Marine SpecOps Vacation: A trip to Africa (FC2)

Started by Art Blade, October 22, 2009, 01:51:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

After a week of OFP2, it was interesting for me to return to Africa (FC2). First of all, I needed to remap my keys in FC2 to match OFP:DR :) Then I changed my kit to match OFP2, so I got a Desert Eagle, a Dragunov Sniper Rifle and a SAW machine gun. Oh, a Medic's Kit, too.

Relocation: Marina Naval Base Mike at Bowa Seco

Primary Objectives:
* Destroy the radio transmitter at Dental Clinic

Secondary Objectives:
* Eliminate any APR and UFFL resistance,
* Destroy or Disable any hostile Vehicles,
* Eliminate Patrols and Spotter Teams
* Return to base

Team Orders: Move to base.

Drop Zone: Safehouse near objective.

I am on my own. It is not a good idea to drive a vehicle without a gunner. I'm my own personal medic, so I'm prepared to start the mission on foot.

The world is a sea of colours. I notice how strange the noises are, both ambience and my footsteps. I make a lot of noise, if I brush a bush, even when crouched, it sounds like walking on rice paper. I can't run when crouched. The baseball slide is cool, however. I can't go prone for some reason. I have no laser range finder binoculars. My combat knife is impressive, though.

First encounter, I hear an Assault Truck approach and I take cover behind a tree, crouched. I watch the patrol pass, my sniper scope trained on them. They didn't see me, good. Time to check the gear, I shoot at the gunner and miss because I aimed too high. No ballistic rounds here... Next shot takes the gunner out and the driver turns his truck around, he doesn't get out to seek cover... instead, he tries to ram me! I whip up my SAW, amazingly quick weapon change, and shoot at the driver. My SAW has an amazing low rate of fire. I can even count the rounds as I squeeze out bursts of four and five rounds. It is amazing how many rounds the driver can take to his chest, he's still alive, so I put a couple more rounds into him. Reloading the weapon is rather quick. Bodies don't disappear after five minutes and I can see their kit lying on the floor, no searching bodies.

When I enter the compound, I hide behind a tree and check the area for enemies walking around. The target cannot be reached unseen, it is below a guard tower with a sniper on top, and there are patrols walking around as well as guys loitering, and everybody carries firearms of kinds. So I have to go in loud. First, I take out the sniper with a clean headshot, then flip around and snipe two more guys in the head. I am a bit concerned at how slowly the rifle works, takes ages until a new round is chambered. Everyone is on alert and starts to assault my position, but I am on the move, already. I take down the first guy who rounds a wooden fence, through which he and his mates can shoot at me, I am taking a few hits, yet I can't penetrate the fence with my weapon to shoot them. And he soaks up bullets like a pot of coffee soaks up sugar cubes. Now I don't want to waste my time finishing them off any more, enough taking them down and switch to the next target, and the next. They tend to die quickly only if shot in the head, so I change my aim and focus on headshots.

This is crazy, so I chuck a few grenades at the feet of some guys and over the fence, then use the time to reload my SAW. I hear people making funny sounds when they walk into flames and I shoot and wound bystanders. Time for a syrette. That was a quick healing! I hear dying sounds behind me, so I kill in front of me. After a few minutes Dental Clinic has turned into a boneyard, and I destroy the radio emitter. Mission primary completed, only need to return to base now.

(skipping details)

After all, this was like walking the dog out. I am looking forward to returning to this place, but vacations are over, back to the real thing.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Love it - especially the part about your combat knife  :-X

FC2 on Skira island

RedRaven

sweet. Good to see the Dragunov in your list :-X .

The lure of FC2 is hard to resist.....
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

fragger

Lol, Art! ;D :-X

Hope you don't forget about all of us poor slobs stuck in Africa while you're off gallivanting around Skira Island!

(Just joking mate - have heaps of fun, and top some of the blighters there for us) ;D

Art Blade

cheers, guys  :)

And there are no poor slobs stuck in Africa, only good friends spending a teriffic holiday  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on October 23, 2009, 07:37:51 AM
And there are no poor slobs stuck in Africa, only good friends spending a terrific holiday  ;D

Cheers to that!  :-X

Tags:
🡱 🡳