Argh, stupid! (lol)

Started by Art Blade, August 23, 2009, 05:49:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

Quote from: fragger on September 03, 2009, 02:52:10 AM
Can I park, or what?

I might have learned a thing or three from you... parking like that made me feel like a nong ;D

[smg id=1377 align=center width=400]
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

retiredgord

Nice balancing act there.  Looks like a Mythbusters segment.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

iGame3D

I could fill this thread to overflowing with pics like those.
Never fails "I'll just go this way and avoid the guard posts, and get to that destination real quick"...vrrrrooom, crnk, crrrrng, rrrr, rrrr, rrrr, "damnit!"

Or right off some cliff edge, did a six turn tumble of a rock with a buggy today, finishing on all four wheels. Wish that was some kind of skill I could master.

You know for the buggy at least, you should be able to push it off of things like you do the boats. Or wire the hang-glider to it. Yeah that would be cool!

DKM2

That's about the only way to escape a patrol truck that's chasing you.
all out, off road. "Eat my dust!"   :-X
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

Art Blade

hehe yeah :)

Quote from: iGame3D on September 05, 2009, 01:08:13 PM
You know for the buggy at least, you should be able to push it off of things like you do the boats. Or wire the hang-glider to it. Yeah that would be cool!

sounds familiar, and yes... I once had that silly idea...  ;)
Driving a buggy off a cliff at Dogon Village.

[smg id=1384 align=center width=400]
[smg id=1385 align=center width=400]
[smg id=1386 align=center width=400]

and because it matches somehow, I'll use this pic again:

[smg id=734 align=center width=400]

DKM2

"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

Art Blade

hahahaha Buffalo Stance - "headbutt this, Bully"  :-* ;D

iGame3D

fragger

There must be an easier way to bag a buffalo, surely...  ;D

PZ

Its difficult to keep those darned animals out of your way in many areas, for instance on the short road from the northwest bus stop to the armory in Bowa, and headed north through the pass from the southwest bus stop in Bowa.

Art Blade

If I'm not in a hurry, I shoot my M79 at the road ahead of me to clear it of any moving objects, with or without horns  ;)

PZ

I don't mind running down the animals; anything stupid enough to run in front of a speeding vehicle deserves the same as the mercs ;D

Art Blade

hehe, yes... I think some are scripted that way so they do run into you - the windmill shop somewhere near Goka Falls, and the way up to the safehouse where the prince is, there are always zebras trying to headbutt my AT. Just now I was slowed down somewhere near North Rail Yard and Petro Sahel, and the bump I noticed but didn't pay attention to earlier was the cause... I have been dragging a zebra with me for like half a mile, peeled it off my car by running over a small rock :))

Art Blade

Something rare to find out there... and no, it's not my car. I believe the driver got arrested (no dead body to be found nearby) for unnecessary swerving or at least for parking disorderly.

[smg id=1394 align=center width=400]

mandru

;D

Good giggles galore! A few of these really had me laughing, probably because they brought back memories of some of my less than effective moments.

Sorry, I don't have any screen caps or clips simply because I've never really had any one to show them to and haven't needed to learn until now. I don't have a good picture but I'll try to keep it under the thousand word equivalent.

A favorite moment in my last play through was when I was asked to kill the artemisia(?sp the dried herb for malaria medicine) driver so my buddy could go through his papers while I smashed the kilns at the Dogon Village.

My standard approach for this operation is I've found a spot fairly close up on the hillside where I can first pop the sniper in the guard tower and then hit the driver without entering the encampment. Hornets nest stirred I hop up on a rock right there and address each merc as they filter out to confront me with the AS50.

This time the AT that covers that route showed up and I quickly tagged his gunner from a good distance off. The driver kicking it into turbo came busting in, running over 2 inattentive mercs positioning to rush me, cut hard to the right and came straight up the hill bumping into the rock I had been crouching on while he switched to the AT's gunner position.

