inFamous 2

Started by spaceboy, March 07, 2011, 09:21:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spaceboy

Ok, not alot of PS3ers on this site...but this PS3 exclusive is my most anticipated game this year.  I loved the first one and have been replaying some of it lately as I'm so psyched for the 2nd installment due in June.  I love climbing up buildings and power slamming to the ground or just falling and landing in a tumble (still gets my gut to do this) or gliding gracefully down while I do an electric/static hover - yes there are 3 ways to "land" while jumping off buildings.  From anywhere!  No looking for birds nests and haystacks like Ezio!!!

Anyways, the newly announced feature of being able to create and share missions, placing enemies etc. just made me doubly excited for it.  Below are some vids of good and evil gameplay as well as info on the mission making ability.  OH BOY indeed!!!  ;D   

And PZ - I like the new banner - thanks for that! (that's actually Cole 2.0 and they went back to Cole 1.5 lol - perhaps I'll see if I can find a good image that has the final look of Cole on it.

Infamous 2: Good Route Gameplay Trailer

Infamous 2: Bad Route Gameplay

inFamous 2 - User Generated Content Creator (HD 720p)
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

PZ

Impressive, space - how do you think inFamous compares to JC2?  When I first saw JC2, I was not inclined to get it because of the 3rd person view, but was pleasantly surprised and it quickly became a game that is one of my favorites.  Now I'm interested in inFamous because it is so visually appealing.

PS: I'm glad that you like the board banner  ;)

spaceboy

funny you should mention that because I was trying to think of what it is about inFamous that appeals so much to me and freedom of movement is definitely one of them.  The other being that Cole has awesome powers but is quite vulnerable at the same time.  Both of these aspects are so perfectly balanced in my opinion.

JC2 gives you of course more freedom with vehicles (Cole uses none).  But you still get that freedom to climb anything and jump/glide from building to building, and fall without getting hurt.  You won't miss vehicles though because if you have superpowers who wants to drive a car?  So in that sense it's more like Assassin's Creed except again you can jump off anywhere and survive, in fact doing a thunder drop is an awesome method of attack.  So you can climb, jump, run, hop on a train or car for a ride, or when it gets unlocked you can grind on the power cables or train tracks (just watch for trains lol).

You will fight enemies that have superpowers and others with just guns.  Cole can't use a gun though as it would explode in his hand.  His powers though are so similar to what guns, grenades, and rocket launchers would do that it is really easy to feel comfortable even if you don't typically like supernatural powers.

He does not take bullets well so you have to play a bit defensively at times by getting good vantage points, using the environment well, and prioritizing your attacks.  You also need to "reload" your powers by sucking electricity from various places (street lights, power boxes, cars, generators, AC units, or if you want to be evil - straight from any knocked down human or enemy). 

I do really think you'd like it PZ after knowing how you took to JC2 and AC series.  The development of his powers in the first game just keeps getting better. You unlock them throughout the story and spend XP to upgrade them.   To quote Cole when he gets the ability to glide/hover "Oh hell yes!".

I also thought of you with the create your own mission ability since I know we always thought how great it would be if the FC2 editor had NPCs you could place.

PZ

Quote from: spaceboy on March 07, 2011, 10:01:46 AM
...I also thought of you with the create your own mission ability since I know we always thought how great it would be if the FC2 editor had NPCs you could place.

I was just going to post this thought!  After watching the 3rd video, I immediately lamented the lack of this feature in FC2 (and AC).  When watching the video, there are parts where you see jungle and other exotic areas - are these extensive?  i.e., how large is the world in comparison to JC2, FC2, etc?

It looks like you need quite a bit of skill to move like we see Cole moving - are these timed events or do you have the freedom of planning?

I imagine that you can create missions that are entirely in the jungle if you wish - presuming of course that the jungle world is large enough.

The in game graphics are outstanding, which is one of the first aspects of a game that attracts my attention.

spaceboy

Well inFamous 2 is in a whole new city (based on New Orleans btw) so I'm not sure how big the map will be.  The first game's city consisted of a set of 3 islands -all city, no jungle, just a few parks  ;).  All connected via bridges.  Cole can't swim for obvious reasons so you were contained that way...

The size of all 3 islands together I'd say might be similar to Rome in ACB.  They weren't huge but with they were the right size.  Big enough but not huge.  Some different architecture is used on the different islands (the third is the historic district).

Honestly the controls are pretty tight and responsive.  Cole has "sticky hands" lol which helps in jumping from building to building.  It's quite intuitive and of course you develop some powers over time and the game does a good job introducing them all to you.

You can usually plan pretty well, but of course the best laid plans...  You can use the buildings to your advantage and get a high ground.  Often times if things go bad you have to duck into an alley and find some juice or else quickly climb to high ground. 

Oh and a good tip is you can use your normal electric jolt to repower up used generators and such so you can always recharge.  You never run out of your normal shot, but the powered up powers you use are fueled by "cells" I think they're called.  You gain more of these by finding blast shards around the city.

spaceboy

...oh and a truly wonderful soundtrack

If you're interested at all in #2 I highly recommend playing the first.  Of course it's fun, but also there is a twisty storyline that you'll want to know and it's best to experience first hand while playing and getting invested in the characters. 

PZ

It looks promising, space - thanks for posting all the information.  I can honestly say that I'd probably not have looked into the game if not for your post.

spaceboy

no problem.  Another tip for the first game is to choose straight away if you want to play through as good or evil.  I think the story fits being a good hero better - I liked it more, but of course being evil is quite the release because you can just be as destructive as you want.  But either way you upgrade your powers on either side and certain levels require more Hero or Infamous status so the best upgrades are found by being all good or all evil.  ...if that makes sense.

The powers are all the "same" good or evil, but good upgrades generally make them more precise where evil upgrades make them more destructive.

spaceboy

the game is out TODAY!!  Can't wait for tonight to start it up.  :)

I'm so stoked for this, I've already downloaded and started listening to the "Blue" Soundtrack.  The "Red" Soundtrack comes only with the "Hero" edition of the game....so that along with the other goodies made me break down this weekend and upgrade to Hero.

Plus, I really wanted that bag!  The pic in the link below sold me (hopefully it comes through as it looks).  We are heading on vacation soon and I think the bag will be great.  (Plus all the DLC and extra soundtrack and cool statue of course)

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/05/24/infamous-2-hero-edition-the-unboxing/

Here's some user video that shows some awesome gameplay.  It looks like it takes the first and "amps" it up (pun intended)

InFamous 2 Gameplay Death Toll Mission

Fiach

Not out here until Friday :(

Any game that gives you points for knocking down mime artists, gets my vote :)
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

spaceboy

I hear that!  -  hey then you simply must try PAIN the download game from PSN. 

Fiach

Think I'll stay away from PSN mate, did you see the selection of games they offered as compensation for the outage, I know they are free, but what a crap selection, Infamous and Wipeout and LBP are great, but anyone that would have been interested in them would already have them lol :)

spaceboy

well I agree the selection sucks since as you say most anyone interested would have already had those.  I'd have preferred just a $10 credit to my account to spend as I please.  But that won't make me stay away.  There is other good stuff I want or DLC for games etc.

Fiach

Oh, that wouldn't make me stay away, I was thinking of a security perspective, I think the hackers will consider PSN an ongoing challenge :)

Art Blade

lol Fiach  :-() 8-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Tags:
🡱 🡳