Latest Content

Started by Art Blade, June 25, 2009, 01:05:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gvse

I had increased framerate stutter following patch application but did a defragmentation and all is good now.

RedRaven

yeah, same here, but have also been proper messing about with mods & launchers all day too.
  got a really infuriating problem with addons/launchers at moment.....have tried 4 different launchers and having same results , or lack there of!
- it goes like this -
1>  instal launcher as per instructions
2> first addon is always @CBA  from bohemia studios,
3> have then attempted countless ways/ methods/ combination of such to get the damn thing to run other mods!!!
only way have been able to do so is to copy all .pbo files into addon folder inside the CBA.
  have now reached point where just want to play so they are all in the one folder. have been thru all files One-by-One and all ones playing with at the moment w@&k, as they should. Have any of you guys had Anything similar ? if so how did you crack it cos its not been a fun day  :(
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

PZ

Has this happened only after you applied the patch dke?

RedRaven

no, started day or two ago when tried out a launcher, at first it was just bit annoying as was just testing each mod wanted to look at / use and was doing that 1by1, idea of a launcher is ace, reckon i must just be doing something ever-so slightly wrong, just started to get very frustrated at following instructions and it failing, and of course each persons instructions differ slightly too.
  Basically what i,m trying to do is use the Alpinestars launcher ( link posted by PZ ), then the CBA stuff incase of any file dependancies, then the other half dozen mods i use nearly all time in a list below. Am fine up to and including
C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA2\@CBA\addons
(thats as described in CBA files) i know the other folders go after that but just cant get it to run the mods unless the files are just in folder without own folder, so i`m missing out on the Listing/switching aspect of the Launcher.
  Hopefully i'm just being King Dunce again, but so as not to start knocking my walls down with my skull - what do i do next, wanting to add AI_dispersion, FPShelper, bb_mercs. cheers guys :-X
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

PZ

I like that launcher very much - it allows me to add any of the checked mods, plus it also starts the ARMA1 maps that gvse provided the link to.  Here is how I do any mod (and get it to w@&k in the launcher):

• First look in the zip file to see the folder structure.  If you see a @ symbol in front of the folder then all you need do is extract that folder into the Program files/ARMA2 folder.
  • If you don't see an @ symbol, then create a folder with @ as the first character of the folder name.  Then within that folder create another folder called "addons".  Place the mod into this addon folder.
  • When you start the launcher, it should tell you that there are new mods installed and it will restart itself - then the new mods are displayed.  Evidently the launcher is looking for the @ symbol and will assume that there is an addon folder within, and that the addon folder will contain the mod.
  • To start up the Sahrani (and other maps), I use this command line: -mod=x\caa1;x\oac\oac_core in the Additional command line parameters box within the launcher.
One other thing I do is to set the priority of the CBA mod first, then the ai_dispersion, followed by others depending on what I think the priority should be.  From your description, it almost sounds like the CBA mod is being loded after mods that depend on it - resetting the priority should do the trick.

RedRaven

cool, thats one of the first ways attempted , created folder for the with  @ in frony for th bb mercs nad blackops cos use it in my profile, thatow i actually first noticed things amiss because it could not find mask/goggles/helmet.
  not tried new lands yet as wanted to get this all done right before adding more and bigger files, the only one i did try failed ! says in notepad file needs filesa from A1 aswell as A2  :(
  cheers for the nice & simple step-by-step too. was starting to think of writing one when got it sorted, must of attempted every possible combination of @'s and folder placements.will let you know when got it as it should be ;)

PZ

It turns out that you don't need any of the ARMA1 files (must be true because I don't have it and the ARMA1 maps w@&k fine).  As far as I can see, all you need is the folder structure exactly as specified in the instrux, and to call it as I mentioned in the last post.  Good luck - I know how these things can go!

One characteristic of the v1.03 patch is handy - alt-F4 works to get out of the game.  never worked before on my system.

RedRaven

going to slap myself,,,,, realised that on some of them was not putting files in a folder named Addons ! ! ! sorry bout that. so now each mods string is as follows - C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA2\@guns\addons\guns.pbo

thats just an example. so far my preferred handful are working as expected. still got a few files i've pulled down that dont w@&k but looks like thats for different reasons. mostlty A1 mods etc.

just fingers crossed that the UK forces bundle i've finally got works ok

PZ

Cool - once you have the pattern down, then they all w@&k the same way.  Also, the launcher takes care of the housekeeping automatically as long as you have @ as the first character of the folder name, and that you have the .pbo in an "addons" folder beneath.  Unfortunately some of the ARMA1 mods don't w@&k because of the way they were scripted, but some w@&k just as well as if they were designed for ARMA2.  Th Fedain campaign is a good example.  It is kind of cool to see a campaign other than Harvest Red

