Gun Envy

Started by mmosu, November 30, 2009, 05:58:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmosu

It loads and does damage equivalent to a really high ranking shotgun with 100% explosive elemental damage (if that makes sense) - the rockets are smaller than what are fired by regular launchers, I guess that's why they don't pack as much of a punch, but they always explode (obviously, unlike explosive effect weapons) and so you get the big vehicle stopping power from the guaranteed explosion.  In addition, magazine size easily beats out even the best full size launchers, so it's great when you're in a really bad situation and have to blast your way out. 

Fiach

nice one, cheers mate, i'll keep my eyes open for one because i have ahigh shotgun rating on both characters :)
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

RedRaven

Has any body got an Eridian Weapon yet ?

If so what type and Stats ?

Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Fiach

i had a few i got in NH, iwasnt really impressed, they dont need ammo, but that was immaterial to me as i had an item that regenerated ammo. iirc i just sold them to make space, i think you had to level them up seperately which seemed to me like Mceffort. ;)
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

mmosu

I too am not a fan of Eridian weapons, they aren't worth the hassle in my opinion.

RedRaven

Just found my first 2 up in the Crimson Fastness area, there are a bit so-so. They run out of power faster than the bullets from my Combat Rifle too.
Also the Crimson Lance vehicles parked in one of the levels look MEAN!  Be nice to race round in one of them against the other ones.
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

mmosu

One of the annoying things about Eridian weapons is that they actually make you walk slower when one is equiped.  Awhile back I was reading some stuff written by some guys who hacked the game, and apparently one of the "unlisted" stats for each weapon is weight.  What this equates to is basically if you equip a heavier weapon, your character doesn't move as quickly (a few other games in the past have used a similar mechanic, including Metal Gear Solid 3 & 4).  Now in most instances the difference is trivial and you would never notice, but some of the higher end Eridian kit is very heavy, so much so that it can actually make a noticeable difference in movement.  I actually found an Eridian gun once that had this effect - it was slight, but it bugged the living crap out of me.  This particular gun packed quite a punch, but at the end of the day I couldn't justify carrying it around any longer.  A pity...  :'(

RedRaven

Never noticed the slower speed, but have always carried as many rifles in open slots as possible ;D .
Interesting bit of info though, cheers :-X

daghanson

Hi all!

Just wanted to say that I am really enjoying this game.  About half done my 2nd playthrough, level 50 siren (love the phasewalk) and the guns and loot are getting serious.  Have a sniper rifle that does about 1200 damage, with the acid elemental bullets and a 5x scope.  Just picked up a Plaguebearer mod for Lilith that adds another 40% or so damage to the acid, and I am melting baddies everywhere.  Also have a revolver with a great scope that shoots rockets!  Rockets!

The random gun thing is the most excellent game idea I have seen in awhile.  I have had hundreds of guns, and never the exact same thing twice.

This game has been a great help, in my treatment for addiction re FC2, and while anxiously awaiting the release of Rage (Id Games fan from waaaaaay back).  Definitely have a problem...

Cheers!

Art Blade

I'd be interested in Rage (I know that "waaaaay back" myself ;D ) and I'm sure there are more people here who would like to read a review from one of our members. (Yes, you  ;) ) if you get it, please post about it  :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mmosu

Dahl Penetrator.

Yeah, that's really it's name...
Picked this beauty up during the playthrough 2 of The Secret Armory with Mordecai leveled to 56.  Damage ~720, 2.4x zoom, accuracy ~94%, rate of fire around 4 (very high for a sniper rifle - more on this is a minute...) and a mag size of 8 (meaning with Mordecai's "loaded" skill maxed the mag size is 16!).  What makes this one interesting is that the ROF is so high that it's essentially "bullet on demand", which is a far cry from some of the slower cycling snipers that have a horrible amount of down-time between shots.  The down side is you can really burn your ammo supply in a hurry with this thing!  I often find myself squeezing off 2 rounds when I'm meaning to send only one, so it can get a little unwieldly at times.  Luckily my particular version comes with about 55% recoil reduction, so during rapid fire (intentional or otherwise  ;D) you can still stay relatively on target.  If you get one of these you're going to spend a lot of time kicking over trash piles looking for more bullets,  but it is fun to have 5-6 rounds off before your target has a chance to react.  Also would be handy for knocking down an opponent's shield and doing some damage before it can regenerate, although I haven't experienced this use directly as my Mordecai build has "trespass" maxed, which means my bullets have 100% chance to ignore enemy shields (yeah buddy  8) :-X).   

Art Blade

sure sounds like a mean gun  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Tags:
🡱 🡳