Destroying a Weapons Cache

Started by Roaven, August 13, 2009, 01:52:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roaven

((Well, after going through the mission, I realized, I hadn't been hit once. Not once. The amazement prompted me to write this up.))
I went into Mike's to see that Flora, who previously gave me a hand when I got wounded out in the field, had been replaced by Josip and now had some w@&k for me to do. I approached and spoke to her. After a brief conversation, I learned that one of her friends had some weapons in a house the APR seized, and wanted them to be destroyed before the APR found them.

I went to the garage where I had my weapons stored nearby, taking a Dragonuv I had recently purchased, a PKM, and a pack of IEDs to destroy the cache itself. I drove the assault jeep sitting outside into Pala, taking a bus to the North-west bus stop and taking the buggy there. I drove along the road, but took a shortcut, intending to go around the lake north of the Ranch I was going towards.

However, I lost control of my vehicle and plunged into the lake, ditching my vehicle and surfacing. ((The textures didn't load at first, I didn't know there was water there)) After retrieving a pair of diamond from a briefcase on top of a submerged vehicle, I exited the lake and noticed a lone APR soldier there. I crept through the short grass with my machete before sprinting fully towards the man. He turned, but I was already upon him, slashing across his back and shoulder and knocking him to the ground. I then plunged my machete into him as he lie on the ground, killing him.

I drew my sniper and continued towards the ranch, attempting to avoid a patrolling jeep. They must have seen the body, as they pulled off road and the driver left to investigate. I drew my machete again and sprinted at the gunner, sliding underneath the weapon so he couldn't fire. As he left the turret I attacked him with my machete, killing him. I looked around and spotted the driver near a small tree, disposing of him quickly as well.

I walked along the road, climbing up a small incline to the left of it, drawing my rifle and surveying the area. I quickly tagged the turrets guarding the entrance, supplies, and vehicles on my map before firing upon one of the guards. He fell, but his partner escaped from my view. Another jeep stopped just beneath me, both of its occupants dismounting. I killed one and wounded the other, leaving him laying on the ground. I advanced into the compound and planted a charge on the weapons cache, restocking my ammunition along the way.

I saw a man carrying a wounded guard to safety and wounded him as well, leaving him and his friend laying there. I then attacked a guard running for the machine gun turret near the front, his body falling into the open trunk of a car chassis nearby. I found another diamond in a boarded up room, leaving to escape. However, another guard had manned the turret, suppressing me. I ducked behind some cover and waited for him to fire a burst, then sprinted at him.

I closed the distance quickly and killed him as the other, with my machete. Satisfied, I placed my remaining charges around explosives and vehicles. I saved my final charge on the jeep next to the wounded mercenary, detonating it, grabbing the other jeep that had driven off road, returned to the bus, Pala, then mikes, and told her about the job. Just another day at the office.

retiredgord

Good mission Roaven and a good write up. I like the fact that you can get in close and use the machete alot.
Keep them coming.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

Art Blade

very nice story, I like your style (both writing and fighting)  :-X :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Roaven

I did her second mission recently, which involved ambushing a convoy, I'll write it up too if anyone wants

PZ

I agree, great recount of your adventure; I could place myself with you as you traveled.  If I'm not mistaken, the second Flora mission is the one to ambush Mbantuwe's furniture convoy southeast of the southeast bus stop.  Coincidentally I did that mission this morning (and the cattle ranch mission yesterday).

I'd love to hear about your furniture convoy mission and I'll bet that everyone else would as well.  :-X

Roaven

Thank you all for reading and voicing your opinions. Such positive feedback really means a lot to me. Flora's Convoy mission was easier than I expected, so I'll pass that up. I believe((May be wrong)) I still have to do that french woman's missions, so I'll see about those, and if I don't still have to, I'll write up a few story missions, since I've only done the first APR one.

Art Blade

Roaven, I hope you like writing and if you do, you are very welcome to post your stories. Don't worry about whether or not we want you to post them, just do it if you are ok with it - the audience is ready for you  ;D We all love stories, and if one mission is told by various members, it is even more interesting because we like both diversion and different approaches, again, both in writing and fighting styles. If you are simply asking because you need somebody to telly you "yes please" then here you go: Yes, please  ;D Looking forward to reading more from you  :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

retiredgord

Roaven please keep the stories coming.  Take it from me, the old windbag, the stories will be read. Everyone does them different and you can get some REALLY GOOD ideas form the postings.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

fragger

Looks like we have another bard on board! Hope to read more rollicking war stories soon, Roaven!  :-X

Tags:
🡱 🡳