RedRaven

its all groovy again :-X , cheers. knew it would be something simple and silly thatd i/d missed. Can get on with making some vids now!
still have couple of wierdness episodes with 1 or 2 mods, wish jad recorded latest - had put a mod in that gives 2 WWII Opal wagons and 2 kubelwagons.all well done 3d models, stared ga :-X me up, it showed the zooming in on the land where the car was spawning, then all of a sudden i;m a basic civi woman on the Aircraft carrier !?! Good job had Lost Key active, was able to teleport onto the land and summon up one of each vehicle to play with, the big wagons just made me think of Indiana Jones,

RedRaven

Spoke to soon!!!!!  oh well, binned it all. disk clean & defrag then fresh instal, driver update and straight onto patch 3 it is....
  first stop, armoury (got to start it all again). looked at basic list and could not make up my mind so went for Crashed UH1.  but the system had other ideas, so it turned me into Sportswoman and stuck me on the Aircraft carrier.....  Wasted half hour looking round it - There is Nothing at all, and then tried to dive off the end only to die on contact with the water :(
  so either having no player profile OR picking a crashed Helicopter gave me chance to be a lonely tranny for half hour..... So now i need big fast gun and Large Hard Tank therapy ! Back to the Killing Fields it is ;D

PZ

Glad that you sorted it out, but it's too bad that you had to clean off your drive.  I did a funny one with the Lost Key yesterday - assembled myself a squad of hookers.  They behaved like a proper unit - obeyed orders and all.  Brave unit they were, being unarmed and running into battle right by my side.  ;D

JRD

Quote from: PZ on August 07, 2009, 08:37:43 AM
assembled myself a squad of hookers.  They behaved like a proper unit - obeyed orders and all. 

Err... what orders specifically?  ;D ;D

Oh, the bachelor life!!!   ;D ;D ;D ;D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

rofl!  ;D ;D ;D
I'm at my PC reading/posting, just fixed myself a latte with a bit of Bailey's Irish Cream, and am also texting with my wife.  Sounds goofy, but we just exchanged pictures of each other sipping coffee in our respective places.  yes indeed.... the bachelor life!  :-X

Art Blade

PZ, PZ, tsk tsk tsk  ;D

try if your hookers know how to drive a vehicle... I wanted one of those civilian chicas as my personal chauffeur but the bihatch didn't enter the driver's seat! (Or shall I say thank you to the devs, considering how male AI drivers "drive"...)  ;)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

If a hooker is picking you up and driving you on a date.... who's paying who?  ::)

Art Blade

you need to find out yourself  ;)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

She pays for the dinner and I pay for her services... we call it even  ;)
Not a bad deal at all  ;D ;D ;D

RedRaven

the one i found just sat in the back of the truck looking mardy !
  also a mod called UK_BRITISH_FORCES_PACK_V1.0 doesnt w@&k at all  :( :'(  it looked so promising too with 12 land rovers, 8 harriers, troops and weapons. so tonight will be playing in different colours M1A1 after kicking out the other crew members and putting them to death,  might ,ake a squad of Assassin-Priests and Teachers too as they look comical sprinting across a warzone   

RedRaven

oh yeah your not paying a Pro for any sort of service or company. you pay them to Leave ! :-X

JRD

Quote from: dke58 on August 07, 2009, 11:43:35 AM
oh yeah your not paying a Pro for any sort of service or company. you pay them to Leave ! :-X

Huaahuahuahuahuahuaa  :-X

PZ

I found a WWII mega pack with vehicles, buildings, etc, and even a mission set in Germany.  The developers had a video that looked great - unfortunately a couple of mods are evidently looking for a particular version of ARMA1 - v1.08 so it too won't load  :'(

RedRaven

reading your last post was a proper case of

smile - Bigger Smile - UBER GRINNER -  Frown - sniffle

would so so love a WWII edition of ARMA, so long as its t same high standard. sadly have only found the Opal Truck & Kubelwagon one, give me few mins and will send you where it s from as got NO memory cells this week :(

PZ

You'll love this one then.  There is an ARMA1 mod called Invasion 1944 which basically changes the entire game into a WWII simulation.  The good news is that the developers are planning to port it to ARMA2. 

Quote I44_John :
We (Invasion 1944) have some people that got the German release version of ArmA2. So someone decided to put the addons in ArmA2 to see how it would w@&k out. All of the files were put in unedited. There are some issues, like (hidden) selections not working anymore, the ODOL model format may have changed (ODOL models of the soldiers didn't w@&k, only MLODs), some sounds are screwed up, but all in all the straight-forward port seems to have gone through with a minimal amount of problems.

Here are a couple of interesting links:

Invasion 1944

The project

Preview video

RedRaven

O momma ! going hunting for that shortly, can see it now  - - -  Panzers + Tigers, cheers for letting me know, had not come across any reference to it any where yet, seen a few Nam style bits but Nam sucks.

[smg id=1132]
cant recall which of the two sites they are from, but good fun.  oh BTW, that library PDF you found is brilliant :-X 

EDIT: I fixed the post so the media would show.

Tags:
🡱 🡳