Binn's Online experiences

Started by Binnatics, April 18, 2015, 06:41:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Binnatics

Hey there friends!

Yesterday I went to see what GTA Online is all about, and what it has to offer. Today I reached rank 12, required to start a heist, and I bought some expensive stuff; a highend appartment, some upgrades for my insured muscle car, and nice new clothes :)

Here's what my character looks like right now:

[smg id=7821]

I even did a heist with GKID together. Great fun and good earnings ^-^

Here's us celebrating :)

[smg id=7822]

And this is me in my new appartment:

[smg id=7823]

I even managed to win some races, although the behaviour of most players isn't exactly fair-play :-\\

[smg id=7824]
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

oh yes.. I received Binnatics's invitation to join a race so I thought I could "just" do that but hell no, you need to create a character first (I didn't have any from any console to import)

Then I found myself in some story mode, met Lamar and so on and was pushed into an online race with other players during which I got rammed off by the same guy who after the follow-up mission shot me dead when I just got out of the menu. Very nice experience  >:((

A friend of mine told me that I can avoid that by FIRST selecting options that allow for even solo sessions or invite (friends) only sessions. That will be the only way I accept playing online.

My character:

[smg id=7825 type=preview align=center caption="gta online 001"]
[smg id=7826 type=preview align=center caption="gta online 002"]
[smg id=7827 type=preview align=center caption="gta online 003"]
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

Great character Art! :-X :)

It is indeed crowded with folks who don't give much for fair racing, they just hope to get out of the chaos first, the chaos they create themselves.  :-\\

But the possibilities are endless, and indeed you can set up private sessions which prevents you from the horrific crowd ^-^

I'm still puzzled though with all the options. IT's nothing simple to learn how this massive Online world functions. Yesterday I did a Team Deathmatch, with forced weapons. You can also join matches where you use your own purchased weapons. The same goes for heists. When I did my first Heist with GKID, I only had a simple pistol, so we kept failing because I died all the time. We were playing on hard, you know :-D
After we visited Ammu-nation I managed to stay alive and we had great fun. But you will have to buy proper gear if you want to make a chance in these heists. I look at this Online playing more and more like a Multiplayer Campaign. And the good thing is; you can do most of it with selected friends without being bothered by raging freaks ^-^
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

PZ

Nice story about your experiences, guys  :-X

One reason I was so soured on online was what you mentioned - idiot lurkers that just wait for the unknowing new player to spawn just so they can ruin their experience.  There is very little fair play that I have experienced.

OWGKID

I recorded the heists gameplay, but the video looked crappy when I opened it  :'( Text looked blurry :angry-new: >:((
LEGACY

Binnatics

Did you use the in-game recording options or fraps or some such?

OWGKID

Fraps, but the game runned in "Wndowed" mode  ;)
LEGACY

Binnatics

Ah, I c. Want to try out how the editor works. A great advantage over GTA IV video editor options is that you can set a start and stop for the recording in game. And you can record quite a bit; I think like at least a minute or something. I want to make a tutorial on the Flight Time Trials, but I figured it's best explained with video material ;)

OWGKID

Apparently the video DIDN'T looked crap at all :o :o :o :-D :-D :-D Rendering it right now  >:D
LEGACY

Binnatics

Cool! Looking forward to watching it ^-^

Art Blade

unfortunately GKID's voice was recorded in a way that it sounds doubled or layered with a reverb.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

OWGKID

Wonder why that happens, Art  :(
LEGACY

Art Blade

maybe you're recording your own voice straight from the microphone (as if commenting on the game) and getting "feedback" from the game's phone you're likely using.

I had that effect once when I was both using steam chat and the phone in the game.

OWGKID

I have recorded with Fraps with my friend when we played BF4. My voice was clear that time. I and Binnatics used Steam's chat feature. Could be a problem there  :D
LEGACY

Art Blade

Disable the voice chat in the game options. It is on by default and by default the game activates it as soon as you're near other players..

OWGKID

LEGACY

Binnatics

I am thinking in a different direction; The in-game voice chat is push-to-talk by default so it should'nt interfere. Otherwise the same thing should've happened to my voice, I guess. I think that fraps somehow records your voice from the speaker plus the in-game steam-chat-result. Why that didn't happen with BF is a riddle though. Can you check settings in fraps, as whether it records voice-input together with game-noise or not? If I listen to most ppl who comment their gameplay it sounds as if fraps records their comments as an additional voice, not through in-game voice chat...

Just a thought ;)

OWGKID

I will see  :-D We talked through Skype when I recorded BF4 with my friend :)
LEGACY

Binnatics

Yesterday I played some team deathmatch when I got an invitation. The game runs smooth, but the loading between two games really is time consuming. Also, the game gets a bit buggy sometimes after all the loading. Yesterday my character's sound disappeared and I had to restart. I also once noticed a sudden framedrop after MP, but that happened as well after playing one of the rampage in SP, the Vagos rampage. Running the benchmark tool or changing the overclocking settings of my graphics card made that disappear. :-\\

You can make good money and RP playing deathmatch. I didn't have many kills, average of 8 per game, but made it easily ranking up twice. Rank 17 now ;)

OWGKID

Hmm yeah, I experienced a 30 second white screen after our first heist if you saw that in the video :o :angry-new: Never experienced those delays when I played solo ;)
LEGACY

Binnatics

[smg id=8708 type=preview align=center caption="20160506022733 1"]

Rank 500. My globe (behind my Rank) is silver now. Wow! It has been bronze since I reached rank 100. Now finally, after one year and 17 days, which in absolute gaming time is "67 full days, 7 hours, 33 minutes and  31 seconds" I managed to get to the next stage, so to speak. I read that rank 750 will make your globe turn gold. From gold it will stay that colour forever, until rank 8000.

Man, rank 8000. At my gaming speed it would cost me probably 16 years to reach that rank. Only cheaters can have reached such numbers within the time available since the game was released. Funny, in fact ^-^

I would like to reach 750 once. But that will probably take another year to achieve ^-^

By now I have 5 full garages, full of the most expensive sportscars, lowriders, old timers and whatnot. I own the most expensive houses, I own the most expensive yaght, I own 23 pegasus vehicles, ranging from a couple of 100k $ to up to 10 million $ and I have a litterally FULL wardrobe and juwelcase  >:D

And I got still 42 million on the bank, not knowing what to do with it right now.
I might finally start to rank up my second character and by some nice stuff for him 8) Or just wait until the next update and spend it on more luxury for my first character :-D

This last year, since april the 14th 2016, was an intense one. Steam states that I have played this game for 2005 hours now. That would be 36 hours per week.  :angel:

PZ

???

What the bang for the buck - the game @ US$60 means that you paid only about 3 cents per hour of game play!  You guys certainly win the award for getting the most out of a game!

Art Blade

Binnatics, +1 :-X for reaching rank 500 :) Nice stats, too :)

I just checked my online time for GTAV which is 3,360 hours and a total rank of 456 so far with two full-blown characters.

Binnatics

Thanx :)

Quote from: PZ on May 06, 2016, 10:39:02 AM
What the bang for the buck - the game @ US$60 means that you paid only about 3 cents per hour of game play!  You guys certainly win the award for getting the most out of a game!

Well yes, indeed PZ 8) :-X But don't forget the electricity bills for that amount of time playing a high end setup ;)

Art Blade

ask me about it  ??? It's as if having two hair dryers running at maximum capacity every day for some eight or more hours  :-()

Tags:
🡱 🡳