Gun Dealer's North Mission

Started by retiredgord, June 16, 2009, 07:41:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

retiredgord

Having just re-armed and thought 'Idle hands create mischief' I sauntered into the Dealers office (near TaeMoCo)to see what he could supply to alleviate the boredom. A "competitor" needs a can of whoop a$$ opened and he wants me to do the opening.
  Ok, hop in the A/t and drive to the Bus Depot near Weelegol, ride to the Bus Stop north of Crash Site and disembark. Now to borrow a grenade truck.  Gotta plan you see. Ah there it is .  I get to the hill looking back towards the gunshop, set-up and give the driver a third eye.  Wait and doofus hops into the seat AND MY SIGHTS and he gets one also.  I like to give evenly. I got my truck.
   I motor out to the west and down the pass heading toward the convoy's route that goes near Outpost. Near the opening, and to the south of the safehouse there, I pause and recon the area. There's a small collection of huts by a small pond below my position. It should provide me with cover from guards and give me some high ground. I can just see the sniper tower in Outpost. I'm far enough that a few shots will not affect me one bit. Time to hunker down and plan.
   I wil attempt to take out the convoy as it comes towards me  from the North and before it gets to Outpost.
I wait and check and see that the convoy is getting near.
I spot it and start launching some grenades in a frame and center pattern..corners and center. About 5 grenades and the truck goes about the heighth of a 3 story building.  Gee that was good.
  Now the boys from Outpost are coming to see what the commotion is about.  I snipe a couple of mercs coming from there, puting down one and the other dives for cover in the rocks. Sniper rounds start hitting near me so time for a grenade or two at Outpost.  A few booms later and I see a nice explosion. However, the merc that had dived for cover is sneaking up on me from behind.I don't know how he got there but I launch at and get him. Time to move a bit.
   I hop in the truck and drive it a bit below and to the lsouth of the safehouse and start launching more grenades. It seems the boys from Outpost really did not like that explosion and are coming to do me illwill. Ok, I can accept that. I get back on the crest  of the rock and get another "friend" with Peter just arriving in an A/t.  His buddy scurries under the rocks in front so I have no shot.
A look towards Outpost doesn't show any movement at present so it's out to go merc baiting and killing.  Pop out of cover to see where he's at and then go in with a full clip and emptying it until the vermin is dead.
  Ok sniper gets his courage back and starts sending rounds my way.  I hop in the truck and drive closer and pummel the area.  Sniper still around and still annoying.  Out comes Duke and the sniper is sniped.  There's a diamond around here someplace so I get out my handy-dandy diamond finder and look for and locate the diamonds in the area.
    Now what?  Ok someone at Mike's thinks I'm dogging it so I guess I better go back and see what "buddy" wants  done and to whom.
  Gimme a beer, I'm dry.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

JRD

Outstanding, as always  ;) :-X
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

Good one Gord, it reads like one of the Dick Tracy detective novels!

Art Blade

forgot to reply yesterday, indeed, good read again, Mr Dick "Gord" Tracy  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Tags:
🡱 🡳