DOOM 4

Started by black.penta, June 15, 2015, 11:30:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

black.penta

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Quake II 4ever

Art Blade

wow -- good old ego shooter revived.. some stuff reminds of Elder Scrolls Oblivion and FallOut3, the style by Bethesda and iD looks familiar in a way.

Nice find, black.penta  :-X :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mandru

???

It's bloody frenetic!

Not sure I'm in the MOOD 4 DOOM 4.  ;)
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Stiku

I think this falls into the same category as the things we flush down the toilet everyday.  :D

mandru

If I'm not mistaken I recall that Germany has severe restrictions on blood splats and almost no tolerance for gore in video games.

Which after watching that video clip of Doom 4 I'm left wondering if the graphics would have to be modified to show kittens and eruptions of rainbows and butterflies to blunt all those over the top kill moves just to get the game into Germany.

- mandru

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah, the chainsaw moves were a bit too much, but really whoever used the chainsaw much really? Except for those people doing a complete run using chainsaw only, it's pretty much useless.

But yeah, I think the gore is a bit over the top. I might get it, depends what I'm still playing when it's released.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

fragger

That looks pretty intense. A throwback to the old "if it moves, shoot it" style of gaming. Should appeal to the instant gratification crowd.

Not really my cup of tea. Well, not anymore, now that there are other choices for FPS gaming. Back in the days of Doom 1 that type of shooting game was pretty much the only one in town. I had a go at Doom 3 when it came out but I got bored with it very quickly. And I got lost pretty quickly too - every corridor looked the bloody same, there were too many dark areas, and too much of one of ID's regular stocks-in-trade: monsters popping out of secret wall cavities after you'd gone past them. I got sick of being plugged in the back or clawed from behind :D

This environment graphics in this one look good, but there's too much blood and guts for my liking. Not that I'm squeamish - I'd just get sick of it. I think I'll pass on Doom 4.

Nice little bit of wordplay back there, mandru :-()

PZ

Same, fragger - when I think of games I want to play, tops are ArmA3 because of the realism, and the graphic intensive games like GTA5 for the beauty of the environment.  These days I do not appreciate the close quarters "shoot anything that moves" kind of game

Art Blade

what you and fragger said is pretty much how I feel about those shooters these days. I much rather enjoy GTAV or Elite:Dangerous and all the freedom of choice that comes with it.

Stiku

Elite what a joke of a game.

Binnatics

Such a nice way of putting it, Stiku

I had the same experience in Doom 3 Fragger. I also got bored being scared to death after every corridor. It's funny for a couple of levels, but, together with the repeatedly getting lost experience it was something to put back on the shelves before completing. This 4th edition looks just like it. I will skip as well ;)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

PZ

I think it was decades ago that I played the first computer game I actually enjoyed - the original DOS Wolfenstein.  Then Doom came along, and I briefly enjoyed it, but never did finish the game.

ahhhhhh.... the good ol' days

mandru

These days I think I would only really consider it (and then only for the story line) if it had "God Mode, Infinite Ammo and All Weapons Unlock" options hard wired on the start up screen.  ::)
- mandru

Art Blade

:-D

Those days and those games were great back then. So was fire to the Neanderthals.  :-()

PZ

I feel like a wrinkled old man talking about the good 'ol days... oh wait... I am a wrinkled ol' man  :-()

mandru

- mandru

Art Blade

just puff out your cheeks and nobody will notice. :-()

fragger

:-D

Wrinkled old men rock (well... they do until they get puffed out...)

PZ

Art Blade

hehehe  :-()

speaking of puffing out.. you know you've got really strong lungs if you can exhale into an ox's arse until his horns are straight. :-D

mandru

- mandru

fragger

:laugh:

In a similar vein, you're a very lucky man if you have a girlfriend who can suck a tennis ball through a garden hose 8-X

PZ

Art Blade

Quote from: fragger on July 09, 2015, 06:29:11 AMsuck a tennis ball through a garden hose

.. or the chrome off the bumpers.  :-()

Tags:
🡱 🡳