mmosu

[mod]
FYI
This topic has been split from
Cheers!
fragger
[/mod]

Thanks Binnatics, you are a gentleman and a scholar  :-() :-X

I propose another contest - actually, a bounty of sorts - I'll put up another 100 credits of my own to the member who finally convinces Art Blade to give Portal a try!  Dead or alive gentlemen, dead or alive!  :-()

Art Blade

I might give it a thought..

..when hell freezes over >:D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mmosu

Binnatics

Well, how to convince Art..... let's see....

He actually should get a first hand impression to be convinced, but since he refuses to install the game....
:ideas that's it!! I'll make the impression an "inside OWG Portal experience"!!!!

Fasten your seatbelt Art, here we goooo!!!!!!!

As a good start it's necessary to get inspired a little and off course take some rest. So let's move to the introduction spot where we'll get organized.
Just click here to start the tour!!!!

"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

You forgot to create a portal that brings us back here.. I just did that (how's that for coop) :)

I've seen a lot here. But never so much effort to get me to do something you guys want me to do. My lines rendered silly (scooba-diving cow.. excellent retort, then) and my own efforts useles (simply by ignoring me) and then a bounty on my head (hehe, nice one). And now I've had no choice but to chase through the entire forum following a trail of cake crumbs (that, my friend, was outstanding  ??? ??? :) :) :-X :-X)

AND EVEN MAKE ME PLAY ALONG by making me add a last portal to get back to here.

So, Binnatics, another pat on the back.. AND THIS TIME I'M GOING TO HAMMER THAT KUDOS SLAP ON YOUR BACK  :-D :-D :-X

Guys.. I can't let my friends down. Thanks for all your efforts :) I'm glad to be here with you and..

I'll buy that FRICKIN' game  :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

Outstanding, Binnatics... that`s a mind twisting trick you pulled    :go

Worth some kudos for that, mate! Well done!!
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

spaceboy

THAT was incredible Binnatics.  Simply awesome.  ...and it even got Art to sign up as a new test subject!  great w%&k!

(I still think he should play the first game first though... but that might be too much to ask)  8-X
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Binnatics

^-^

Outstanding finish there Art!!!! You're getting a hang of this...  :-X :-X  ;)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

Quote from: Art Blade on April 26, 2011, 11:20:20 AMI'll buy that FRICKIN' game  :)

I didn't say when, did I?

<runs away screaming, dodging thrown objects>  :-D

fragger

:-D Now that is worth a kudo, Binnatics! That's the most original trick I've seen anyone play here, brilliant :-X

That's what thinking with portals can do for you :-()

PZ

^+-+  What a great trip - excellent job, Binnatics!  :-X

Kudos to you  ;)

mmosu

WOW! That was both hilarious and effective!  :-X
I am impressed sir - go your way in peace, with my handprint on your back and some grease on your palm, you are now 100 credits richer for delivering on the first OWG bounty hunt!

spaceboy

holy cow Binnatics - despite your efforts to evade her, GLaDOS has taken over OWG.  The PORTAL 2 banner and logo are on every page!   I like the logo - don't actually recognize that shot on the banner - perhaps it's from co-op or early concepts, or my memory is failing.

But she's definitely hijacked PZ and Art now!!!

Art Blade

deadman1

Binnatics that was absolutely awesome!!   :bow I can´t even imagine how much w@&k went into making that  ??? you have surely deserved a huge amount of kudos for that.

Binnatics

Thanx a lot for the nice replies all of you!!!!  :-[ :-[ :-[

It was just great working it out. When the idea came, the rest followed fluidly. It's just that this forum is so damn great and varied that the rest of the 'crumbles of cake' actually came asking to be put.  ^-^ And thanx for all these kudos  :-[ :-[ :-[

By the way, GlaDOS did some nice w@&k with the childboard!!! Kudos for GlaDOS, as soon as I find out who she bribed  ;)

Oh, and Fragger, excellent idea to split and close the 'launch day' topic. It was ment temporary from the start, so it's good to move on!  :-X

JRD

Quote from: Art Blade on April 26, 2011, 02:59:56 PM
Quote from: Art Blade on April 26, 2011, 11:20:20 AMI'll buy that FRICKIN' game  :)

I didn't say when, did I?

<runs away screaming, dodging thrown objects>  :-D

Ok, Art... the whole The cake is a lie thing IS a lie... there`s cake in the end... yummy, moist... all flavors...  and think about that tune...  ;D

Art Blade

No worries, guys.

I mean to buy and play that game asap, within the next couple of days. So stay tuned. :)

Meanwhile you better get a grip on your bullet-proof vests and that sort of thing in case I don't like that game  >:D

spaceboy

Quote from: Art Blade on April 27, 2011, 11:22:46 AM
No worries, guys.

I mean to buy and play that game asap, within the next couple of days. So stay tuned. :)

If you're going to go for P2 then at least watch some video playthroughs of the first game.  It'll at least give you the background of the relationship between Chell and GLaDOS.

Art Blade

JRD

Or go for both P1&2... P1 is a great puzzle game but you can w@&k your way to the 13th level in about 30-45 minutes and I`m sure P1 can be found very cheap anywhere you go   ;)

Art Blade

if, I mean IF  the game is halfway acceptable, then  I might consider getting Portal1. So far I'm not exactly convinced P2 is going to be my new fave game, but I'll try. :)

JRD

I don`t think of Portal to be a fav game either but it`s certainly a refreshing innovation in the world of gaming. The best part is when you start to think in portals, then you can say you twisted your old fashion Newtonian physics concepts  ;)

Binnatics

Quote from: JRD on April 27, 2011, 01:58:45 PM
The best part is when you start to think in portals, then you can say you twisted your old fashion Newtonian physics concepts  ;)

That's definitely the great advantage, great way to put it JRD!!!! :-X

I remember the first time I had to use my falling velocity to reach a distance after going through the portals... I got dizzy and desoriented. I thought what I did was luck, and I guess that's what it was. But after a few more times I just left the dizzyness behind and enjoyed the ride ;)

In fact, I can almost 'hear' myself going through a portal now, allthough there is no sound included :)

Art Blade

I'm curious as to how the visuals will be on my rig, on my screen. I hear the graphics are amazing without needing a monster graphics card. Not that I was afraid it couldn't handle it, so far it has handled everything maxed out, but still.. new games with good visuals are very much appreciated. Plus, I'll be able to take screenshots, one of my favourite pastimes. :)

Thinking about shooting holes into the structure to pop through walls and all that is also something I'm probably going to like. I was never afraid of heights and never experienced vertigo, so that shouldn't be a problem either.

I'm looking forward to the voice action as in witty comments and dialogues and so on. As far as I know, they're supposed to be brilliant, so that's something I'm really looking forward to.

Alright, then :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