Project Cars

Started by Jim di Griz, September 28, 2012, 05:25:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim di Griz

When I put those pictures up on the GT5 thread, I thought about this game when the reactions were so: "...amazing graphics..." and so on.

Then I tried to find a mention of it here, to post a link to some new screen captures and couldn't find one... :o and that surprised me. If I missed it somehow, then please accept my apologies and merge.

This game isn't even out yet - it's currently at Beta and slated for 2013 - PC only as far as I know.

It is a true racing sim and has generated a lot of buzz during the past year. But enough of the preamble, let the pictures spill their ten thousand words a piece into your minds. As one fan has said, you might want to "...strap a pillow under your jaw for safety reasons before clicking the link!"

www.vimeo.com/49895210 - for some reason the link won't display the page, but the link under does take you there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=uCtiKDRvPW4#!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=F464ABF7uqI#!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HOvjltYBggY#!

http://www.virtualr.net/project-cars-new-wet-weather-previews

I know that Slightly Mad Studios are behind Shift and Shift 2 but please don't hold that against them.
Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer  - Major Holdridge
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Art Blade

Excellent. Whoa. I heard about Project Cars before and if I'm not mistaken you can already play as in test it. A fellow racing gamer told me about it a while ago. However, it looks awesomazing  ??? :) :-X

Apart from a few exotic cars like Gumpert Apollo, Zonda R, Ferrari Enzo, Jaguar, Lotus 2-Eleven I was amazed at watching the new Pagani Huayra:

Project C.A.R.S. trailer - Introducing the new Pagani Huayra on Vimeo

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Jim di Griz

Indeed it has been playable for a while as a pre-alpha support mode.

QuoteJunior: €10 gets a €10 discount with monthly builds plus the ability to read the forums.

Team Member: €25 gets a €25 discount with weekly builds. You get an opponent named after you, access to exclusive cars, ability to create topics in the forums and ability to read "meeting minutes."

Full Member: €45 gets you the full game plus everything in the €25 tier.

Then there's Senior: €100, Manager: €1000, and Senior Manager €25000 tiers where you can get more and more access to meetings and also actually working on developing the game and plenty of other exclusive access.

Recommended minimum spec to run the game:

CPU - 3.0GHz Dual-Core, 2.4GHz Quad-Core
GRAPHICS - nVidia 9600 GT 512Mb, ATI Radeon HD 4750 512Mb
MEMORY - 2Gb RAM (3Gb-4Gb recommended)

I think a lot of serious sim-heads are on this already and the rest ar anticipating the full release.

It is quite amazing, isn't it?
Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer  - Major Holdridge

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Jim di Griz

This is getting closer now and it will be ported to all consoles too.

Especially for Art, an article in German. For the rest of us, it also has a fan made vid of what the game can look like  :)

Chromatic's Vid

Art Blade

ta mate :) checking now.

Quote"Project Cars" von den Slightly Mad Studios (Shift) befindet sich immer noch im Pre-Alpha-Stadium, glänzt aber jetzt schon mit hervorragender Grafik.  Eigentlich sollte "Project Cars" im März 2013 an den Start gehen, aber die Entwicklung zieht sich weiterhin in die Länge. Erst Ende 2013 soll die Rennsimulation für PC, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 und Wii U erscheinen:

Project Cars by Slightly Mad Studios (Shift) is still in pre-alpha yet it already shines with splendid graphics. Originally Project Cars was supposed to go live in March 2013 but development continues protracting. Release for PC, Xbox 360 and Wii U is not expected until the end of 2013.

Tags:
🡱 🡳