Metro Last Light 12 minute gameplay

Started by ninzza, August 25, 2011, 06:38:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ninzza

Art Blade

What I find strange in a way is that I like to watch someone play METRO but I have never felt the desire to play it myself. I watched an entire playthrough of M1 on youtube (and saw the "right" ending), and I am as fascinated now watching this trailer.  :)

By the way, did you see the comment at the beginning, this vid is based on a pre-alpha code of the game..  ???
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

ninzza

Metro 2033 and this game looks very good and very atmospheric but I dont want to get them because of the linearity. I like open game, that's why I prefer STALKER.

I didnt read the comment at the beginning. If it's only pre-alpha, then I can't imagine how amazing it will look in the final version  :o

Art Blade

Sometimes it's just the other way round: They start off with a mind full of great ideas and put them to code and then, in the final stages, they come to realise that for whatever reasons (deadline) some of the stuff won't make it into the retail version. Which I hate.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Impressive graphics - the first part of the intro reminds me of the Fallout series, but with nice graphics  :-()

I might get this one despite its linearity when the game becomes old and less costly.

ninzza

Quote from: Art Blade on August 26, 2011, 01:35:48 PM
Sometimes it's just the other way round: They start off with a mind full of great ideas and put them to code and then, in the final stages, they come to realise that for whatever reasons (deadline) some of the stuff won't make it into the retail version. Which I hate.
That could happen and it happens.
But I think that wont happen with Metro LL because THQ said they would support 4A Games more than they did with Metro 2033 to make it better.

"We believe that Metro 2033 was a flawed masterpiece," said Danny Bilson, EVP Core Games, THQ. "It was a beautiful, original game that didn't get the marketing support it needed. We won't make that mistake with Metro: Last Light. This game improves on the original in every way – it will have more polish, deeper and more sophisticated gameplay, and satisfyingly visceral combat, without losing what our fans loved about the original. Metro: Last Light is another artful piece of game development from an Eastern European studio that will thrill and terrify anyone looking for a more cerebral experience than your typical first person shooter."

PZ,

I might get it as well when it's 50% off.  :)

PZ

Indeed - 50% off sounds just about right  ;)  :-X

Jim di Griz

Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer  - Major Holdridge
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Art Blade

The original metro was too much of a corridor game (linear), and this looks pretty scripted, too. However.. it does look nice :)

Jim di Griz

Yes, I did find the way those wolf-creatures closed in a bit suspect and scripted.

Not having played the original (and for some reason I had the impression it had been around for quite some time) I hoped that the gameplay style might be more evolved.

Worth keeping an eye on though, hopefully.
Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer  - Major Holdridge
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Art Blade

Back then I decided to watch two different playthroughs on youtube, both with vocal comments. So I never got the game because what I saw didn't convince me. It was fun to watch, though (mostly to listen to the cynical comments of the uploaders) :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