Uncharted 2

Started by spaceboy, September 02, 2009, 09:30:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fiach

Quote from: Art Blade on December 13, 2009, 06:32:59 PM
Nice... maybe one day, on a PC... :)

More than likely no PC release, its a PS3 exclusive. :(
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

PZ

Thanks for the great information, guys - very helpful in making the decision.  I'm sure to get this one to try it out - maybe Santa will be generous!  ;D

Art Blade

Quote from: Fiach on December 14, 2009, 12:19:09 AM
More than likely no PC release, its a PS3 exclusive. :(

One can't have the cake and eat it... so I will stick to the boards, reading your adventures, and enjoy what I can get for my PC. But man, that game is something. I have never seen so good graphics on a console (see that review link above, best HD quality) and the game itself looks fun. Enjoy it, console guys :)  :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

spaceboy

Thanks Art!  This would be a good one too for folks who don't typically like online because of the co-op mode - 3 people vs. AI.  Maybe I'll get PZ online with me if he gets it!

Well, there is talks about making into a movie, and despite the usual crap video game movies turn into, perhaps since this one PLAYS like a movie, it'll be good - it'll come down to the casting, because really the story and much of the dialogue oughta transfer well. 
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

PZ

hmmm.... cooperative play sounds like it has potential  :-X

Fiach

Yeah I was a total PC snob until I got a 360 and played gears of War and saw how cool graphics were in this generation.

Some games I re-purchased on 360 after playing the PC version, just to be able to play them on a big screen.

As regards the movie, well I think that the worst case scenario, is where they make a game of a movie as opposed to a movie of a game. Or trying to get a game made, so its release coincides with the movies release.

Some notable exceptions would be Resident Evil, the first two movies were quite good IMO.

Avatar the movie was something like 5 years in the making, so the game doesnt suffer any ill effects from trying to hit a tight schedule.

Cant think of any other good ones though.
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

spaceboy

it's alot of fun.  The co-op has both objective and survival.  With objective it either goes through a level similar (but not exact) to the SP campaign, or find and retrieve the treasure.  Survival is just that fight off the ever increasingly difficult hordes of enemies.  The first few levels are easy but get harder.  You can help revive a fallen friend, you can also save them if they're in a chokehold from an enemy.  Good fun.

Even the regular MP levels are primarily objective based.  The playlist contains good ole team deathmatch but it rarely gets picked (sometimes there are variations like team deathmatch - snipers and pistols only), but other modes are Plunder (retrieve the treasure and return to base), King of the Hill (like capture the flag).  Most people w@&k well together as a team and that's cool.

But from what I know of you PZ, we'd start off in co-op  -you can always move over to MP once your comfortable.

Oh and also, something you'd like PZ.  You can go into the maps alone so you can totally learn the layout, where the guns spawn, what jumps you can make, good spots to take cover, etc. 

PZ

Quote from: spaceboy on December 14, 2009, 02:52:57 PM
... Oh and also, something you'd like PZ.  You can go into the maps alone so you can totally learn the layout, where the guns spawn, what jumps you can make, good spots to take cover, etc.

Now that's a great feature - because my skills are somewhat ... ahem.... questionable, I am reluctant to hold others up in the game  ;D

Art Blade

PZ, just shoot them  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

spaceboy

Quote from: Art Blade on December 14, 2009, 05:15:58 PM
PZ, just shoot them  ;D

I almost missed the joke there Art, good one!   Yeah PZ if you see the other team don't tell them to stick their hands up, just shoot!

No seriously though you can even spice it up with a private match with 2 or more people and go into a match so while exploring you can at least shoot at someone!

PZ

lol, you guys are funny!

Although you're not far from wrong - I'd probably end up shooting my own team members - there's a reason I like SP so much  ;D

spaceboy

well the good thing then is that in both co-op and MP friendly fire is OFF (except for grenades and other explosions)

Art Blade

Psst, PZ, got that hint? Use grenades and explosives, to make sure you do some damage  ;D

PZ

I've got a itchy pin finger  ;D

Art Blade

<chuckle> pin finger  ;D Now that's funny   :-X

fragger

Quote from: PZ on December 15, 2009, 12:50:51 PM
I've got a itchy pin finger  ;D

Good one, PZ ;D ;D :-X

PZ

Well, Santa brought Uncharted 2 for my son, and I've been playing it since Christmas - must say that for a linear game it is the best I've ever played.  It is just like a story in which you play the lead role, and the graphics are so good you don't always know where the cut scenes end and the game play starts.

Just when you think there can't be any more, a new area opens up - literally tons of places you visit and it seems like you never see the same textures twice (not exactly true, but it sure feels that way).

This is an excellent game, probably one I'll purchase for myself.  :-X

spaceboy

glad to hear you're enjoying it PZ!  It really is a roller coaster ride with beautiful scenery and excellent characters.  Let me know when you want to try some co-op!

PZ

Will do space - my son is leaving tomorrow so I'll probably need to purchase my own copy of the game  :-\

PZ

Good news and bad news (for me only).

Here's the good - I finished the game yesterday and went to the Bonus section where there is a single player "store" that allows you to purchase items and tweaks.  Here's how it works: in the game you earn dollars with many of the activities, such as accurate head shots, killing a certain number of mercs under specific conditions, etc.  After you complete the game, you are free to purchase items such as weapons, clothing, and other items which you can use in further plays through.  I purchased a Deagle with two tweaks - unlimited ammo and single shot kills (which the Deagle did anyway).  You can turn these tweaks on or off at will through the options menu so you can experiment to your heart's content.

At first, I thought that like any other linear game, I'd be lucky to have enough interest in the game to actually complete it, but the story is so good, graphics so appealing, and immersion so effective that I'm looking forward to additional plays through, despite knowing how the story ends.  In fact, there are so many different areas in the game, it is difficult to remember them all, but one thing I can say is that it is like a favorite movie which you like to watch time after time.

Now the bad news (as I mentioned, for me only) - although my PS3 connects to the Internet, the login to the PlaystationNetwork times out when I do the Internet test on the console.  This is particularly strange because I can log into the network, it just takes a long time.  The unfortunate side consequence is that online gaming does not seem to w@&k for me at all any more.  (My console also doesn't log into UPlay either)  :'(

Art Blade

ooh. Have you considered contacting a help desk / customer service etc? The other option I can think of is taking your PS3 to a friend and see if it connects from there.

spaceboy

yeah PZ, glad you've enjoyed the game so much, but the connection must be because the weak wifi signal.  Mine is close to my router so the WiFi signal is strong.  Any way to boost that or like Art said, at least test it somewhere?

PZ

Maybe testing it somewhere else - hard wired it directly into the router's switch with no improvement.  At least that would narrow it down to a console problem versus Internet connection issue.  My fear is that my satellite provider has changed the service on their end to prevent gaming.  From the very start, they have said that gaming is not possible, but mine worked anyway - now it doesn't.  The support site doesn't help either.

eor123

Watched some trailers and played a few minutes of the demo the other day.

Sure looks interesting.

I may have to purchase a PS3 so I can play it.
"Seriously...f@#k it. This place is like an airplane with the engines falling off. The pilots are too busy choking each other to see there is a problem. "  -- Marty Alencar

spaceboy

it's definitely a high caliber single player game with a solid third person online multiplayer and co-op.   It's a good time to own a PS3 with God of War III and Heavy Rain coming out.

Tags:
🡱 🡳