[smg id=4126 align=center]
[smg id=4127 align=center]
Spoiler
[smg id=4128 align=center]
[smg id=4129 align=center]
Spoiler
[smg id=4130 align=center]

mandru

I worked out where you were and what mission from the first picture and confirmed it with the other two pictures but I have to admit I've never approached it from that direction before. 

Speaking of that first picture is there anyone who hasn't crossed the river at this point following the road on the other side?  First off watch out for the merc over there with the RPG who guards the diamond case on the small island but the road curves to the uphill side and there's a whole area with a manned watchtower.  With the approach to the tower it has the feel of one of those spots in the game that should have had another entire mission centered around it.

Nice sequence of shots.  That second pic gave me serious pause on properly placing it until it clicked.   :-X

- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

PZ

Thanks for the tip!  I've never crossed the river to the road on the opposite side, but will as soon as I reenter the game.  :-X

Art Blade

Crossing the river at that point was probably the first thing I did when I first got there  :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

That's funny - I was so focused on going down river I never thought to go across to the other side!  :laugh:

fragger

I have actually gone all the way up to that watchtower mandru mentioned. It's a strange place for a watchtower as you can't really draw a bead on anything noteworthy from up there - in fact you can't even see much from up there. I think mandru may be right, it looks like it was designed as part of a mission that was never included in the final game. I think there's an ammo store or something up there too - it's been a while.

There are cliffs up there that give partial views of the river below and some of the land to the west. I though I saw a quick way down but it was a trap, I ended up on a ledge with no way back up and only a lethal fall in front. Watch out for that...

RE: The initial mission quiz, nice one PZ :-X Took me a while to w@&k it out. I too have never approached it that way before. The bridge actually threw me, in my case the answer clicked with the last pic and I worked backwards from that :-()

TheStranger

Hehe I instinctively put the screenshots in that part of the land, although I was not 100% sure. And concerning the watchtower: I thought exactly the same when I was approaching it. Would have been great for a mission - like many many other spots. One of my favorite is thepit with diamond case and the bones, blood and flesh in it. Near the SW busstop in Bowa Seko.

Tags:
🡱 🡳