Far Cry 4 mods wishlist?

Started by OWGKID, December 30, 2014, 03:35:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OWGKID

The guys at nexusforums have already began to mod Far Cry 4. It is still difficult to do mods yourself right now due to the Dunia 2 unpacker tool isn't optimized for Far Cry 4 yet. So I wonder, what would you guys like to mod in Far Cry 4?

I'd like to increase wallet size, all ammo bags, weapon FOV and more things.
List:
Player

• Increased jump height, 45-50 meters
  • Increased walking, running, crouch speed
  • Faster climbing speed
  • All skills unlocked from start

Weapons

• All weapons unlocked from start
  • Weapon FOV set between "120" and "139"
  • 3 attachments slots for all weapons
  • All attachments available (silencers for the shotguns/LMGs >:D)
  • Gold paint for all weapons (I love gold guns :-())
  • Increased/Decreased firerates and magazine capacity based on the in-game weapons IRL stats
  • SILENCED AMR

Crafting upgrades

• Max loot items increased to 1000+ items total
  • More ammo for all weapons
  • More syringes in total
  • Have an insane amouth of throwables (You can NEVER have to much explosives right?  >:D :-D)
  • Carry lots of C4 + Mines
  • All wallet sizes increased
  • Increase/decrease skins required to craft stuff (You may want to buy the autocross from start  :-() )

World

• North Kyrat unlocked from start
  • All prices increased on everything, ammo sold on a per-bullet basis (need extreme amouths of cash to buy ammo  >:D)
  • Re-arm the bad guys

This is essentially what I want to mod in the game   :-() :-() :-() :-() :-()

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/2347149-far-cry-4-mods/
LEGACY

fragger

Just off the top of my head:

Fewer aggressive animals, or at least fewer numbers of them, i.e. longer respawn time.

No "Sidearm only" slot - be able to put any weapon in any slot, as in FC3. I assume they created the Sidearm-only slot to accommodate the drive-and-shoot feature, so I don't know how tricky it might be to get around that.

And it might be a big ask, but I'd like to be able to grapple anywhere, not just where the designated points are. But then again, it should theoretically be doable. It was in modded Quake II MP like about 14 years ago.

OWGKID

The Sidearm thingy can probably be changed by editing the coding for the weapons.
LEGACY

Art Blade

I would like to increase the ability to climb slopes, to be able to climb steeper hills and rock walls.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

All what has been mentioned plus unlocking all maps and/or areas from the start.  Unlocked all weapons either for free or for minimal cost.  In fact, unlock anything that is something you need to achieve by "accomplishing" mindless foolishness just to advance in the game.

There are two reasons for my wants.  First, I am a rather casual gamer that easily becomes bored if the challenges are too high for my abilities, so having everything available from the beginning allows me to enjoy the game my way.  Second, I cannot imagine a real-life open world scenario where one would be using a boat or whatever, being denied access to an area with a warning: "You are leaving the area, desynchronizing in 30 seconds..." How ridiculous is that!  The only time I really enjoyed FC3 is when the cheats and mods became available.

Also having cheats for jumping higher, unlimited ammo, God mode, etc. like in prior games would definitely be a plus.

Excellent topic, by the way  :-X

OWGKID

Thanks! :-() I'm agree with you, I'd like to have North Kyrat accessed immediately from the start and all weapons available. Can't wait for the tools getting updated  :-()

Forgot that :D produced the headbanging face :P :P
LEGACY

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

I'd like a mod that makes it possible to add the new guns FC4 brings to the FC3 game environment ^-^
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

OWGKID

That would be AWESOME  :-() :-() :-() :-() :-() :-() :-()
LEGACY

Art Blade

PZ

Quote from: Binnatics on December 31, 2014, 05:01:54 AM
I'd like a mod that makes it possible to add the new guns FC4 brings to the FC3 game environment ^-^

Oh yeah, that and the gyrocopter, however because graphics are involved it will take much more w@&k than the simple patch compilations we amateurs do

OWGKID

Yeah, I wonder if FC3 will glitch if I add the FC2 patch.fat/dat into the FC3 Win_32 folder  >:D
LEGACY

Art Blade

OWGKID

Far Cry 3 worked fine EVEN with the FC2 patch.fat/dat  :o :o :o :o
LEGACY

Art Blade

crazy. :) Just don't mess it up too much  :-()

OWGKID

I have the original files so it shouldn't be a problem  ;)
LEGACY

mandru

If jump height is increased 35-40 then it would be important to be able to land safely from a jump that high.  ;)

Or even be able to make a jump down to a lower position from a starting position of that height.
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

OWGKID

Yeah, in FC3, I had to tweak the fall damage distance parameter. If set to "0" you would die from jumping :D :laugh: I sat it on 100, 200, 400 and 1000. I think I need to do the same in FC4, I'll die in-game if I don't ;) :D
LEGACY

fragger

Art Blade

I remember modding that in FC2, pulled off a massive jump height, and was utterly surprised when I didn't land but cratered, resulting in my own death.  ??? :-D

fragger

:laugh:

So you like to leave an "impression", eh? :-()

mandru

I've played far too many magic lamp with three wishes scenarios in my head to be tripped up by overlooking simple factors.  :-D

- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

fragger

OWGKID

Quote from: Art Blade on January 01, 2015, 04:24:51 AM
I remember modding that in FC2, pulled off a massive jump height, and was utterly surprised when I didn't land but cratered, resulting in my own death.  ??? :-D

Ha ha xD In FC3, it was very practical with a high jump height. Towers were easily disabled :-() :-() :-()
LEGACY

Tags:
🡱 🡳