Biker DLC - Bug report (filed to Rockstar support)

Started by Art Blade, October 08, 2016, 09:01:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

I just sent this to R*

QuoteBIKER DLC-related bugs

1) Clubhouse Vespucci Beach

- Mural 2 disappears and reverts to the default Mural 1
  Most of the time I only see the default Mural. Sometimes the one I paid for "returns" but won't stay. I cannot reproduce the circumstances, it seems random.

- The blue corona has disappeared inside the club. It's where I should be able to arrange the bikes. Same happened to a friend.

- Custom Club Name is not visible for other players
  They see "Motorclub MC" or something like that, a screenshot I took in a friend's club where I couldn't see his custom club name only shows an empty board. That player said in my club the board's letters flickered. Maybe that's why the screenshot shows an empty board.

- Bikes seem to sink into the concrete floor a couple of inches. As if the concrete was still wet..

- Gun Locker (maybe same with CEO?) does not support all weapons. For instance, if all mellee weapons are hidden, I still have the golf club and the crow bar when using the weapons wheel. Same goes for the "Pistol."

- Favourite Bike (with health boost) -- seems to be randomly picked by the game. It took several hours riding the bike I wanted to be my favourits. Before, it was a bike I am pretty sure I hadn't uses half as much as the one I wanted to be my favourite. Even stranger, a friend of mine had the Bati as "favourite" which he didn't even remember having used used since the DLC was released. It took ages to get the one he wanted. It is incomprehensible how that works. It might be a good idea to allow the player to hand-pick their own favourite bike, just like you can determine where to respawn.

2) Ammu*Nation

- VIP Variants of the Heavy Revolver and the Switch Blade are locked again. Bodyguard Variant remain accessible. I used to have access to both of them.

Dear Support Team, appart from the bugs listed above which I'm sure you're going to try to fix, I have one additional request:
Because of the Mural bug I decided to test whether or not a renovation would help. So I spent $226,500 (Oct 8, 2016 at 12:28AM) which, frankly, I wouldn't have done if the mural hadn't reverted to the default. And it didn't solve the problem. To be fair, I kept the mural still shown as active so I didn't spend money on the mural. I spent $175,000 on the club name (which wasn't visible for other players) and $51,500 for the club emblem, too. However, I'd really appreciate a little in-game financial support for my attempt to solve the problem like that :)

Good luck with all those bugs, I know I'm not the first and not alone with stuff like that. I love the Biker DLC and I do hope that you guys manage to fix those bugs.

Thank you very much and my best regards,

Art
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

And I just added this:

QuotePS: Almost forgot, because I left it untouched in the club

Nagasaki Chimera (trike)

- No bulletproof tyres available.
I wouldn't have bought it if I had known about it before.

It's got to be an accidental omission by Rockstar. I understand if you don't offer rims but PLEASE offer bulletproof tyres. I had already spent $210,000 on that trike, and armour $50,000 and I think brakes $40,000 when I was informed via voice chat about the missing wheel options. I decided not to upgrade that trike any more until a patch solves the issue. Else I would very much appreciate a 100% refund (50% selling it as is and 50% by you) because I don't need a vulnerable vehicle like that.

By the way, sorry for any typos/mistakes, it's very late and I'm tired but I just had to get this whole bug report off my chest ;)

Thank you very much

Art
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

I filed a ticket about my FPS drops. It's horrible. The game isn't fun to play anymore. Super un-smooth. Nothing I can do about it. Have tried everything, even did a complete new windows install. Still suffer from it. I hope they come with a solution because it's pretty shitty :-\\
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

OWGKID

That sucks.  :-( Hope you guys get your glitches sorted out ;)
LEGACY

Binnatics

Btw, my blue corona for the bike management is also gone. They will probably fix it with the next patch. Same with the bullet proof tires of the trike. Not so sure what they will do with my framerate issue. Probably give me tons of advice what to try to fix it.  :-\\
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

"hopefully" other players report fps issues as well so that they'll have to take it seriously and fix it.

OWGKID

They will, but first, they need to get the same issue by themselves (otherwise, impossible to fix, how can you fix something without knowing what is broken?). I assume there are lots of coding to rewrite, recompile, test and release.
LEGACY

Art Blade

Meanwhile, I got the first stereotype response from Support. I knew they'd do it and I asked for their individual help.

Now the real journey begins. I'll keep you in the loop.

PZ

Best of luck on your likely long adventure with support  8-X

Art Blade

cheers. :)

I think most of the stuff I told them will be part of an upcoming patch because it isn't "just me" having problems with those issues. The rest is more a question of how willing they are to give me a few in-game bucks for some stuff I wasted money on due to bugs.

Art Blade

Today I got this reply

QuoteHello Art,

Thank you for contacting Rockstar Support.

We appreciate your time for reporting this issue regarding the murals and there is no bullet-proof tires on your Nagasaki Chimera. We will look into this.

