Quick Start Saves

Started by RedRaven, May 14, 2009, 03:07:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on May 20, 2009, 11:39:26 PM
until then you could try mine (50 and 54%) and find out if DLC does pop up then (since they were created without). And you would have the honor of driving the car I kept posting about  ;D

Perfect!  I'll do that the next time I boot up the beast!

Art Blade

Quote from: dke58 on May 21, 2009, 05:45:09 AMhow did you get all the weapons unlocked & upgraded that early on in your game ? was it the gameprofile edit ?

I think you are referring to the cheats, because that's what I did: UnlockAllWeapons. The reason was, I played without cheating in my first through, now I didn't want to :) So I got my weapons that I was already used to.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

RedRaven

cool, thought so. its good to walk into the armoury and find it full, and the DLC box too - spoiled for choice ;D

have just uploaded Andre save games, post tutorial, 4 saves following on from the first Andre post.

Starting outside the church in Pala, (DLC needed tho - sorry to those without it)

Let me know if there are any problems with them.
Cheers :-X
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

PZ

Looking forward to trying out the saves dke58 and Art, I've played through enough so that I currently prefer to enter the game at certain percentages and go from there.

One question - if you are using a saved game that had cheats applied, do you need to enter the cheat parameters to still have the applied cheats or does the program "remember" that the cheat was applied?

RedRaven

got no cheats on my system but when i ran both of Arts saves the effects of them were there (all weapons available in both) good excuse to try new combinations or just go on a rampage  ;D  ;D  ;D
also if you have the DLC installed both of Arts saves w@&k fine and you get the DLC stuff too  :-X  :-X  :-X
spent couple hours this afternoon running around with weapons i dont normally buy/use just blowing things up.
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

PZ

Very cool...  can't wait to try it...  :-X

Art Blade

that is exactly what my saves were intended for. Grab any weapon you usually don't buy, they're all there. Plus, you have my gren truck ready :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

Only today I thought oh, is there a golden AK47 in my savegames?! and YES (the one where you start inside the armoury) inside a weapon crate there it is :)

I edited the description on the download page.

RedRaven

Andre at 4% , all 4 weapon vendor missions completed
49 diamonds to spend (silent & normal makarov got)
54 shots (100% accuracy - all 54 hits were kills,
4 Buddies Active and Alive.

Posted in Downloads section ;D

PZ

You guys are good - these are probably the best controlled, and best documented saves that I've seen available on the 'net - congratz on a job well done!   :-X

JRD

Agree with PZ.
Excellent job... these are really helpful for users  :-X
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

RedRaven

;D cheers, when can find it in the many, many folders and files will put some more Andre saves up deeper into the game.
keep getting engrosed in one got running at the moment...
  Infamous level setting, only using Machete, Grenades, Molotovs and Pistols. (and anytime a merc drops rocket launcher or sniper rifle will use that till it breaks down).
Its really hard but fun when i pull off 4 head-shot kills in quick succesion without getting shot back !!! ;D

PZ

...now, there's a guy that is proficient with his weapons!   :-X

I'm afraid that the mercs would get 4 head shots on me before I would get that many on them...

RedRaven

cant pull it off as often as i'd like, but its always fun to try. find myself drawing machete and charging in more and more these days too, only takes 1 or 2 strikes and they done. ;D ;D ;D

PZ

I'm enjoying the machete more these days as well - partly because I'm using the one that looks like an old lawnmower blade - love that look...

RedRaven

what what what.... different machetes ???
how did you manage that ?

PZ

Yeah, I thought you knew about them - the "stock" one that comes with the game, and codes that unlock the others - not positive, but I think that there is a home made one (looks like a lawn mower blade) and a primitive one.  Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

I believe that D_B has a registry file in the downloads section that unlocks these machetes plus the bonus missions for the PC and if you link your Playstation account to the Ubi account, on the PS3 - you also get the machetes.

JRD

Quote from: dke58 on June 07, 2009, 06:31:46 PM
what what what.... different machetes ???
how did you manage that ?

Are you serious?? Try this file.
Not only you get 3 wicked machetes but also enables the Predecessor Missions too  ;)
Run the .reg fie and launch FC2. Go to game options and you'll see machete type below the amBX option. You cannot change during game, so experimenting is not quick. I like the homemade one  ;D ;D

RedRaven

nice, cheers. had no idea at all about alternate blades, got a code for predecessor stuff but its just that. time to get chopping.....

RedRaven

just added Andre 42%, have just killed Prosper Kouassi, and ready for Act2. stood by south-west weapon vendor and still 100% accuracy. ;D

Art Blade

One could get the impression you were rather favourably disposed towards FC2, wouldn't you say, old chap?  ;D

great job  :-X

I know how hard it is to keep a halfways decent accuracy... just out of interest, how many shots fired? like 100?

RedRaven

Lol. just a bit (its not many games that grab me in such a way)

here are some stats
Total Shots = 672
Total Hits   = 672
Total Bullet Kills = 545
(127 shots from where its taken more than 1 bullet)

Machete Kills = 57
Fire Kills = 56
Blast Kills = 165
Vehicle Kills = 43

Body Count at end of Act 1 = 866

Fire and Blast kills are approximate totals (probably higher) ;D

oh - 37:19:53 time played...
and POO POO POO POO.....now got the same Jackal Tape glytch in southern map-POO POO POO POO.
kinda screws up trying to complete game 100% with everything found....god-damit :(

JRD

hmpf... using shotguns now I see my accuracy drops to a lousy 17% ....... but the fun level in blasting mercs face to face is increasing  ;D ;D

Art Blade

yeah, I did one runthrough trying to keep a good accuracy (up to 79% with 13k+ shots @ 50% completion, see savegames section)

Then I decided to hell with it, this is supposed to be fun... and I shoot everything, including my own car's engine  :)

RedRaven

to JRD - i love shotguns but they really suck for accuracy, every shot counts as 7, due to it being buck-shot, and i've yet to get all 7 to hit!!!!
the stats i posted below were achieved using SVD mostly (great sniper rifle ;D ). 
was hoping silenced shotgun would have solid slugs....alas was not to be :(

Tags:
🡱 🡳