Screencap quiz: Where are these dumb mercs?

Started by PZ, March 26, 2012, 07:56:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Where do you find these stupid mercs?

Spoiler
Between the northwest bus stop and the armory in Bowa.  These two fools are always camped by the side of the road, making it easy to run them down.  >:D

[smg id=4163 align=center]
[smg id=4164 align=center]
[smg id=4165 align=center]

mandru

Good one PZ.  :-X

Spoiler
Try killing these mercs then take their AT for a ride out to the nearby gun shop and back.  You'll find the mercs have re-spawned but not their AT because you have it.  Interestingly enough the case of beer that was in the back of the AT when you commandeered it also re-spawns but because there's no AT there anymore it's floating in midair.   :-D
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

PZ

Now I remember you mentioning that one some time ago, mandru - that's a good tip, and will try it the next time I pass through.  I typically do what is depicted in these images.  :-()

PZ

I just had to try your method mandru - this is the result.

[smg id=4181 align=center]
[smg id=4182 align=center]
[smg id=4184 align=center]

mandru

It doesn't look like you got the floating case of beer.   ????   That's odd because I always get that when I do this.   ???

I enjoy the irony of lining up and running over these two yahoos in one go with their own missing AT.   ;)
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Quote from: mandru  on March 26, 2012, 11:38:29 PM
It doesn't look like you got the floating case of beer.   ????   That's odd because I always get that when I do this.   ???

No, I didn't see the floating case of beer  ????

Quote from: mandru  on March 26, 2012, 11:38:29 PM
I enjoy the irony of lining up and running over these two yahoos in one go with their own missing AT.   ;)

:-X :laugh:

fragger

I've seen the levitating beer crate. I want one so I don't have to bend down to get them out of the fridge :-()

I like in the second pic of the first three how PZ is getting hit even though the merc has his weapon pointing at the ground. Must be a psychic attack a la Scanners. Or is it the other merc who's doing the damage?

nexor

There must be something about these two mercs to get run over "everytime"     >:D

When I come from the bus stop with the quad bike I often nail the merc taking a leak on the opposite side of the road then race around in circles with his buddy chasing me, and lead him towards the rocks and pull a couple of manoeuvres to get him to roll his AT     :-D

PZ

Quote from: fragger on March 28, 2012, 05:10:06 AM
...I like in the second pic of the first three how PZ is getting hit even though the merc has his weapon pointing at the ground...

Like most everywhere else in Far Cry 2 - the mercs can be pointing their guns elsewhere and still manage to hit you.  :laugh:

Art Blade

That could just as well be a description of some women I knew.  8-X :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

TheStranger

Women? Ok I think I don't get it  :(

But I love these too mercs. It's fun to run over them every time hehe. And they are one of the few mercs who are not in a GP, maybe the infamous diamond hunter mercs? :)

PZ

Could be!  I wonder if the mercs hear "vrooom... vroooom..." like we do when someone runs us over.  :-()

Art Blade

Quote from: TheStranger on March 30, 2012, 12:42:17 PM
Women? Ok I think I don't get it  :(

Quote from: PZ on March 28, 2012, 01:13:07 PMthe mercs can be pointing their guns elsewhere and still manage to hit you.  :laugh:

In my mind I replaced "mercs" with "women" and "guns" with "remarks" -- women can do that if they are mad at you but don't want it to be too obvious. They'd talk to someone else just within your earshot and then slip in something you know perfectly well was aimed at you.  8-X ;)

PZ

Some of those fembots can have some pretty big guns too...  ???? :angel:

Art Blade

TheStranger

Quote from: Art Blade on March 30, 2012, 05:16:46 PM
In my mind I replaced "mercs" with "women" and "guns" with "remarks" -- women can do that if they are mad at you but don't want it to be too obvious. They'd talk to someone else just within your earshot and then slip in something you know perfectly well was aimed at you.  8-X ;)

Ah ok yep true story  ;D

Art Blade

ninzza

Quote from: Art Blade on March 30, 2012, 05:16:46 PM
Many men do that all the time. I have to confess that I'm one of them sometimes  ;D

PZ

Art Blade

Tags:
🡱 🡳