Assassin's creed IV - Black Flag announced...

Started by PZ, March 04, 2013, 10:11:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

... to be released in October of this year.

Quote from: UbisoftBlack Flag will focus on the "golden age of piracy," as players explore the Caribbean as a buccaneer during the 18th century.

Story: http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/gaming/2013/03/04/ubisoft-assassins-creed-black-flag/1961361/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_GDeIee6Kc#ws

Art Blade

looks very interesting! Release Oct 29, 2013? And one word springs to mind.. "delayed" >:D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on March 04, 2013, 01:50:40 PM
... "delayed" >:D

You know it, my friend.  Ubi likes to release a new AC game once a year; reminds me of the flu - a new version each year.  :-()

Art Blade

hehe, only difference is that flu tends to knock you out while UBI games tend to make you want to knock them out
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

:laugh:

... of course, I tend to feel knocked out when I play those chase sequences, or pointless "Hoyt" knife-style missions  :D

JRD

Quotelaunching on Oct. 29 for the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Nintendo's Wii U

Seriously?? No PC version??  :angry-new:

Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

PZ

... as usual...  :-(

I've been playing AC Brotherhood lately and it reminds me how much I miss the old Europe feel of the game.  While AC3 was a relatively good game, I missed the rooftop running and general feel of the stone of old Europe.  Rotten wood is just not the same.

PZ

JRD

Nice... but it doesn't show much of the gameplay.

I'm afraid it will be too eye candy with nothing new to add but naval battles. I think Ubi is now trying to take as much money as they can get from a massive, well established fan base but lost the will of bringing innovative gameplay with content as they did before in the franchise.

After AC3 I can tell you this is not a game I will pre order and most likely will get it on a end of the year sale if the reviews are good!

Man... I sound bitter don't I?  ????
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

Quote from: JRD on May 15, 2013, 11:51:17 AM
After AC3 I can tell you this is not a game I will pre order and most likely will get it on a end of the year sale if the reviews are good!

I'm with you on that... AC4 almost looks like AC3 but with way more added naval battles (which I really didn't care for too much).  I'm waiting for more game play and if that is indeed the case, then I'll either not get the game at all, or wait for the bargain basement unless the game play videos show something really spectacular to offset the annoyances.

Quote from: JRD on May 15, 2013, 11:51:17 AM
Man... I sound bitter don't I?  ????

:laugh:  You, me and many others I suspect.  Especially those that played the AC series from at least version II.

Art Blade

PZ

I just watched snippets of this two hour video of cut scenes and some game play, plus interviews.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_p778G6na0#ws

The world is massive (largest yet), with many islands and several cities.  Havana is supposed to give you the feel of the buildings in AC2, while another is more like the colonial America in AC3.

A couple things I like that make the game somewhat promising:

• a new weapon - blow tube that shoots berserker darts - the person hit will fight everyone in sight
  • the game is highly focused on stealth, and significant changes were made to encourage you to use a stealthy approach, which was always my favorite

I think I will get the game after all, and then report here how much it sucks  :-()

Art Blade

durian

One thing pops into my mind when watching this vid: Pirates of the Caribbean
He who understands others is intelligent
He who understands himself is wise (Tao Te Ching)

PZ

Quote from: durian on October 24, 2013, 01:33:14 PM
One thing pops into my mind when watching this vid: Pirates of the Caribbean

That's exactly what I thought!  The beautiful graphics and great variety in scenery is what prompted my change of mind to get the game.

The leap of faith towers are now fast travel spots because the world is so big, and when you take forts, they are yours - they will attack enemy and you have safe haven within.  The fighting mechanics are again improved.  I also like the underwater scenery - you use a diving bell for air, and can gather lots of treasure, needed to upgrade your ship.

There are also harpoon areas as you travel the oceans, in which you can make money harvesting things from sharks to whales

Art Blade

the only thing that pops up in my mind is, "oh fudge, it's from UBI"

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on October 24, 2013, 02:16:41 PM
the only thing that pops up in my mind is, "oh fudge, it's from UBI"

:laugh: exactly - that's why I'm already anticipating ranting about how I hate the new timed events - and that there will probably be some kind of boss fight - how about a kraken?

PZ

Resumed AC Brotherhood last night  for a couple of hours - was lots of fun since I'd already completed the game and was only doing side missions... and wreaking havoc with my assassins  >:D

Art Blade

PZ

Art Blade

OK. Any pre-order bonuses they might not give to their customers, any delayed postponed release dates yet?  >:D

PZ

:laugh: the guy at gamestop said to pick it up Tuesday

Art Blade

PZ

Supposed to pick up the game today - might even be able to load it onto my system and start a game.  Don't know when I'll be able to actually play much though - I still have not cracked GTAV since the last time I played, and now I've forgotten the controller layout  :-()

Tags:
🡱 🡳