Tip: how to easily harvest animal skins

Started by Dweller_Benthos, January 05, 2015, 08:01:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dweller_Benthos

For those of you looking to get all the skins needed pretty easily, go up to the sleeping saints area (the one with the two big side-by-side statues) and climb up on one of the upper platforms and toss down some bait. I think every predator in the game will show up eventually at this spot. I needed 6 snow leopard skins to craft the last few items and was having a tough time finding them. A quick youtube search found a video with the clue. Here's a shot of a few minutes of baiting and killing. The only animal not shown is the tiger who came up the platform after me. The rest I plugged with the bow before they could get near me.

[smg id=7660]

And, shouldn't this be Art's avatar by now? Weapon shop lady...

[smg id=7661]
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

:laugh:

Good idea :) I got all weapons indeed.. might consider it :-()
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Nice fine, D_B - thanks for posting.  I split this topic off the screenshots topic because it represents a good tip, and would be best not to be buried among this already lengthening topic. +1  :-X

Art Blade

that being said, let me slap D_B

..on the back.  :-D +1  :-X from me, too ^-^
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mandru

I must admit she's a lot better looking weapons lady than the last one.  ;)
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

fragger

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on January 05, 2015, 08:01:17 AM
And, shouldn't this be Art's avatar by now? Weapon shop lady...

Maybe Art might prefer this sexy minx:
[smg id=7662 align=center width=600]

Actually - eww...

Art Blade

maybe I would have.. when she was 50 years younger

PZ

I thought you preferred old women, AB - am I correctly remembering an old prune you were using as an avatar?  8-X  :laugh:

Binnatics

Quote from: PZ on January 06, 2015, 09:07:35 AM
I thought you preferred old women, AB - am I correctly remembering an old prune you were using as an avatar?  8-X  :laugh:

...a prune... lol! Isn't that an extremely rude thing to say :o :-D
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

PZ

Quote from: Binnatics on January 06, 2015, 01:47:54 PM
...a prune... lol! Isn't that an extremely rude thing to say :o :-D

Probably... but only to her raisin of a husband  :angel:

Binnatics

"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

Oh man. :-D I think PZ had one or two too many  :-()

PZ

mandru

Great hunting spot D_B!  It was exactly what I needed.   :-X   +1

I already I had the rhino (Karkadann) skin for a final gear item upgrade from the Fashion missions.  I needed just one of those highly elusive snow leopard pelts to add to the ones I'd already collected from the first Longinus and first Hurk missions to do a prior level 3 upgrade to be able to to make that item's final level 4 upgrade.  I wasn't able to find snow leopards anywhere else in the southern portion of the game and wanted to get as buffed up and build up all my gear as much as possible before going into the Shangri-la missions.

The second animal drawn in by baiting was the one I needed and I was in and out of there in about four minutes.
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

T.V.

Found a nice spot to harvest predator skins in the south west area, before the rest of south is accessible. :)
It's SW of the place You meet Longinus the first time, at x276.7 y390.5, next to one of those little prayer towers.
You can overlook the path below and throw bait down at it.

So I managed to get all ordinary skins needed for upgrades except the yak's, before I met Longinus and the missions to open the rest of the south. 8)
I think there is also yak's in this area, but I have not spotted them until the hostage rescue mission (when the rest of the south is already open).

Tags:
🡱 🡳