FC2 mission-kill Seth Uniya

Started by PZ, November 06, 2014, 08:26:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

Currently I'm doing all those left-over side missions such as arms dealer and cell tower missions. I keep seeing "find someone who can provide medicine" which I keep ignoring :-()
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

:laugh:

I hope you find someone before you enter the endless cycle of passing out!

Art Blade

that's what savegames are for. :-D It's not as bad as long as the notification remains in my objectives but I was a bit worried when I was in the South and the first ever malaria attack hit me. I downed the last pill and.. had no idea whether or not I'd get a) another attack or b) a medicine mission on time. So, to kill two birds with one stone, I went back (savegame) to get that notification again and to do those Northern arms dealer missions which had disappeared in the South.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

another update on PZ's mod:

I just happened to check the weapon stats and it struck me that the silent MP5, the flame thrower, the MAC-10 and the dart rifle are all maxed-out. I think the dart is originally like that, but definitely not the other three weapons. I reckon PZ modded them "just in case" he wanted to have fun with those and ended up using the 6P9, AS50 and AR-16, forgetting about the rest.  :-()

PZ

Not surprised - those are weapons that I use on occasion  >:D

Art Blade

;D the MAC-10 is damn accurate using short bursts (got recoil), same goes for the MP5 which doesn't have any recoil just like the AR-16. I think the AR-16 packs more punch than the other two. I haven't tested the flame thrower yet  :)

PZ

Art Blade

Well, about malaria:

I did all those side missions and when the last main mission came up, I accepted the underground mission in the church but never went to see those guys in their underground house. Instead, I took on the mission to kill the guy at Goka Falls which triggered the Reuben-at-Lumber mission and that cancelled out the pending malaria pills mission. Now I'm in the South, defended the barge at the marina and am ready to do what I want. Game time 21:15 hours, longer than before I reverted to the savegame, and still no malaria attack. So I think it's somehow scripted because it should already have hit me regarding total game time by comparison. We'll see :)

PZ

Well, I'm not as analytical as you are, AB, but I think I am experiencing something similar.  I'm in Bowa at 65% and still have not experienced an attack.

Art Blade

hehe, I enjoy analysis  :-D

And indeed, I just got my malaria attack (after finishing my first free-choice arms dealer mission) and sucked on my last pill. So it is scripted, a matter of "once you're in the south, after doing the barge stuff, you are free to do what you want BUT you'll have to enjoy a malaria fit first."  :laugh:

I suspect it is scripted so that you are left with just one pill which you have to use to get the Southern underground missions going.

So far, 50% completion, I only have 2 underground missions completed, looking at my stats. One was obviously the very first and mandatory malaria pills mission and the other one must have been me going to help the guys in the church rather than my buddy (there was only Quarbani left) when the decision had to be made.

Art Blade

some 2 or 3 hours more, a few side missions in, still no malaria nor an underground mission. I think malaria attacks won't happen unless scripted. Also, I think the underground mission will be triggered by taking on and completing a main story mission.

By the way, jumping allows to hop over the prison and go to the landing zone etc, heart of the jungle, and back. Just did that  :)

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on November 09, 2014, 01:55:46 PM
By the way, jumping allows to hop over the prison and go to the landing zone etc, heart of the jungle, and back. Just did that  :)

Nice!  :-X

Reminds me of the fence across the valley south of Sepoko - can't get past without the high jump.  It is nice to turn the game into an even more open world

Art Blade

yep, I wonder why they didn't make the world more accessible in the first place. However, I have already scoped the entire area behind the prison which will be funny to see in the end game, sniper and ammo positions already on my map..  :-()

PZ

I know what you mean about the developers not making it more accessible from the start.  In particular when one has played the game long enough, you begin to recognize slanted rocks that you can perch upon.  Interestingly there is one such rock ledge near one of the outposts that is just perfect to snipe all the gunboats.  However, without the high jump, there is no way you can get to it.  Makes me feel like the developers are getting their jollies thinking how they have frustrated gamers at that spot.

Another place comes to mind that I have tried unsuccessfully to navigate (without high jump) - the area at the western edge of the airport in Bowa that is adjacent to the main north/south road.  I'm going to try that one some day - probably not soon since AC:5 comes out this evening  >:D

Art Blade

Tags:
🡱 🡳