I need a new game.

Started by LinkHero, November 07, 2016, 04:39:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LinkHero

Hey guys,

I am getting bored of my current games and wan to ask for recommendations.

I need a game which has
1) FPS
2) Open world.
3) Modern guns, not make believe ones.
4) Okayish graphics, not horrible, but not too demanding either.

Basically, something like fallout, but with real guns.

Can anyone suggest some games for me ??
I used to have an open mind, but then my brain fell out.
-Random Person.

Dweller_Benthos

Fallout with the real world guns mod?

But seriously, I have no idea, but I wouldn't mind a new game too, I went back to GTA V just for something different over the weekend.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

I'd go with a modded Fallout  ^-^

Art Blade

GTA V, both single- and multiplayer.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

If you are really looking for a FPS, I wouldn't recommend GTA V. Although the game has everything else you ask for, plus a great storyline and an immense multiplayer game, the FPS isn't really doing it for me. I know others like Art lime the FPS a lot, for me it's a 3rd person game and not exactly made for FPS.

I am also kind of looking forward to something you describe. Getting to the end of my GTA V addiction and looking at Steam there isn't much I'd really go crazy about.

Well, maybe that isn't too bad after all, I've spent way too much time in Los Santos the past 1,5 year :-D
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

OWGKID

The other Far Cry games (3 and 4) are decent. Storywise, FC3 is better, but 4 has more weapon diversity and somewhat lackluster story (Considering Ubi being total assholes back then and went quantity over quality).  Not sure if you have them, but they are fun.

The Fallout franchise might also be something to look at, never played any of them, but you can mix things up by downloading some mods >:D
LEGACY

fragger

Art slipped in ahead of me, I was going to mention Far Cry 4. I'll leave my comment about it below as it stands.

I can't really think of anything LinkHero. I'm pretty much looking for that game you describe myself :-()

I can think of a couple of older games which despite being less advanced graphically than today's shooters still hold up extremely well. They don't meet all the criteria though. There's Half-Life 2, which isn't open-world - in fact it's very linear - but nonetheless has a very immersive game environment. Doesn't have real-world weapons either but they're not too far-fetched or ridiculous (the .45 Magnum revolver in that is very cool). It does have some of the best voice acting and "real-world" physics I've ever seen in a game. There's Call of Duty 2 which has authentic WW2 weapons and is a non-stop action fest (with minimal scripting compared to later CoD titles) but is not open-world, although a couple of the missions are somewhat non-linear.

The only game I can think of that ticks all the boxes is Far Cry 2, but evidently you've played the dickens out of that one :-() So have all of us here I think, but I'm back into it at the moment for old times' sake. Have you played Far Cry 4? I quite liked that one, it's better than Far Cry 3 but isn't enormously resource-friendly. I have to run it with many graphic options turned down or off. Even so, it still looks terrific. It's Ubisoft's typical brand of open-world, where you can only access half the map until you reach a certain point in the story. There's some mythological druggy nonsense too but not as bad as Far Cry 3.

If you do find that game you're after, please tell me ;)

nexor

I do the rounds between FC2, Medal Of Honor 2010 and Battlefield Bad Company 2, MOH and BC2 are semi open world and comes second to FC2 as far as I'm concerned  8-X

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

LinkHero, perhaps Saints Row: The Third is something for you.

fragger

Whoops :-[ Sorry guys... Had a senior's moment :-D

(I won't technically be a senior citizen for another 9 years, but I might as well get in a bit of practice)

Art Blade

LinkHero

Quote from: Art Blade on November 08, 2016, 09:30:44 AM
LinkHero, perhaps Saints Row: The Third is something for you.

Thanks a lot, Art Blade. This game is AWESOMETACULAR !!!!
-Random Person.

Art Blade

Welcome :)

Hehe, I loved it, too. Lots of laughter :-D

Also, it is one of the very few games that I enjoyed so much that I managed to get 100% completion ^-^

Enjoy and have fun  :-X :)

OWGKID

I installed the Tank radio mod and increased the HP and the speed of the tank. None of them have a radio enabled by default. You might as well get SR IV, this game is also cool. Grab the games on a steam sale, they usually go for like 66-75% off ;)
LEGACY

Binnatics

Be warned though with SRIV. It's so much over the top that they sort of  created an entirely new game. You don't need cars any more, although there are still plenty, and all you do is jump. And the city is the same. I found it an enormous let down after enjoying SR3.

Bargain bin sale I'd say ;)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

agree, IV was simply put: crap.

LinkHero

So, after a month of lazy relaxed gaming, I finally completely completed Saints Row 3.

I have to say, I got a lot of laughs along the way. Completely crazy game, that one.
Anyway, I'm back to square one. What to play now ? (Classic example of first world problems  ;))
Pls give suggestions. In the meantime, I'll just play LoZ on an emulator.
-Random Person.

OWGKID

I'm currently enjoying Watch Dogs 2 ^-^
LEGACY

Art Blade

next: (this year's) Hitman.

PZ

Watch Dogs 2 for me as well.  Finishing up another play through of Uncharted 4, one of the best games I've played for a while, even though it is open linear.

Binnatics

Link, you seem to be in need of a game that lasts. Pick GTA V. Believe me, it does. It is the bigger brother of Saints Row. If you like SR you are definitely going to like GTA. Months of gameplay guaranteed. Especially if you like to move on and do GTA Online as well. I'd be happy to show you around in there ;)

Art Blade

agree.. so far, I've racked up 4,200+ hours of gaming time playing GTA Online (including a few hundred for the single player campaign) :-X

Binnatics

Steam tells me I played this game for 2804 hours now, that took me 1,5 years. And still there's no other game really dragging my attention from it. I've had a short period of a few weeks where I played No Man's Sky, 82 hours.

GTA Online got me hooked big time. I am thinking about buying Battlefield 1. But there's still so much to do in GTA Online, I really don't have time for other games right now.

Oh, and if you buy it this week, you will be able to enjoy Los Santos in the snow!! Every year around Christmas they change the city into a winter wonderland; brilliant!!!

Binnatics

This is what you will be seeing soon, and it's just a glimpse of all the stuff you will be enjoying in the next future:

[smg id=9435 type=preview align=center caption="20161217160447 1"]

The newest free update to the online world gives you crazy new jobs, vehicles and properties. Here's a pic I took yesterday when testing the new stuff:

[smg id=9436 type=preview align=center caption="20161216210040 1"]

Tags:
🡱 🡳