Seeing what was coming in a split second before impact I shifted to the right, dropped off the rock to be below the level of the AT's 50 cal mounted gun and the driver seeing my move immediately exited out the back to come after me.

I rushed to the side of the truck to line up my shot which put me in a prime position to see the now slowly moving but gaining speed AT rolling backwards over him accompanied by his screams which went through the spectrum from surprise to cursing frustration and concluded with agony.

I think the remaining mercs at the post blamed me for the whole thing because they emptied out into plain sight to come after me, making it an easy mop up as not a single run rabbit (my personal nickname for hiding or fleeing NPCs) remained as I topped off my supplies.

- mandru

- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

spaceboy

that's a great story!  To me it's stuff like that that epitomizes our enjoyment with FC2 - funny, uncalculable stuff just happens.  You couldn't make that happen again if you tried probably.  It's so random, like real life.  Good stuff  :-X
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

fragger

;D That's funny stuff, mandru! Incidents like those you describe are what keep me coming back to this game. Those, and the freedom of action, the environmental effects, the choices of weaponry, the scope for innovation... I could go on...
Great story, mate, keep 'em coming! :-X

PZ

... and I just love it when the mercs kill each other either through incompetence or by accident.  There is a GP north of the southeast bus stop at shich I often see a dead merc lying in the street, the victim of a roving ATP.

I still remember the first time I saw a merc shoot one of his buddies and say words to the effect: "Sorry man..."

Art Blade

great story, mandru :) I'd love to hear that merc going through all his few available lines when he realises he's about to be killed by his own car ;D

And yeah, PZ, it's always funny to hear a nearby voice going "hey hey HEY!" or "don't shoot me!" as well as your pick "sorry, man" :)

mmosu

great stories guys!
can't tell you how many times i've done the long walk of shame myself after firmly planting the nose of a vehicle in the dirt, usually after running off of a "temporarily invisible" cliff in the dark while trying to duck the patrols.  Why is it that it always seems to happen as soon as I find an AT with a grenade launcher >:(

fragger

I think we've all been there, mmosu! ;D
On the subject of mercspeak, I like the guy who, when the shooting starts, runs around saying stuff like, "I don't want to die! I want to go home! Should never have gotten on the f***ing plane, should never have come here", and so on. Hilarious!

Art Blade

Yeah :) They do use different lines once you're on a higher reputation level, like 4. I think your line is one of those

mandru

I think if I could make a wish list for additional content additional dialog for the mercs would be at the top of my list and I still encounter snippets of conversations I've not heard in their entirety.

I'm pretty happy with the weapons and vehicles we start out available to us and have never purchased the additional pack. I just haven't had the need. Though I have long loved Unimogs. Who wouldn't fall for a flatbed that you could strap a Hummer onto and take that Hummer places it could never get to on its own.  ;)

Though I've tried all the weapons I always drift back to my standard snipe set up. Dragonuv in the north and AS50 in the south maps, Dart rifle and the grenade launcher in the secondary and play the end game with a spare dart rifle, the primary 4 shot grenade launcher and a Uzi in the weapon cases at that final safe house for a last second swap right before I hit the combined merc's camp and the LZ on my way to meet back up with the Jackal.

Yeah, the mercs definitely make the game w@&k for me.

- mandru
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

PZ

I purchased the DLC for the weapons initially, but as it turns out, the vehicles are what makes it valuable to me.  Although I use the silent shotgun and crossbow during the initial phase in the game when you don't have anything silent, I go back to my typical 6P9, dart, MP5 as soon as they are available.  At first I really enjoyed the thrill of the ATV ride where you can jump regularly, but have come to enjoy the Uni more with it's diesel roar and mounted .50 (I play a game with the GP mercs using that .50).

One nice thing about the ATV though is it's ability to fit into extremely tight spaces.  A fun exercise is to plaster it with IEDs and dive it past the barricades to park it in front of the APR or UFLL headquarters, whichever you dislike the most during that play through.

Tags:
🡱 🡳