Reading maps

Started by JRD, January 31, 2010, 07:10:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRD

These are silly question, actually, but I feel quite confusing when reading the maps in SoC

For instance:
In Cordon I see some markings on my map
- Right north of Sids place and the village where Wolf is there is a mark saying: The backpack is near the village. One of the stalkers choked by the newbies' camp. Check out his goods
I get there and there is nothing there, just anomalies and dogs  :(
- The house compund northeast of this place, near the bridge with train cars: there is also a marking on my map saying Good of the shooter: Hid the goods right under the roof of the little house by the bridge... again only cigarrete butts, anomalies and badguys shooting at me (they are no more, of course  ;D )
- East of the road, also by the bridge: The cross by the bandits camp: I hid the habar by the bandits camp under the cross..... cant seem to find a damn thing there as well

Also, I seem to die stupid deaths sometimes... when I equip an artifact, it sucks up my energy... so I get protection from radiation but that same protection ends up killing me... WTF??  :P

Anyway... I didn´t get really into the game even though it got my attention due to theworld it presents... I know I need some more time at The Zone, but any light on the subject is much appreciated!!

Cheers
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

RedRaven

Quote from: JRD on January 31, 2010, 07:10:02 AM
These are silly question, actually, but I feel quite confusing when reading the maps in SoC

For instance:
In Cordon I see some markings on my map
- Right north of Sids place and the village where Wolf is there is a mark saying: The backpack is near the village. One of the stalkers choked by the newbies' camp. Check out his goods

Each stash you find out about gets marked on your map with a little purple radiation symbol (see below)

[smg id=1918]

That one can be tricky to spot, it is a rucksack dropped on the grass (see below)

[smg id=1919]

Will post solutions to the others shortly ;D
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

RedRaven

Quote from: JRD on January 31, 2010, 07:10:02 AM

- The house compund northeast of this place, near the bridge with train cars: there is also a marking on my map saying Good of the shooter: Hid the goods right under the roof of the little house by the bridge... again only cigarrete butts, anomalies and badguys shooting at me (they are no more, of course  ;D )

Here it is on the PDA.
[smg id=1920]

It is in the small tower on the left.
[smg id=1922]

And here it is.
[smg id=1921]

Consider them similar to diamond cases from FC2. Except that a stash will only have things in it AFTER you have been told about it (through exploring you can find alot of empty ones then later find out from a corpse its a stash).

As for Artefacts will start a separate thread for those ;D
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

JRD

Quote from: RedRaven on January 31, 2010, 08:12:05 AM
As for Artefacts will start a separate thread for those ;D

That would be a very welcome post to me my friend...  :-X

As for stashes I now see what you mean... they are hard to see and I get what they are good for!! Man, I've been to that compound several times looking for that stash... geez  :(

Cheers Red  :-X

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

Only now I`m getting used with the minimap feature  ???

You are the white dot i the middle of it and other dots are friendlies or foes nearby (green=friendly; yellow=neutral;red=enemy).
The small number at the bottom right corner of the minimap shows how many targets you have around you. Everytime a target is added to it you hear a "blip" that alerts you someone has just appeared on your surroundings, giving you time to check who it is and its possible intentions!
There`s also a white little arrow that, if I`m not really mistaken, points you towards the nearest passageway to another area of the Zone!

RedRaven

The arrow points toward the current mission selected in your PDA, that way if you have several missions on the go at any time, which is highly likely, then you can use your PDA and minimap to help you navigate toward the next objective of your currently selected mission.

wexer9

Stashes are very valuable. You will get some of the best loot from them. Remember to search every corpse!

Tags:
🡱 🡳