometimes I have trouble with even stationary ones.  Some orange level rocket launchers have increased projectile velocity and Lilith's "quicksilver" skill can help with this also by increasing projectile speed.  For my money though, I like to use this guy: 

dlc3_gd_customweapons.Pearlescent_Weapons.CustomWeap_RocketLauncher_TorgueUndertaker
gd_manufacturers.Manufacturers.Torgue
gd_weap_rocket_launcher.A_Weapon.WeaponType_rocket_launcher
gd_weap_rocket_launcher.Body.body5
gd_weap_rocket_launcher.Grip.grip4
gd_weap_rocket_launcher.mag.mag5
dlc3_gd_weap_UniqueParts.RocketLauncher.barrel2_TorgueUndertaker
gd_weap_rocket_launcher.Sight.sight5
gd_weap_rocket_launcher.Stock.stock5
None
gd_weap_rocket_launcher.acc.acc5_Incendiary
dlc3_gd_weap_UniqueParts.RocketLauncher.TorgueUndertaker_Material
gd_weap_shared_materialparts.Prefix.Prefix_Torque2_Steel
dlc3_gd_weap_UniqueParts.Title.TitleP_Torgue_Undertaker

Pull this pearlescent during a fight and watch everybody else crap their pants  :-D  Big damage and big mag capacity  :-X

I tested it.. with my lvl69 Mordecai and a weapon efficiency of 50  >:D Sure packs a rather impressive punch, and that big 10 incendiary rockets mag is quite appealing  :-D

mmosu

It packs enough heat to give just about anybody and 9 of their friends a really bad day!  :-()

Art Blade

Hehe :) I was on a random ravage trip and ended up wreaking havoc in The Lost Cave when I found a regular but nice heat-packing rocket launcher in one of those crates and thought, why not.. it was fun. Then I remembered your beast and had to try it.. NICE  >:D

Tags:
🡱 🡳