XCOM2 announced

Started by Stiku, June 03, 2015, 10:13:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stiku

Art Blade

me too. :-D nice one.  :-X :)

here's the vid without "age gate"

XCOM 2 - Announcement Trailer
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mandru

So, is the game play anything like the cut scenes.

I've been fooled before.  :-()

- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Dweller_Benthos

Friend of mine is big into the XCom games, still plays the first one from way back when. The vid doesn't really show if it's still a turn based strategy game or some kind of shooter. I know he'd not be interested if it's a shooter.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

the vid shows at least the same stuff as I know it from the last game: a human XCOM team plus a drone, I can virtually see the objectives: take out the enemies and careful, there are civilians in the area. Also, after achieving the mission objectives, the shuttle takes the team home -- only this time "home" seems to be some type of carrier. Generally speaking, I don't think it's a shooter, it looks very much like the the game I used to play and the specialty in my eyes was the animated cinematic after the player finished placing his soldiers -- you could watch your soldiers attack and the enemy as well and then it would turn into the planning board view again.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah that does appear to be what it is, with fancier graphics than what my friend has shown me.

Anyone notice the similarity between the shuttle that picks them up and the dropship from the movie Aliens? Even in the way it moves when it lands.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

now that you mention it.. hehe :-D

fragger

I still have to play the previous XCOM game first. Art very kindly gifted it to me shortly before all that crap with my job went down which made me have to get off the net temporarily while I moved so I haven't been able to DL the game yet. That and the fact that I then had some issues with my ISP regarding the transfer of my contract. I don't know why there was a hassle with that, it's not like I moved into an underground Eco-Pod or something ::) Anyway it appears to be more or less straightened out now so hopefully I'll be able to DL the game and try it out soon.

Thanks again for that Art, btw :-X :)

Art Blade

you're welcome, fragger ^-^

fragger

XCOM 2 release date: Feb 5, 2016. Apparently the game will be available for PC only as the Firaxis devs are keen on building the potential for modding into it, like they did with Civ V. Same style of gameplay as in XCOM: EU - turn-based tactical squad level - but with many new twists and a new approach to level design (procedural, not randomized). Takes place 20 years after the events in XCOM. Turns out we didn't actually win that time, and now we have to take Earth back from the aliens in a guerrilla campaign.

Here's a PC Gamer review with a few screenies, it looks pretty cool. It also sounds like it will be a more challenging game than XCOM: EU.

http://www.pcgamer.com/xcom-2-has-firaxis-built-the-strategy-sequel-you-deserve/

PZ

Art Blade

I think I'll stick with the old XCOM and the DLC Enemy Within

Tags:
🡱 🡳