Far Cry 4 mods wishlist?

Started by OWGKID, December 30, 2014, 03:35:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

:laugh:

I too remember modding the high jump value that resulted in my death - had to experiment a bit so I didn't inadvertently cause death when jumping over small obstacles

mandru

If the vehicles in FC4 have radios the way they did in FC3 it would be nice to be able to load a personally selected MP3 music set for the radio when driving.  In missions that involve a driving sequence then of course the game music would need to have priority.

Sometimes I just like to jump in and drive.

When I'm in that zone...  Well, no one but me can select my driving music.

But I suspect this wish is something that would need to be coded from UBI's end of the process.  :-\\
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

no.  :)

1) Fire up your mp3-player with music that you like and start playing it
2) Start the game
3) Switch off the in-game music.
4) Get a ride, switch of the radio
5) Drive with your music.

:-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

I recall installing a Fallout 3 mod in which you could populate your radio station with your mp3 list.  I found online, and loaded into my radio lots of old radio commercials - ones I remember from a kid.  That made the FO3 experience much more fun as you roam the world listening to period radio - gloomy background game music while listening to a 20-mule team borax commercial, or one about Brylcreem (a little dab'll do ya).

I agree - would be great to have a mod that would w@&k that way in FC4 - should be possible.

fragger

Quote from: PZ on January 03, 2015, 10:30:12 AM
I recall installing a Fallout 3 mod in which you could populate your radio station with your mp3 list... gloomy background game music while listening to a 20-mule team borax commercial, or one about Brylcreem (a little dab'll do ya).

I agree - would be great to have a mod that would w@&k that way in FC4 - should be possible.

lol Brylcreem ads :laugh:

I hope so. That blabbermouth DJ on the radio gives me the right-royals. I don't know what he keeps in that box on his desk, but whatever it is, I hope it's poisonous and it gets out and bites him. I have to turn off the radio to shut the twit up every time I get in a vehicle.

I'm not crazy about Hindu Pop either...

PZ

I'm looking forward to the mod tools coming out for this one - maybe that will happen once I actually find a reasonable gaming PC  :-X

mandru

I looked up the home site for the program Notepad++.  Elsewhere it was named as being one of the best tools for copying, pasting and editing the lines of code to be edited for applying cheats in FC4.

From what I can make out of the usage details and screenshots of the program in use I determined that the only functions I was technically capable of performing after downloading and installing was to open Notepad++ and close it again right away.  :laugh:
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

PZ

I use Notepad ++ all the time for a wide variety of purposes.  One thing to try is to open the file (like the xml) and then choose the language from the menu called "xml".  Then you can expand or collapse all of the items in the file - quite powerful actually, and tons better than Windows Notepad

fragger

Art put me onto to Notepad++ when we went co-op, to show me how to apply cheats. Despite studying programming back in the early 90s and working as a programmer for a few years (COBOL and BASIC mostly), I've been out of the biz for about 15 years and haven't kept up with it, so I'm not fluent in the more recent languages (from about C++ onwards). I'll have a bit of a learn ahead of me if I ever want to get back into it, but since basic programming concepts remain the same I'm sure I could pick any language up fairly quickly once I get to grips with the structure, commands and syntax. I just haven't bothered.

I've had a bit of a play with Notepad++ and it is a pretty cool editor.

Tags:
🡱 🡳