Youth memories

Started by Binnatics, September 08, 2013, 09:10:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Binnatics

I did not intend to make you like rap music, all I wanted is to show some examples where rap can do perfectly without violence.

But I decided to stop spending energy into this, since the discussion has become a bit too political to me. There's certainly a bunch more grief related to the whole hip hop concept than I can handle, and I never intended to do so. Everyone should listen the music he likes and may share with others if they can relate to it. If not, just good friends, we  move on to the next  :)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

sine voce is also known as "instrumental" while the opposite would be "a cappella" (without instruments) and either version of a song can sometimes be found for instance on a B-side of a single -- I only mention it as a side info.

Oh and I love Take Five, too. Heard it many times when I was young.  :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mandru

Speaking of Youth Memories this one was in the mix for me.

Hollywood Argyles "Alley Oop"

Sheer silliness and certainly not to everyone's taste.  :laugh:
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

fragger

I agree, Binn. Let's drop the argument and get on with the business of being friends and having fun discussions :)

lol Alley Oop :-() Wasn't he a comic strip character?

Art Blade

that "choon" certainly is something out of the ordinary.  :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

anyone old enough here to remember this one? probably only Gord.. the song is from 1946. I just thought I'd slip this one in here for him..

Shaving Cream by Benny Bell

Art Blade

mandru

Ah yes, that was a goodie by Charlie Drake

Yes fragger.  The first line of the song is "There's a man in the funny papers we all know..."

A couple novelty singles Sheb Wooley's Purple People Eater and Witch Doctor by Dave Seville and the chipmunks were also silly but youthful memory bright spots.  ^-^

Early Beatles was still rock and roll which I was rather ho-hum about but I remember my excitement when the break through occurred across the charts and the straight up rock began to shine through.  It was all probably spurred by the British Invasion mid 60's.
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Binnatics

Excellent piece of w@&k, the boomerang song ^-^ :-X

I remember as a kid practising with me boomerang that I found somewhere on holiday, and I must confess the main theme of the song feels quite familiar :-D
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

fragger

I remember the boomerang song, even though it wasn't an Aussie but an English comedian who performed it - hence the Cockney accents :-()

I learned the proper way to throw a boomerang many years ago and over time I got pretty good at it. I also did a lot of walking to retrieve it when it didn't come back ::) The first time I got it to come back it sailed right into my hands. I didn't even have to move, which was very satisfying, but I could never do it quite that perfectly ever again - I'd simply fluked it right :D I'd always have to take at least a few steps to get into position to catch it all the other times. If you ever want to try it, here's a valuable hint - find a very large, flat open space to practice in :-()

On the subject of old goofy songs, here's a couple I remember from my kidhood:

Royal Guardsmen - Snoopy Vs. The Red Baron
Please; Mr Custer

Binnatics

Art Blade

took some doing to find that song without being blocked -- recently I keep getting "this video is not available." The other one was available, however.

Binnatics

I listened to an oldies music program on the radio today; they focussed on '87, the year Michael Jackson published Bad and Madonna with Who's that girl. I was 10 years old, and these songs made me want to be a popstar. But there was more of course; Rick Ashly, and the following song that I could completely sing along in my fantasy-English:

Tony Esposito - Papa Chico (HQ)

I'm still confused with the lyrics, doesn't seem to be excellent English after all :-D

Art Blade

:-D

that year I was already at the university.. and both Jackson and Madonna were giving me the shivers.  :laugh:

Tags:
🡱 🡳