With regards to your issue with Custom Club Name is not visible to other players, the blue corona has disappeared inside the club, the bikes sink into the concrete floor, Gun Locker does not support all weapons and the issue with the favorite Bike we request you to please provide us a video so that we can investigate your issue further. If the video is too long to upload to this ticket, you could add an unlisted video to YouTube and provide us with a direct link.

Once we have this information, we will research your issue and get back with you when we reach a resolution.

We would like to inform you that we do not have an option to provide you the refund in this regards.

We greatly appreciate your patience and cooperation!

It's a bit too late to reply to that now but some things don't seem to make sense (a blue corona that isn't there, how do they think it can be captured on video? And, if I can see my club name, how can I prove with a video that other's can't see it? maybe if I get invited into a club the name of which will show and then walk in front of their board and look at "motorcycle club" rather than that name would prove it. The favourite bike takes forever to become one.. "if the vid is too long.." -- how do they think is that going to fit on a video at all?) plus I don't record any videos.

A few screenshots that I took might help and maybe someone can help me with some ideas of how to deal with that support request.

Any ideas welcome. I'll read it in perhaps 15 or 16 hours from now.

Binnatics

I would indeed provide them the screenshots. Maybe post them here and send them the link? I think you can cover basically everything with it; the blue corona should be there and you show it isn't, so that should be enough already. The biker club logo is harder. I could start a MC w@&k so you get the on-screen message that "Motorcycle Club" started this and that mission suggesting you to do something. Then you can explain that in fact that MC is from a friend of yours called Blunters 4 life. No proof, but at least the best you could do.
I don't see the point in providing moving images because unlike my issue, yours is related to concrete appearances, or the absence of one. The Bulletproof Tires is something you could also capture; the absence of the menu option to put bulletproof tires on, in LS Customs.

:)

Binnatics

While I replied again today after trying the second suggestion R* provided, I got a massive Windows 10 update. No idea what changed, but it was enough to sow a little seed of hope that this might influence my FPS issue with GTA V as well. Guess what; I've been playing the game for 50 minutes now without ANY frame rate drop :) :-X

I also noticed something else; since the Biker DLC another bug, that heavily frustrated me last year, seems to be fixed. It's the one where crew emblems would get stuck to cars, no matter what I did, even selling cars wouldn't take the emblem away, given the fact that it would slam itself on the next car I would by on that same spot. Now apparently, on 2 of my vehicles that were stuck with an unwanted emblem, the emblem was gone. I checked on one other, and there it was still present, but a single trip to the mod shop and I could easily get rid of it. Hasn't returned yet 8-X :-D :-X

Art Blade

Binnatics

Second test; again the framerate drops. So it hasn't been cured yet :P

Art Blade

damn, Binnatics  :( I wonder what it is that causes those frame rate drops.

meanwhile, I replied to Rockstar.

QuoteDear xxx

thank you for your reply.

Before we forget, you seem to have skipped the issue with locked VIP versions of those two weapons -- I paid money to unlock and equip them and now they are locked again. I used to have access to both VIP and bodyguard variants of those weapons. It would be really nice if you took a look at that issue as well.

I appreciate your time for taking a look into the murals and the missing bulletproof tyres options -- however, just to make sure, I wish to clarify that in the mod shop there is no option to mod the Chimera's tyres at all, hence no way of getting any bulletproof tyres. So it's not only "my" Chimera but the Chimera in general. There should be an option though, as all other bikes and cars that I own (or owned) do have the bulletproof tyres option.

At this point I come to realise that maybe your department (Support) can't solve the issues I brought to your attention because I believe it is something that needs to be checked by the developers / programmers of the Biker DLC. Unlike issues such as not having received a refund, these issues seem to be part of the coding. If this is the case it might help the devs if these issues are brought to their attention. Maybe you can help which would be really nice.

You asked me to provide a video. I would love to do that. However, I am completely inexperienced and I have never recorded any videos so far (except using the editor in GTA IV) , I don't have any software necessary and so on. Also, some of the issues simply cannot be recorded. For instance, how would you want me to show that someone else can't read the name of my club on the board in my clubhouse? I could only show you that I can read it, not that someone else can't. Or, how could I demonstrate that it takes forever for a random motorcycle to become my favourite bike without recording hours and hours of riding it? In the meantime, the bike that I wanted to become my favourite actually has become my favourite, so that I am now happy that I got it. The problem is, however, that a player cannot select a bike to become the favourite bike. When you sell the bike the game thinks is your favourite, you cannot make one of the remaining bikes your new favourite just like that. The old one stays that way even if you no longer possess it. Again, something for the developers to consider and check. And the blue corona that indicates the spot where to rearrange the order of the motorcycles in your clubhouse, it has disappeared and has remained absent. How would you capture something that is not there on video?

