FC2-PZs-modded patch files

Started by PZ, October 24, 2014, 08:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Art Blade

downloaded, going to test it asap.  :) :-X Thanks for sharing, PZ :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

My pleasure - I hope you like it.  It is almost embarrassingly easy to navigate the FC2 world now with weapons that almost never degrade, and have huge ammo belts.

However, I don't care for myself - I like the easy way through the hostile environment  >:D

Art Blade

very nice, PZ :) +1 :-X

Only the high jumps don't seem to w@&k, anything I should know to make them w@&k? I've been running and hopping around but the jumps seem to stay as they were.

What I found out about your mod (changes)

- 6P9 kills instantly
- AR-16 is full auto without recoil, instant kills
- AS50 uses the dart rifle slot, is silenced and wow, a car shakes when getting hit
- ammo, grens, molotovs max capacity increased
- marathon man stamina  :-D
- any arms dealer item costs just 1 diamond

I know you said weapon degradation is almost non-existent (I use a cheat to actually make it non-existent)

I suppose you got rid of malaria, too?

Anything I missed?  :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Thanks, AB.  I think you got just about all of it.  I don't recall if I did away with malaria, but I have not had an attack yet.  The weapon dealer items are all available from the start of the game, so you can literally steal the few diamonds in and around Pala, and equip yourself with your ideal load out.

As to the high jump, isn't that a command line parameter you use with the shortcut?  I seem to recall D_B coming up with that, but I could be mistaken.  In any case, I don't recall changing the game files to make it happen.  Also, I have a save game at 4% in which you are outside the door of the Church in Pala and you have just been given aaccess to the entire FC2 world.  I use that exclusively because I do not want to go thriough all the tutorial stuff.

Art Blade

I too got a couple of those savegames from our download section for an easy start, mostly thanks to dke58/RedRaven :)

As to the jumping, I don't think it's a command line. I seem to recall something that involved hopping around a bit and save and reload so the game gets the modded parameters right, but I haven't saved/reloaded yet with the mod on. And I haven't sifted through the forum, either  :-D

Art Blade

I think I was just expecting far more spectacular jumps because when I tried that long ago, I'd jump so high I'd crater rather than land -- impossible to survive without godmode.

So I think your mod works just fine, with just a little bit more jump capacity than normal. Is that about right?

PZ

Yes, that's true - now I recall jumps so high that you would die when landing, so I must have done something - just too long ago to remember.  I can upload the 4% if the save/reload doesn't w@&k.

It also might need starting a new game from scratch

Art Blade

thank you for offering :) It is not necessary. The modded files take effect basically immediately except for those "body" parameters such as jumping and perhaps stamina.. usually reloading an area or reloading a savegame just so the memory with the old parameters gets overridden is enough. :) I do notice that I can jump on obstacles that I am pretty sure I couldn't before, that's what made me realise that it was most likely just a small adjustment you made. It is not over the top, just enough to help with those little obstacles and indeed, climbing is easier now  :-X

And I am enjoying your mod thoroughly, it is exactly what I wanted, only I didn't want to go all the way through modding it myself. Perfect  :)

PZ

I'm glad you are enjoying it.  Playing with the mod makes it almost a new game for me because I naturally gravitate to different methods of achieving my goals. The jumping should be relatively significant - I can easily jump onto the buildings in the cities

Art Blade

Jump on buildings from street level?  ??? Then I might have to test your savegame just to see whether it works right away.

Oh, just realised what you wrote, "the entire FC2 world" -- does that mean you get access to Mosate even only after just beginning the game? If so, that might indeed require to start a new career.

PZ

Yes, jump onto buildings from street level - I'll upload the 4% this evening when I get access to my gaming PC

Unfortunately not the southern map - I have not been able to get access to that until the sequence where you meet the Jackal after the sand storm. I recall looking for a way to activate the southern map, bue never found the right trigger.  Too bad really, I would like to drive a GLAT north right away  >:D

Art Blade

:-D

I looked up the mod topic about jump height. I did it myself back then but I didn't post anything about why it wouldn't w@&k or what to pay attention to in order to get it to w@&k. Hmmmmm... ????

Art Blade

I found something.

Quote from: Art Blade on September 05, 2011, 05:05:45 AM
Still no effect. >:((  ???? :'(

Some things, like that "autoreload" don't seem to w%&k the way we expect them to. <shrugs>  :-(

There is something else: Some values are stored in the savegames and "wear off" slowly. I remember having changed my jump height without effect but left it changed. Then, kind of "hours later" I suddenly jumped across a building  ^+-+ So maybe some effects w@&k with delay.

I reckon the only way to find out for sure is to start a new career to see if something behaves differently -- but I currently don't have time for that ;)

Art Blade

OK, I did have time to start a new career just to see what the jump would do..

..it works. I can jump high now, probably 10 feet up ??? :) :-X

PZ

:-X  It is fun to jump atop the buildings in town and then start a fire fight.  You can jump from roof top to roof top as soon as they gang up on you.  Then you can chuck grenades, Molotovs, and such in a group of them from a safer spot  >:D

Art Blade

I just came across an explanation why I couldn't jump with your mod and my savegame -- gibbed, the guy who made the modding tool, had the following line in his mod tutorial which is about modding jumping:

"Run game, jump a whole bunch of times and you should eventually leap into the sky. (this value is cached in save files, by jumping a bunch you become exhausted and this causes the value to get reset)"

Well. I never became exhausted because you modded that, too.  :laugh:

nexor

My high jumps only w@&k after the tutorial of a new game, just as you walk out of the Hospital after seeing the doctor

Art Blade

with PZ's mod they w@&k immediately, just when you leave the hotel room after the Jackal has buggered off.

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on November 01, 2014, 03:41:28 AM
"Run game, jump a whole bunch of times and you should eventually leap into the sky. (this value is cached in save files, by jumping a bunch you become exhausted and this causes the value to get reset)"[/i]

Well. I never became exhausted because you modded that, too.  :laugh:

Good find - I remembered something about the jump starting a bit wonky at times when using an old save.

I don't remember modding the fatigue out, but sounds like a cheat I would do  :-()

I'm not sure about malaria - my current play is wanting me to go to a safe house for medicine.  I'll ignore it for a while to see if I become sick.

Art Blade

wanting to get to your safe house for medicine? Tsk, tsk, tsk, so you have your own secret stash?  :-D I reckon the game wants you to find an underground location. That is actually a cool idea not to, see what happens. I know I once was in a situation, when we were new to FC2, that made me take my last pill and the next malaria fit would make me pass out and I'd wake up in Mosate hospital. Now, if we don't get to take the last pill.. ???? :)

PZ

I forgot that it was called an underground location - I knew you would know what I meant  :-()

Art Blade

Quote from: Art Blade on November 01, 2014, 12:08:49 PMthe game wants you to find an underground location. That is actually a cool idea not to, see what happens.

Just did that, albeit towards the end of the the Pala game -- had to go to Goka Falls and take that clown out. Before taking on that mission I was supposed to do an underground mission which I simply ignored. Now, having finished the Goka Falls, I met Reuben in Lumber leading to the decision whether to go to Mike's or the church. Underground mission? Gone, not available.  :-D

Tags:
🡱 🡳