Game rating: Assassin's Creed 2

Started by PZ, August 26, 2010, 11:37:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Game title
Assassin's Creed 2

Category            Rating            Comments
Story line7A bit better than average, the story kept me working toward the goal to discover the next piece of Ezio's life story.  I really like the idea of the main character living in current times visiting historical Italy as one of ancestors - that alone made the game worthwhile for me.
Graphics9Technically the game plays really well, and my personal preference lies toward graphics like you see in AC2.  There are times when you feel like you're watching a travel show video of the 15th century buildings in Italy.
Sound8The music is top notch, and the characters believable.  All of the sound effects were excellent - none of the head-banging music that I've experienced in a few other games.  In fact, the music is good enough to listen to on my iPhone!
Game play8When I first played and was not accustomed to the controls, I was a bit frustrated by some of the chase missions, which were of the timed sort that I normally dislike, else I'd have rated this category a "9".  However, as my proficiency in the game improved, I began to enjoy even those.  There can be problems with the controls in both the console and the PC version as far as ease of use.
Replay value7I'm on at least the 6th or 7th play through at various stages of completion.  I think I completed the game (minus feathers, glyphs, and such) at least 3-4 times, and am very much looking forward to the next installment of the game, Brotherhood.  At that time, I'll probably play through the original again in preparation for the new game - I can't wait!

Final thoughts
I love being in 15th century Italy, sword fighting with the AC2 version of govmen :)  For a history buff, this game might be something you would enjoy - spread throughout the game are places about which the game contains interesting facts.

The graphics are excellent, and remind me of the old Howard Hawk John Wayne westerns - the lighting is perfect!

Tags:
🡱 🡳