I think I can help you with screenshots. I can show that the corona is not there. I can show a bike sunken into the concrete floor. I can take a screenshot of the weapons list in the gun locker where there is no golf club and no crow bar and no pistol to show/hide on the list and I can show that I (still) have said weapons in my weapons wheel.

Assuming that you would much rather like to take a look at my screenshots attached to this post than making me (or waiting for me to become) a video director, I will add screenshots of which I believe that they will help you to "get the picture" of what is bugged in the game. For your convenience, I edited notes into the screenshots so you will instantly notice what is wrong there.

I hope that I was able to help you with my comments and screenshots to identify the bugs and issues which I have experienced.

Please let me know if there is anything else I could do to help you.

Thank you very much.

With best regards,

Art

[smg id=9348 type=preview align=center caption="blue corona on"]
[smg id=9349 type=preview align=center caption="blue corona off"]
[smg id=9350 type=preview align=center caption="wet concrete"]
[smg id=9351 type=preview align=center caption="club name on"]
[smg id=9352 type=preview align=center caption="club name off"]
[smg id=9353 type=preview align=center caption="club name off 2"]
[smg id=9354 type=preview align=center caption="Chimera no wheel option"]
[smg id=9355 type=preview align=center caption="gun locker 1"]
[smg id=9356 type=preview align=center caption="gun locker 2"]
[smg id=9357 type=preview align=center caption="gun locker 3"]
[smg id=9358 type=preview align=center caption="gun locker 4"]

Binnatics

Good (and funny at times ^-^) post and helpful pictures. It's funny how you somehow manage to turn the situation into 'you' helping 'them' instead of them helping you :-X :)

I hope they reply mature this time. So I hope they will to my reply after their utterly helpful suggestions (oops, am I being cynical now? :angel:) I bet they will in the end ;)

Art Blade

Art Blade

OK, just received this and I am a bit agitated now.

QuoteHello Art,

Thank you for explaining the issue that you're experiencing the issues after the biker DLC update in detail.

We are sorry to hear that you are facing issues with your Steam version of our game.

The following troubleshooting steps have helped resolve many issues, so we'd like to try them here.

Please verify the integrity of your game cache files:

Load Steam
    From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
    Select the Local files tab and click the "Verify integrity of game cache" option.
    Steam will verify the game's cache file. This process may take several minutes.
    Once the process is completed, the Check Window will automatically exit.

Please let us know the status of this issue. If the issues still persist, we can escalate this further for the investigation based on your report.

Best regards,

xxx

Now they're getting me started. I had to crank it up a notch. >:(

QuoteHello xxx,
thank you for your reply.

I just verified the integrity of my game cache files and steam reported 100% integrity, no changes necessary.

The status of "this issue" is the same as before except the blue corona has reappeared in the club house which may be temporarily. It was there before and disappeared, so I don't believe that it miraculously fixed itself and I still consider it worth looking into. Everything else is still as reported previously. Which means, I still have the same issues to cope with.

You said you could escalate this further based on my report. Since my report essentially is "nothing has changed, everything is still bugged as already reported in detail," I ask you to please escalate it further.

I hope the next level of support, tier 2, will actually look into the screenshots and read my previous detailed reports. So far I feel treated like someone who just said, "my game doesn't w@&k." The solutions and suggestions given to me were generic and pretty much standard procedure. Of course they didn't w@&k or help.

I spent a lot of time trying very hard to help you with as many details as possible so you could start your investigation.

I sincerely hope that someone is finally going to. This isn't personal, just stating that so far it has basically been a waste of time. I hope that we can now try to solve "this issue" and I would very much appreciate a reply that isn't created by using pull-down menu generic templates but actually someone talking to me.

Thank you for your efforts, I am looking forward to an individual support.

Best regards,

Art

Binnatics

Concerning my FPS issue, they now asked me to post a video, so they can escalate it to the concerned department for farther investigation. I'm about to launch GeForce Experience to do so. Can't cover my issue with screenies :-D

Art Blade

at least you can show them :) good luck with that escalation  :-D

fragger

Rockstar should know from Art's detailed description of the problems that it's not a caching issue. I'm not a developer, yet even I can tell right away that it's not a caching problem. A bike appearing to be half-embedded in a floor is not indicative of caching problems - that's faulty coding, plain and simple. RS has seen the screenshots (assuming they even looked at them) so I'm surprised they had the hide to send out such an automated, template response.

Hope you guys can get through to them and get some satisfaction out of them :)

OWGKID

Binnatics, you may want to disable the Xbox DVR. That culprit steals frames and should definitely be deactivated. Unfortunately, you need to log into Xbox Live just to get into the options menu in that app and disable the DVR.  >:(
LEGACY

Binnatics

What is an Xbox DVR???
Was it there before the DLC? In that case, it's not interesting for me. Nothing influences my fps issue, not even lowering the res to 800-600

OWGKID

LEGACY

Tags:
🡱 🡳