Need final numbers for curiosity

Started by retiredgord, February 15, 2010, 05:01:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

retiredgord

Hi all. Has anyone researched the final numbers on locations and quest? I'm curious as to the final counts. I haven't done the Waters of Life as yet. I believe this is when I'll
get my chance in 87 and the bobble at 101. Also, Broken Steel, is it included at the end of the game as another quest or do I have to go online (PS3) to get it?
Again thanks for any info you can give me. I don't want to wander around too much longer before going to see my pappy.  LOL :-X
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

Art Blade

I can't say. I've got a book for FO3 that exceeds 450 pages. So you get an idea  ;)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Ricamundo

I've never been able to return to vault 101, even during Broken Steel, unless ive missed something.  :-\ Gord, best to google the quest thingy and look for a Wiki link, there's a ton of info about fallout 3 there. As for locations, there's a perk called "Explorer" which is available at some point. Grab it, and all locations, both discovered and undiscovered, show up on your pip.

Im not sure how the addons like Broken Steel w@&k with PS3 or XBOX. I guess you have to D/L them. I bought the PC version with all the addons included, so once installed, i was notified in game once i excited V101 that the mods were activated.

Now, about BS, i couldnt get BS to start once the main quest was completed, until i de activated the Fellout mod for BS which must have had a conflict of some kind, but anyways,...SPOILER>>>.. BS takes you to locations that you may have discovered during the main game, but were locked, such as the White House underground bunker, among others. :-X
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

Art Blade

Hmm, BS? When I see "BS" I read it as "Bullsh..."  ;D Sorry  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Dweller_Benthos

Broken Steel I guess, though I always think bovine excrement when BS is metioned.

A friend is going to give me his copy of this game, so I guess I'll be trying it out. He liked the first two, but I guess they are more strategy/RPG where 3 is more shooter? We'll see. I'm still trying to finish my second run in Call of Juarez 2, and I still want to get another run in FC2 before the winter is over.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

cheers, Broken Steel... lol @ bovine excrement  ;D

I never played FO1+2, only 3.

PZ

Sorry I can't add anything useful because I too have not played the prior versions.  For me, FO3 starts out more like a role playing game, but when you are on PC, you can mod the heck out of the game to turn it into quite the respectable FPS.  I've filled my FO3 world with opponents (human and mutant), added a killer sniper rifle and aiming mod so that it had morphed into what I consider a good FPS.

Ricamundo

Its my understanding that FO1 and 2 were both 3rd person, and i dont know if first was even an option like in FO3. I think Bethesda was just trying to cast a wider net by making it first/third to bring in shooter fans, and obviously, it worked. 8) I assume FONV will be the same, although ive not seen any screenies to prove it, yet. :-\

Yeah, you'd a thunk that someone @ Beth would have looked at the title Broken Steel, and realized the initials were going to cause a few chuckles. Alternatives? Shattered Steel? SS?  hehe, i dont think so. :( Melted Steel? MS? sounds like a disease. ??? Perforated Steel? PS? Something you almost forgot to mention, so you stick it on at the end. :P Steel Magnolias? Already taken. ;D Steely Dan? Too 70's. ;)

Ok i shut up now.. :P
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

Art Blade

hehe, funny thoughts on abbreviations there, Ric  ;D

PZ

lol, that is a good one, Ric - here's another thought - maybe one dev group said to the one that were developing the DLC and said "man, what a crock of BS!" and the acronym stuck - then all they needed do is find a name to fit the acronym.

QuoteMelted Steel? MS? sounds like a disease

It is - it's called Microsoft

;)

Dweller_Benthos

ewww..... honey, don't go near that guy.... he's got the microsoft!!!!

hmmmmmm......  micro .....  soft .......     sounds like a personal problem to me, but if your woman doesn't mind, then who am I to say anything? LOL
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

Art Blade

;D ;D ;D :-X

Reminds me of that little small talk situation:

- You know you've got charisma, don't you.
- Really? f@#k me, I must have picked it up from a toilet seat.

PZ

Tags:
🡱 🡳