GTA V favourite radio stations

Started by Binnatics, October 03, 2013, 01:48:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favourite radio station in the new GTA V?

West Coast Classics - 80's/90's West Coast Rap. DJ: DJ Pooh.
1 (20%)
Radio Los Santos - Modern Rap. DJ: Big Boy.
0 (0%)
Los Santos Rock Radio - Classic Rock. DJ: Kenny Loggins.
0 (0%)
Non Stop Pop FM - 1980's - Modern Pop Music. DJ: Cara Delevingne.
1 (20%)
Lowdown FM - Soul Music. DJ: Mama G (Pam Grier).
0 (0%)
Rebel Radio - Country Music. DJ: Jesco White.
0 (0%)
Soulwax FM - Techno Music. DJs: Soulwax.
1 (20%)
Space 103.2 - Funk Music. DJ: Bootsy Collins.
2 (40%)
Vinewood Boulevard Radio - Alternative Rock. DJs: Nate Williams and Stephen Pope.
0 (0%)
Channel X - Punk Rock. DJ: Keith Morris.
0 (0%)
WCTR - Public Talk Radio.
1 (20%)
Blue Ark FM - Reggae, Dancehall, and Dub. DJ: Lee "Scratch" Perry.
1 (20%)
East Los FM 106.2 - Mexican Electronica, Traditional song, Hip Hop, Rock and Ska. DJs: Don Cheto and Camilo Lara.
1 (20%)
WorldWide FM - Chillwave, Jazz-Funk, World. DJ: Gilles Peterson.
0 (0%)
Radio Mirror Park - "Indie" Music. DJ: Twin Shadow.
0 (0%)
FlyLo FM - IDM, Experimental Electronic. DJ: Flying Lotus.
1 (20%)
Blaine County Radio - Public Talk Radio.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Binnatics

Dear fellow Thefters,

I've always loved the radio stations in the franchise. Wasn't it for the music, than it was for the DJ's with their weird personalities and humour and / or the funny and shocking commercials. This new GTA V has 17 :o different radio stations, all with their own different type of music and I must say some amazing DJ choices. What about Bootsy Collins selecting your in-car audio, or the one and only Lee "Scratch" Perry?

Time for a poll. Since it's hard to choose only one favourite, you may choose 5. But remember; not a single one of your choices may be posted without a sample 8) So dig up your favourite song or lyric or whatever fragment on youtube and share :)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

nice idea :) +1 :-X

Unfortunately only console users will be able to vote until the PC version is available :(

And I was surprised to find Bootsy Collins in the cast of this game, too (saw it some time ago when checking voice actors) :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

I guess you proved yourself wrong already, since you've experienced far more from the game than most 'live thefters' ;)
Quote from: Binnatics on October 03, 2013, 08:48:28 AM
I must say it's funny to see that someone who's not able to play the game knows much more about it than two people playing the game :laugh:

Good w@&k, Art :-X ^-^

But it's open for an unlimited time and it will give us PC freaks a bit to chew on until we get our hands on the stuff as well ;D
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

as far as I can tell, my fave station would be Space 103.2 - Funk Music. DJ: Bootsy Collins. :)
GTA 5 Radio Preview: Space 103
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

lol, I didn't know there were so many radio stations.  I've listened one with Elton John that was good, and another trucker one when I stole a semi that I enjoyed.  Will have to sample more before I vote.

Art Blade

Just happened to listen to an interesting track on Mirror Park, Jai Paul - Jasmine (Demo)
[GTA V Soundtrack] Jai Paul - Jasmine [Radio Mirror Park]

PZ

Art Blade

they had that song there, too? if so, interesting choice.

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on October 24, 2013, 05:05:56 PM
they had that song there, too? if so, interesting choice.

lol, not really; just reminiscent of the older Simcity music, which I like by the way - the newer music is not so tastefully done (in Simcity)

Binnatics

OWGKID

East Los FM all the way :-(), much to my friend's annoyance  :laugh: >:D
LEGACY

Binnatics

Thanx for you reply GKID, as you can see most players are waiting for the PC version :-D

OWGKID

Right now, it must be the Self Radio  :-D :-()
LEGACY

PZ

I like the talk radio station - reminds me of the vintage radio commercial tracks I installed into Fallout 3.  Might do the same in this game.

Art Blade

Binnatics

I voted today, finally can make a good choice 8)

My favourites are;
- West Coast Classics;
- Space 103.2;
- Blue Ark FM;
- Non Stop Pop FM;
- FlyLo FM.

And now I forget Rebel Radio, which should be amongst those 5... :D damn, I like them all :-D

Art Blade

I can add Worldwide FM now. Some nice tracks there :)

Dweller_Benthos

It's really weird, as much as I love listening to music in the car IRL, I can't stand listening to music in games. For some reason it just annoys me. Same as in FC4, as soon as I get in a vehicle, I turn the radio off. I wish there was a permanent setting for it. It just bugs me, I don't know why.

Even other games that have background music, I turn it off if the option exists. the one exception is Minecraft, doesn't bother me there, don't know why. That game has a different pace to it anyway.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

I almost always switch music off in games, like permanently. If I want to listen to music, I can have some mp3 in the background and fire up the game on top of that.  :-D

PZ

I do both depending on my mood - sometimes music, other times not.  Usually music when I first play the game, then switch it off for more realistic ambient environmental  effects.

In GTA-V I use the "Self" radio station with my vintage radio advertisements.

Stiku

I mainly listen to Soulwax and LS Rock radio, but been known to turn it to Los FM also.

Binnatics

Quote from: Stiku on May 19, 2015, 05:42:23 AM
...but been known to turn it to Los FM also.

You mean East Los FM? I love and hate that radio station. It has some great songs, but I HATE the DJ and the jingles. EAST-LOS-EFFE-EMMEEEEE!!!!!!!! Yug!!

OWGKID

Nice way to learn some Spanish   :laugh: :-D
LEGACY

Art Blade

OWGKID

Gotten in love with Rebel Radio :) Quite catchy 50s and 60s country music ;)
LEGACY

Tags:
🡱 🡳