Weapon dealer mission: southwest Bowa Seko

Started by PZ, January 29, 2011, 05:13:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

I was visiting the weapon dealer in northwest Bowa just to see what he might have to offer - he encouraged me to do a mission to take out the convoy in southwest Bowa Seko - I was happy to oblige.  First, I traveled to the southwest bus stop (from the northwest stop) - day light with plenty of sun.  The buggy was just the ticket as I made my way north.  After leaving the buggy on the south side of the dry creek, I crept up the hill toward the GP - threw one Molotov and the entire place went up killing every merc without firing a shot - only a single Molotov left my inventory.   >:D

[smg id=2810 width=400]

I sometimes forget how beautiful the fires burn in FC2, so I just stood there in admiration.
[smg id=2811 width=400]

Then I parked the resident assault truck on the bridge and waited inside the building - when the convoy reached the bridge and couldn't pass, the mercs got out and milled about - evidently they did not think to move the assault truck.  I took out the first guy with the dart.
[smg id=2812 width=400]

I expected the rest to raise alarm, but they did not, so down go two more, however, I knew that I should find two remaining patrol mercs.
[smg id=2813 width=400]

After the last merc fell, I cautiously approached the bridge and threw a single grenade - mission completed with enough violence to take out the guard rails on the bridge.  One more merc was caught in the fallout - at the far end of the bridge.  One merc left.
[smg id=2814 width=400]

One of the vehicles flew over my head to land behind me - catching the dry grass afire, and I heard the "ahhh....haaaa..." of the last merc
[smg id=2815 width=400]

It was a good day in Africa, and the hot parched landscape aided me in my efforts.

fragger

Nice one, mate :-X That particular GP always goes up well once you get a burn going! I would have liked to have seen that high-flying AT :-D

I see you're playing as Marty - I'd know that tat anywhere :-()

On my last 'thru I found a novel way to do that mission, provided one is proficient with the M-79. There's a rock ledge next to the safehouse to the SE of the GP which affords a good clear view over the valley towards the GP and the road leading out of it to the west. It's a long shot from there with the M-79, but the arms truck can be clobbered from a distance as it goes down the road after passing through the GP.

Your way looks more fun though :) :-X

PZ

Thanks fragger, this is one of my favorite weapon convoy missions.

Art Blade

I LOVE  those weapon dealer / convoy missions. They're the ones I try to finish before anything else pops up  ;D

Nice tutorial there, PZ  :-D :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

deadman1

I just did a benchmark with this upgraded rig that I have now, I can play with everything maxed out and get an average of 65 fps. So I agree with PZ, the fires are truly real eyecandy.

PZ

Thanks, Art - they are among my favorites too, right along with the assassination missions.  One reason these are favorites is that you can take your time to plan exactly how you're going to execute (no pun intended) the mission.  Sometimes I like to go in stealthy (most of the time), and at others, planting explosives is the ticket.

Glad that your upgraded rig is doing so well, deadman  :-X

Art Blade

Quote from: deadman on January 30, 2011, 02:51:22 AMthis upgraded rig that I have now

Please let us know what it is, here is your gaming rig specs as of June 2010, maybe you can upgrade it too  :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

On topic,

erm.. I just took on a weapons dealer mission located to the East, not far from the air strip and the polytech. The mission was given to me by the arms dealer near Port Selao.

On my way from the armoury to finish the mission, I had to pass the GP around the rail tracks (I just drove past, they're behind rocks anyway) and crossed the bridge to stop at the GP located on the other side of the river. I was already wondering why the RL merc wasn't welcoming me, I had climbed up to his spot but still no one there, so I shot (wounded) the only merc I could see (on the other side of the road, opposite the sniper nest) and went looking for the rest because I heard someone call for a medic behind me. But first I shot the wounded merc dead.

I couldn't find the one who had called the medic but heard an ATP coming along and shooting at me, so I took them out with my Deagle (an entire mag..) and a hand grenade which finished them off.

By the way, the Desert Eagle has an enormous range.. I shot the merc behind the MG of the patrolling boat down on the river with it (three bullets before he shut up and died) but couldn't see if the driver of the boat was still there, so I packed out my dart rifle to take a look through its scope, and indeed the driver was still sitting there (I forgot that they sit sideways so I couldn't make out his silhouette in the shadow) - one dart, done.

I went back to the road where my dune buggy was waiting, but got distracted by a merc who came from somewhere else, so I shot at thim, and again behind me someone called for a medic. A little annoyed, I killed the wounded and went for the ba$t@rd who kept calling medics. Found him, fired at him at close range, and he took three bullets from my Deagle before he croaked, incredible what some of them can take, and he was one of those bastards that dodge bullets (I still hit him, though).

Now again, back to the GP where my buggy was waiting, and I saw another merc there and the RL sniper had returned to his nest on top of that rock. So I took out the RL guy with a bullet in the chest, he cursed, and one between the eyes, no dodging, mate, and he croaked. Then I shot the other merc down on the other side. Two bullets. What did they give them for breakfast, for crying out loud? I'm talking DESERT EAGLE and they shrug the bullets off like flies  ????

Finally, I got them all, I checked the map where the convoy was now. No red marker.. erm.. no mission?  ??? I checked my stats, and I had one more side mission in my book.  ????

Crazy. I'm going to go back to the arms dealer to ask him again for that mission.  ^+-+

Art Blade

This time I had a merc finish the mission for me. Yes..

The convoy got stuck, as usually, near a river bend. I had the mercs shoot at the truck (it was between me and them) so they finished the mission for me  ;) Still they took bullets from my Deagle en masse  without bloody dying! Now, if I throw clips away that are still full, I wonder what I was shooting with.. hot air? No wonder they shrug when I shoot at them  ????

[smg id=2846 align=center type=link width=400]

PZ

lol, good story  :-X

I like that mission as well - the convoy often stops down the road and the mercs take a smoking break.  This has often happened to me if I take too long to get there.  I recall the very first time I did this mission - I thought I had to use an RPG and wait for them to come upon me.  While it worked fine, I started trying different techniques, such as the spread out IEDs, Carl-G, etc.  However, my favorite method is to wait for them to take their break, and then see if I can off the lot with the 6P9, then steal the big truck.  I recall doing this one time where I drove the truck careening into the Polytechnic, jumping out and running to the ledge above the area.  Once there, throwing Molotovs until the area (and the truck) went up.

Another variation I like when doing the convoy missions is to load the truck with IEDs, then parking it at some strategic location for detonation.  >:D

deadman1

Quote from: Art Blade on January 30, 2011, 10:29:31 AM
Quote from: deadman on January 30, 2011, 02:51:22 AMthis upgraded rig that I have now

Please let us know what it is, here is your gaming rig specs as of June 2010, maybe you can upgrade it too  :)

Done, the only real upgrade from that system was a quadcore CPU and a new KB and mouse  :)

Art Blade

fragger

Aye, indeed! :-X

And entertaining story, Art :-X

Art Blade

Tags:
🡱 🡳